Kids react to Old Computers

iNothing

That "Brooke-Monae" girl is very annoying, like a spoiled kid attitude, I cringed every time she talked.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

This is so scripted, this is why I hate American productions.

I don't hate Americans, just their overdramatized stupid bullcrap.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Agreed. I know how to work with DOS and old operating systems and I am not one of those "tablet children", I love good old hardware over the new stuff, it's fun to take a trip back in time.

I agree with this. People freak out when they see text on a black background. 

i'm a potato

The oldest PC I used had a copy of Windows ME, I never used the floppy drive though, only the optical. I remember playing a Tonka truck game that reminded me of SimCity. This was after XP was released though.

Oh how my Tonka game was forever broken :(

Error whaatt

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

That "Brooke-Monae" girl is very annoying, like a spoiled kid attitude, I cringed every time she talked.

IKR? She acts like all technology has to fit her standard. Go to 1:19, that was the worst when she was like "apps, games, websites, but this HAS NONE OF THIS!!" Of course it has none of that stuff you dumb fuck, that's why it's an old computer and there are people out there who appreciate and love this type of stuff so shut the fuck up.

Computers today use a button to turn on the monitor and another one to turn on the PC (tower).

Why assume with one button it's gonna turn on both?

Restarting for it to work

We still today need to restart to save changes or make sure a program/game installed correctly

Lastly how they insult it as if you can even call it technology

They don't appreciate the effort of past generations so that they can enjoy their pesky iPhones and tablets

Those rascaly kids *shakes cane* I'mma get 'em!

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

IKR? She acts like all technology has to fit her standard. Go to 1:19, that was the worst when she was like "apps, games, websites, but this HAS NONE OF THIS!!" Of course it has none of that stuff you dumb fuck, that's why it's an old computer and there are people out there who appreciate and love this type of stuff so shut the fuck up.

All of these kids are brats, I think they choose brats because they're more entertaining.

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

It's understandable a bunch of kids would criticize an old computer for being old.

A bunch of old people criticizing kids for being kids on the other hand...

The thing is, I don't find it funny at all, I would prefer a version of this video with just 10-11 years old kids. And see them genuinely struggling with it, not acting/faking or overacting.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

This is so scripted, this is why I hate American productions.

I don't hate Americans, just their overdramatized stupid bullcrap.

Please name one good reason why you brought national dislike into a video on children of today not knowing how to use the computer of yesterday.

Also, you're telling me every one of TheFineBros react videos are scripted? Every single one? I don't believe that, nor do I believe this one is. I reacted like this when my parents showed me logarithm books and told me they had to use that instead of a calculator.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

That makes me sad.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

And to think I would love to have a computer like this. These kids need a better appreciation for old tech. I remember my first computer was a windows 95 pc with a 800Mhz cpu and an ATI rage edition GPU. I still play Mech Warrior and Arena on it. *sigh* good times.

All of these kids are brats, I think they choose brats because they're more entertaining.

Yes. Thats why I cant stand kids react. I also think they choose kids that are stupid. I'm not talking about the younger ones as they probably don't know any better but the ones who are 10 and up. Look as some of the older tech videos kids react did and you'll see what I mean.

Not really that surprising, I started off with Windows XP and a pentium 4, Most people of my age would probably react similarly to that

i had xp with pentium too!

so you can die earlier too? no.

I really don't think that's what he meant. LOL

Yes. Thats why I cant stand kids react. I also think they choose kids that are stupid. I'm not talking about the younger ones as they probably don't know any better but the ones who are 10 and up. Look as some of the older tech videos kids react did and you'll see what I mean.

Or they're just over-acting, thats also a possibility

Or they're just over-acting, thats also a possibility

True. Watch these:

so you can die earlier too? no.

Debatable, it depends how early he meant and the possibilities we have of dying every year. But I admit I giggled with your post. 

I'm almost tempted to buy old DOS computers for my kids to learn on (or Raspberry Pi, something really low powered). Still remember the one I had in the early 90s. MS-DOS 3.x, iirc. Not as primitive as the Apple II, but still. 

Kids don't appreciate the power of technology D:

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

True. Watch these:

http://youtu.be/XkuirEweZvM

Yeah, thats not how kids talk, thats totally scripted.

(But I didn't know how to use a rotary phone either)

I'm almost tempted to buy old DOS computers for my kids to learn on (or Raspberry Pi, something really low powered). Still remember the one I had in the early 90s. MS-DOS 3.x, iirc. Not as primitive as the Apple II, but still. 

Kids don't appreciate the power of technology D:

I would love these kids to play a game like arena, mechwarrior, monkey island, doom or any game along those lines. Lets see their appreciation for that.

Debatable, it depends how early he meant and the possibilities we have of dying every year. But I admit I giggled with your post. 

I really don't think that's what he meant. LOL

=)