Noctua Industrial PPC Fans

Thank god I spent my money... my wallet thanks me. 

I'll definitely be using these in my next build!  Holy Jesus balls though are they pricey at 20 fans....  

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

BUY THE MINERAL PC!

Srsly it is baller.

It's currently running something like, a Phenom II or something, a GTX 430, and 2gigs of RAM. I'd have to do some serious remodeling. And it's in a 30 gallon tank, which could hold a lot more than is in it lol. It's half-filled and dirty, yet still runs.

Again, not sure if it's worth the effort, but I'll probably still get it and make a build log with the remodel and current-to-semi current parts.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Still don't see the point of these for a personal computer. If you're going to run them at less than 1000rpm, then you might as well use the beige and brown fans at 1500rpm. Not only will they be pushing more air at that speed compared to the industrials at <1000rpm, but they will be pretty much just as loud. If you don't care about noise and just want optimal airflow, then there's been 2000-6000rpm 120mm and 140mm fans on the market for years that have equal if not better mm:h20 and Cfm specifications. I mean come on, they're called industrial for a reason.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Are the IP67-ones going to be used in a oil-cooled PC project Linus?

Yay... we got the same price, except it is in euros so 30€ for 1 fan. Awesome!

I want that s***!

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Linus, in your video you mention that the Low Noise Adapters (LNA) are not included with the IndustrialPPC fans, correct.

But then you said people could buy them seperatly from the fan anyway, wrong.

According to Noctua, the LNA are not compatible with the IndustrialPPC fans at all. Below you can see a screenshot of their website, but here's a link: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=70&lng=en

gallery_46584_1430_4371.png

Or you could've bought the cheaper, quieter, better looking and most importantly cooler Noiseblocker BlackSilentPro's. The anti vibrating pads are brown.

Hey @LinusTech, any chance you can weigh these babies and give

us a number for that? I haven't been able to find that data anywhere

and would be very curious about it.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

ip52 and ip67, and ip67 would be more expensive. Good to know, thx for the video Linus :D. I can already see the picture that when I buy those fans, asking those employees at retail why this one is more expensive. All I'll get is "don't know, the price is like this I guess". Or just simply give me a non-sense answer. This happen most of the time in my country :sob:

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Linus, in your video you mention that the Low Noise Adapters (LNA) are not included with the IndustrialPPC fans, correct.

But then you said people could buy them seperatly from the fan anyway, wrong.

According to Noctua, the LNA are not compatible with the IndustrialPPC fans at all. Below you can see a screenshot of their website, but here's a link: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=70&lng=en

gallery_46584_1430_4371.png

I think Linus should include this in the video.

Don't understand why people are complaining about price when there about the same as the normal ones here lol

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

I know right?

I didn't get it when people said it was so expensive.

Welcome to Australia ;p

I didn't get it when people said it was so expensive.

Welcome to Australia ;p

They are retailing at about the equivalent to 44-49 USD in Denmark (and aren't in stock jet) ... So around 30 bucks might be a good price after all  ;)  

FRACTAL DESIGN R4 / AMD FX 8350 / NVIDIA GTX 770 / ASUS SABERTOOTH FX990 R2

MacBook Pro (2011) w. Samsung 840 PRO & 16 GB Corsair Ram

"Best fans available"? are you lost..

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

"Best fans available"? are you lost..

Shush, now I need someone who can buy my NF-F12s for these babies.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

i dunno about black... part of owning a noctua is the colour... the brown and tan looks nice on a h100i none of this black shit.

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

what rpm could you get them down to Linus? you said you like under 1000 but didnt sound like you got that with these

Nice. Wish these had come out a couple of months earlier and I could have used them in my build. Would feel insanely extravagant to replace my perfectly good Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM case fans so early, but it's good to see that Noctua have made themselves a serious choice for the colour scheme of most builds with these new models. 

I can see why you would want a fan in a different colour if you don't like the colour, but the brown/beige was something different. Now there's just more choice in black fans, something we had too many of anyways. To me it feels the same as Gigabyte's choice to go for red with their gaming mobos to appeal to a wider audience at the cost of individuality. To pull the comparison even further into darkness, It's the same reason I don't watch tv anymore: too much generic junk.

i5-3570K @stock/Sabertooth Z77/2x4GB Vengeance LP 1600 CL9/EVGA GTX670 @stock/Samsung 830 256GB SSD/Corsair AX850(individualy sleeved cables)/Bitfenix Shinobi XL(window)/Custom loop: Swiftech Apogee HD white/EK-FC670 GTX Nickel Acetal/Alphacool VPP655/Bitspower D5 mod top/Bitspower D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150/Bitspower Black compression fittings/Mayhems Pastel Ice White coolant/2x Alphacool NexXxos XT45 360mm rads/Corsair SP120 QE fans @550rpm/Peripherals: DELL U2711 2560x1440/Samsung T220 1680x1050/Steelseries 6Gv2 keyboard/Logitech G700s mouse/Logitech Z10 speakers/ Sennheiser PC 151 headset/ 2GB + 1GB external USB3 HDDs/DEMCiflex fan filters/OS: Win7 hp 64bit

I can see why you would want a fan in a different colour if you don't like the colour, but the brown/beige was something different. Now there's just more choice in black fans, something we had too many of anyways. To me it feels the same as Gigabyte's choice to go for red with their gaming mobos to appeal to a wider audience at the cost of individuality. To pull the comparison even further into darkness, It's the same reason I don't watch tv anymore: too much generic junk.

AFAIK, Noctua has not said they won't keep on making the cream/brown fans they already have on the market, although I really feel they should offer black SKUs of those lines too. 

It's one thing saying options for consumers are a good thing, I agree, but from Noctua's point of view - how many people don't buy their fans because the colours clash with their rig? How many of those people would have bought their fans if they were black? 

They have been throwing money away by stubbornly sticking to a colour scheme that seems to be designed for 1990s cream PCs (despite Noctua launching in 2005!).

Am i The only one thinking of painting the rubber accents to red or any other rig matching color?

Seriously though, it would look awesome!

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

I really like noctua, but i want a black NF F12 at the same price as the brown one. I don't care about higher RPM, and paying more money for just the color it doesn't worth it. Just make the good old same NF F12 at different colors at the same price as the previous model.

The price tag looks so god dam painful though.... 

I've actually dropped a 20 dollar Phanteks 140mm fan a week ago and broke a blade..you could imagine the random swearing. Expensive fans should be built to last on top of being able to perform.

@LinusTech you should drop one of those from the height of a whole Linus just to see how durable these things are.

I've actually dropped a 20 dollar Phanteks 140mm fan a week ago and broke a blade..you could imagine the random swearing. Expensive fans should be built to last on top of being able to perform.

@LinusTech you should drop one of those from the height of a whole Linus just to see how durable these things are.

Funny now that you mention that.... I broke one of the fan blades off of my NZXT case fan recently too... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^