Tomorrow, Russia Will Launch A Government-Owned Search Engine That Will Rival Google

JantsoP
Almost 70 years after the cold war-era ‘Space Race’ between the United States and Russia was kickstarted by the latter’s launch of the Sputnik 1 satellite into low Earth orbit, another Sputnik launch will likely start a new chapter in the Russian ‘Search Race’.

Only in russia folks. They are basicly now doing own world since they already have Facebook like social media called VK and now google is going to be replaced by their own search engine. I cant wait russias own twitter. Would be a dick move fron Russia to just redirect google.com to sputnik.ru :D

Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/russias-search-engine-will-rival-google-2014-5

Hahahahahhaha government owned search engine

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

I can imagine someone doing a school project about humans. And they go to type in Homo Sapiens
As soon as they type in homo the KGB come in through the windows... 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I legit chuckled to myself reading this.

same  :D

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I can imagine someone doing a school project about humans. And they go to type in Homo Sapiens

And the linuxes and macs :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

as long as people still have access to google, this is irrelevant. as soon as the government denies access to google, it goes against human rights

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Actually its FSB (Russian Secret Police or something) or you get the Spetsnaz jumping trough a windows and shouting russian

This will happen in russia if you type something like that

russian_spetsnaz_vs_russian_car-82125.gi

I really want to use this engine just for the hell of it. Then start searching how to build nuclear warheads and advanced jet engines.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Nothing, you didn't see anything

Edited by GeekySole9354

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Actually its FSB (Russias Secret Police or something) or you get the Spetsnaz jumping trough a windows and shouting russian

This will happen in russia if you type something like that

*gif*

Actually FSB abbreviation in Russian means almost exactly the same thing as NSA in English.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

-snip-

I think that is my new favorite .gif xD

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

is it just me or is Russia trying to go communist again?

there has been other thing Russia has done before that aims to communism more than this

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Actually, I think all the motivation behind this new search engine is "because we can". We already have our own search system called Yandex, it's decent for searching stuff in Russian (but I use Google anyways, hi there NSA), but hey, it's not completely controlled by our government (we already getting some webpages blocked, mostly because they contain info about drugs, WMDs or pron).

Inb4 five people are going to use Sputnik.

I guess Yandex wasn't cooperating as much as they wanted to.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I guess Yandex wasn't cooperating as much as they wanted to.

I don't think they've wanted to.

Rival Google? I don't know about that...rivaling Bing is probably a lot more likely. :P

I don't think they've wanted to.

By they I meant the government.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

By they I meant the government.

Ah. Yeah, that's probably the case.

You son of a bitch, I laughed my ass of in a cafe reading that.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^