Noctua Industrial PPC Fans

Don't understand why people are complaining about price when there about the same as the normal ones here lol

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

NCIX US is selling them for $15..

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

NCIS US is selling them for $15..

Hope gibbs knows his shit.

Hope gibbs knows his shit.

Hahaha, I see what you did theree. I watch NCIS too :P.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

• 4 weeks later...

I know I'm late to the party, but can someone explain to me what the big deal is about the price? I mean, yeah, they're like 3 times the cost of other fans, but when the average cost of a fan is like $10-$15, is $35 really that big of a deal? If you care enough about your rig to outfit it with the best cooling fans ever, what's an extra $50 or so on an upgrade? If you're building on a budget, then I get it, but then I also feel like getting the absolute best fans ever (subjective opinion, I know) shouldn't really be a priority. If you're not on a strict budget, then I'd think either the price isn't high enough to be an issue, or the added durability and high speeds aren't a priority. I guess I just can't imagine a situation where someone feels that they NEED these fans, but can't swing the extra $100 at most.

• 3 weeks later...

4 of the 3000 RPM going on a Quad Alphacool Monsta Radiator. Will not need a fan upgrade for 20 years xD

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Can anyone confirm if the Industrial line comes with the anti-vibration rubber mounting grommets (not the pads)?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Can anyone confirm if the Industrial line comes with the anti-vibration rubber mounting grommets (not the pads)?

They do. And theyre horrible fans. Whirring noise at around 400 rpm easily audible from 10" orsomething if you have good ears.

Edit: Misread sorry. No they dont come with the rubber screws

They do. And theyre horrible fans. Whirring noise at around 400 rpm easily audible from 10" orsomething if you have good ears.

Hmm, interesting.

Im always sticking with my AP 123's

proven to be quieter than nf-f12's when on a grill or radiator.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Hmm, interesting.

Such a shame they don't bother offering them with black blades, would make them my first choice. Silverstone AP fans are one of the best looking fans imo but no Silverstone wants the blades in a different color >.< 

Such a shame they don't bother offering them with black blades, would make them my first choice. Silverstone AP fans are one of the best looking fans imo but no Silverstone wants the blades in a different color >.< 

Yeah, looks really bad in my red case. Tho my red case looks bad with no things too...

But yeah, blue and red dont mix.

Next case ill just get a nice neutral, metal case. Then get some other blue things, and have a nice blue themed build.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah, looks really bad in my red case. Tho my red case looks bad with no things too...

But yeah, blue and red dont mix.

Next case ill just get a nice neutral, metal case. Then get some other blue things, and have a nice blue themed build.

Or just go plain black. Black is always futureproof in case you ever want a different theme, black goes with everything

Or just go plain black. Black is always futureproof in case you ever want a different theme, black goes with everything

But i have the AP123.

But that would look good too, all black with the one blue

But i have the AP123.

But that would look good too, all black with the one blue

I meant case, motherboard, cooler, etc all black except that your ap123's are black/blue.

I meant case, motherboard, cooler, etc all black except that your ap123's are black/blue.

Yeah. To bad most MB's are colored.

Gigabyte 990fx one is great tho

84b.jpg

Hmm, interesting.

Proven? At only 31.4 CFM it also seems lame. The tone is definitely lower, and if the case is kept beneath a desk and I'm wearing headphones I won't notice it anyway.

Edit: Misread sorry. No they dont come with the rubber screws

You do know they're not supposed to run at less than 750 RPM right?

Proven? At only 31.4 CFM it also seems lame. The tone is definitely lower, and if the case is kept beneath a desk and I'm wearing headphones I won't notice it anyway.

CFM rating means nothing

You do know they're not supposed to run at less than 750 RPM right?

And why not? 

CFM rating means nothing

And why not? 

Read the little booklets with the fans. There's a minimum speed at which the blade plate balances for all fans, and the Industrial PPC line says to not run it at less than 750 RPM.

And CFM rating does mean something. It is directly proportional to the cooling you will achieve IF you have the static pressure to move air through your radiator or into the case through a mesh and filter.

Read the little booklets with the fans. There's a minimum speed at which the blade plate balances for all fans, and the Industrial PPC line says to not run it at less than 750 RPM.

http://noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=78&lng=en&set=1

Doesn't matter which speed it runs at, the whirring noise from the bearing was always there.

And CFM rating does mean something. It is directly proportional to the cooling you will achieve IF you have the static pressure to move air through your radiator or into the case through a mesh and filter.

It means nothing if you can't use it for a comparison. http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/02/18/why-static-pressure-max-flow-specs-are-poor-measures-of-fan-performance/

My AP181's (180mm) have a max speed of 1200rpm with a CFM rating of 120, I can pretty much guarantee you that it blows a shitload of more air than a noctua 3000 rpm. Every brand measures CFM differently, pointless thing to use as a comparison. 

http://noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=78&lng=en&set=1

Doesn't matter which speed it runs at, the whirring noise from the bearing was always there.

It means nothing if you can't use it for a comparison. http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/02/18/why-static-pressure-max-flow-specs-are-poor-measures-of-fan-performance/

My AP181's (180mm) have a max speed of 1200rpm with a CFM rating of 120, I can pretty much guarantee you that it blows a shitload of more air than a noctua 3000 rpm. Every brand measures CFM differently, pointless thing to use as a comparison. 

The way it is measured can be known and you can manipulate the figures for direct comparison. It's basic algebra. And yes, a 180mm fan best be able to out-CFM a 120mm fan.

And no, that whirring noise disappears at 750 RPM for me. Dead silent.

The way it is measured can be known and you can manipulate the figures for direct comparison. It's basic algebra. And yes, a 180mm fan best be able to out-CFM a 120mm fan.

And no, that whirring noise disappears at 750 RPM for me. Dead silent.

Dead silent, its still there. Theyre not even close to how quiet the original nf-f12 is. The bearing on original nf-f12 was literally inaudible from an inch away

Dead silent, its still there. Theyre not even close to how quiet the original nf-f12 is. The bearing on original nf-f12 was literally inaudible from an inch away

I guess you have a bad fan then because I hear nothing.

I guess you have a bad fan then because I hear nothing.

I bought multiple of them so no, maybe your hearings are bad

So have these come out in the us yet?

So have these come out in the us yet?

yes. You can get them on amazon in the U.S.