Kids react to Old Computers

iNothing

repost. Someone posted this about 6 hours ago.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

These kids probably only use tablets anyway.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

These kids probably only use tablets anyway.

Well, considering that some of these kids were born in the days where we had the first Dual Core CPU's and Windows XP, what do you expect? You probably wouldn't react any differently, if you grew up knowing only tablets and smartphones.

Some of these kids are even below 7 Years old, meaning they were born AFTER Windows Vista was launched.

It's just what they're used to and even I would find it a little tedious doing this type of stuff and I still know the days of floppy disks very well!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

LOL, kids don't even now command prompts. Today's technology makes it brain dead for anyone to use a computer, kind of takes the fun out of how it use to be, you now, actually using your brain to learn :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Sometimes I wish I was born earlier :(

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Not surprising. I'm 25 and my starter days were with Windows NT/95 which were a gui based os. But I did have access to Windows 1.0/2.0 machines which were a tad different. I'm expecting to see a kids going hipster in here saying they are pros at dos.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

have to admit is was funny - Do i have to pay for it hahahaha ... Oh this made my day . xD

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

Pretty dissapointing

How so?

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

reminds me of qbasic lol, used to code in that language, think i still can

also i have to say my first pc was a pentium 1 @ 100mhz 32mb ram and ran windows 3.1

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

How so?

Computers today use a button to turn on the monitor and another one to turn on the PC (tower).

Why assume with one button it's gonna turn on both?

Restarting for it to work

We still today need to restart to save changes or make sure a program/game installed correctly

Lastly how they insult it as if you can even call it technology

They don't appreciate the effort of past generations so that they can enjoy their pesky iPhones and tablets

Computers today use a button to turn on the monitor and another one to turn on the PC (tower).

Restarting for it to work

We still today need to restart to save changes or make sure a program/game installed correctly

Lastly how they insult it as if you can even call it technology

They don't appreciate the effort of past generations so that they can enjoy their pesky iPhones and tablets

They most likey use laptops, tablets and phones

1. Computers today use a button to turn on the monitor and another one to turn on the PC (tower).

2. Restarting for it to work

3. Lastly how they insult it as if you can even call it technology

1. I'm just going to take very wild guess here, that most of these kids, if not all, will probably use either a laptop, or a smartphones or a tablet. PC's in general, and also Gaming PC's, are becoming less and less popular at home, and to be honest, if you're not doing anything productive or game some very demanding titles and just use a computer of any sort to type a letter, e - mail or browse the internet, I don't see any reason as of why I should bother about getting a PC. It's not only in some cases more expensive, but also requires space, not to mention that a PC is not portable. So I could ask you the question of why to assume, that they have a PC at home. But coming back to the initial point, laptops etc. start with a press on one button, and maybe that's why they were a little overwhelmed.

2. Really? Unless a program requires a restart, Windows updated itself or I've installed a new driver, I don't have to restart the PC at all. I cannot remember the last time I had to restart my PC for a game to finish installing, let alone to play it. That again proves my guess, that they're mostly use tablets or smartphones at home, because you don't need to do that, but again even for laptops or PC that point is pretty weak to me and really just in 9 out of 10 times nonesense.

3. And what point did they "insult" it, not to mention that you cannot insult a thing, but whatever? They simply said, that they're glad, that they don't have to go through that hassle anymore and would never use such a thing again, and that doesn't insult anything, but rather compliments our achievements in the field of technology, that we're able to have 850x the computing power in the grip of our hand. And since some of them even said that, that proves your point as invalid again. But even then, why being disappointed by it? These kids were born AFTER the millenium, they don't know any better. The internet and technology was evolving and stil is evolving so fast, that the kids that are born in the next 3 years probably won't remember a thing about something like a CD or DVD. They will grow up with on - demand services. They will not understand, that we had special devices to playback a disk to watch a movie and of course that seems "stupid" to them, but only because they don't know any better.

I guess, what we can take away from this is, that you should stop acting so "shocked" and "disappointed" and rather see, that these kids are young and have grown up in a world, where things are easier, which often isn't a bad thing.

God thoes kids are spoiled if I was like 4 and someone shows me that I woudl want one so bad I would kill for uit even now I want one.

God thoes kids are spoiled if I was like 4 and someone shows me that I woudl want one so bad I would kill for uit even now I want one.

Most likely they have seen things way more interesting and colourful 

Not really that surprising, I started off with Windows XP and a pentium 4, Most people of my age would probably react similarly to that

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

The oldest PC I used had a copy of Windows ME, I never used the floppy drive though, only the optical. I remember playing a Tonka truck game that reminded me of SimCity. This was after XP was released though.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

LOL, kids don't even now command prompts. Today's technology makes it brain dead for anyone to use a computer, kind of takes the fun out of how it use to be, you now, actually using your brain to learn :D

Agreed. I know how to work with DOS and old operating systems and I am not one of those "tablet children", I love good old hardware over the new stuff, it's fun to take a trip back in time.

My kids have tablets, but my oldest daughter is just as at home gaming on a pc, she wants her own pc. I did let my oldest daughter hear a dial up modem and she didn't believe me at first when i said that was the sound you heard every time you had to wait to get online lol. My 7 yr old on the other had, she would rather play school and write on a dry erase board than play on a tablet or computer, I am glad she has a good imagination.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Why should they want this when they have much better options?

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Nostalgia is Awesome

Some people play Carmageddon on Android, cos its new, flashy, and they have heard its name before...

I built a PC for it.

P-233mhz+VoodooBanshee just for Carma,.......Awesome GlideAPI (Very comparable in looks to the Android OpenGL version, although Android uses a larger resolution)

My son has a gaming machine from the pre-2000's with lots of dos/win95/98 gaming glory to be had. He loves it more than his 500+ times more powerful smartphone...

I'm sure kids in years to come will be shocked about a lot of "current" things too :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz