place with a nice atmosphere.

90% of all responses in this thread do not adhere to that vision and are

basically not contributing to a friendly atmosphere at all. It's because of

threads like these that newbies often don't feel welcome and are too

scared to ask for help, which in turn results in builds like the one this

thread is about.

I'd advise all of you to look back in time and question yourself if you were

all-knowing when you first started building computers. Look in the mirror

and honestly answer yourself the question "did I ever make any mistakes?".

Maybe it can help you start being nicer to people that do make them.

We talked this over, and because of all of the above, I'm locking this thread.

It doesn't adhere to the "don't be a dick" rule and, honestly, I'm saddened

by the fact that a thread like this was needed on the forums.

Yeah.. Sorry but QQ moar. Someone has the money and doesn't have a computer to your standards....

Except he failed horribly at building it. That's my problem. I don't care what someone has, but if they don't take care of it or whatever, then that just outright pisses me off. Just imagine a person going through Bentleys because the oil was never changed, it was ramped up to hell, or crashed every month because the fool can't stop drinking.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I am going to go shove a fork in my eyes now.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I seriously I want to beat the crap out of that person. If you have eight thousand fking dollars and you spend it on a PC than you have to fukin get it right! I WANT TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I am going to go shove a fork in my eyes now.

Make sure to get a badass eye patch if you decide to keep one eye.

picc-lbzaie5x-177906-500-651.jpeg

Otherwise... Hi, Mister Snake Eyes.

Snake-Eyes-Comic-2-Cover-A_1300394519.jp

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

While I agree it's a terrible build, I can only facepalm at your comments on the storage.

Agree

*looks over at his RAID 10 array of 4 1TB single platter HDDs*

STOP PC ABUSE

thats just horrible haha his loop just crosses everwhere

not sure whats worse that he put images bragging about it, or that he spent $8k... on that brilliant pc with the best loop ever

Wow, that's even worse than my own build and that's saying something! With my shitty old Thermaltake Matrix I simply gave up a long time ago - it's just not worth the effort. My new SSD for example just lies lose besides the drive cage. Everything is just as getto as it gets - relatively quiet, though. I'm going for a big upgrade (including a decent case), anyway later this year.

But looking at those pics makes looking at my current build so much easier! :D

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

He looked at the amount of tubing and didn't cut it down to the lenghts that he needed.

Also poor HAF X, it doesn't deserve this.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

He looked at the amount of tubing and didn't cut it down to the lenghts that he needed.

Also poor HAF X, it doesn't deserve this.

Poor haf x? guy spent $8,000 on a PC and didn't bother getting something that wasn't a pile of plastic lol.

the whole build is a steaming pile of dogpoo.  yet he defends it for some reason.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Even with my basic understanding of computer tech and such, that's so da** wrong. 

In the words of Rattrap when it comes to this stuff "Were all going to die."

And here I was thinking that the LTT community was a nice and welcoming one. Today is a sad day.

Point taken. I'll shut up.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

And here I was thinking that the LTT community was a nice and welcoming one. Today is a sad day.

i'm sure they would act nicer and give some constructive criticism if he was a member of the forums and posted this himself, but well. i guess that doesn't help much, no matter how nice the people are i'm not sure it's possible to not pick at something like that, they are human after all :P, in that sense the experiences with non techies or what you don't like about non techies threads isn't the least bit better.

Edit: then again, i think it's good to give people a little reminder about Linus's philosophy every now and then so that they don't forget it completely.

That moment when my build is cheaper and more powerful, with two 780s added to it.

./no

i'm sure they would act nicer and give some constructive criticism if he was a member of the forums and posted this himself,

Well, it's often threads like these that keep people from joining in, IME...

In Belgium, there was a huge campaign against keyboard warriors last year. The idea was basically that people shouldn't behave differently just because their comments can be made anonymous. IMO, that's a nice rule of life to adhere to :)

Nothing compliments a bad situation like a downpour of ignorance and shit talking from the onlookers.

I don't know which is worse, the rig or the comments...

Poor haf x? guy spent $8,000 on a PC and didn't bother getting something that wasn't a pile of plastic lol.

the whole build is a steaming pile of dogpoo.  yet he defends it for some reason.

No E-ATX/XL-ATX/HPTX case deserves this horrible treatment.

Your £5 per month can put an end to full-tower misuse.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

At that price point he could have gotten a sexier cheaper prebuilt.

hello random lurker welcome to linus tech tips

Dear god 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Hm. I seem to remember there being a rule about not being

a dick in the CoC somewhere...

Seriously, what does it matter? It's his money, his rig,

if you don't like it, either shut up and move on, or give

some actual advice in a respectful manner.

I fail to see how anything that guy has done justifies the

vitriol in this thread. Sigh.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

good job $8k wasted -_-

EDIT: no really even my first PC I ever build is better than that, and it was around $1k

lives on

BAKABT