How to justify 70 hours work weeks for $10k a year(pre tax)?

VirusDumb

So recently am Indian billionaire tech tycoon Naryan Murthy, the founder of an Indian IT consultancy services company, Infosys, went to say that the Youth workforce in India is the most unproductive and India needs to have 70 hours work week, citing Japan as an example (where work related self harm is a really big issue that the government encourages to take Mondays off). 

https://edition.cnn.com/india-infosys-founder-work-hours-success-intl-hnk/index.html

Now ofcourse he's being blasted by the people and media but one thing no one is talking about is why the Indian youth would be unproductive in the first place

Now the thing is his company Infosys is one of the few "infamous" mass recruitment companies which means they go to colleges hire as many people as they can, even though Infosys kind of stopped doing it and fired a lot of people ( these videos explain everything you need to know to understand in detail)

and the starting salary of these companies lay all the way around ₹2.5lpa (around $3000 per annum) to ₹4lpa (around $4800 per annum), pre tax and the average salary in Infosys is ₹9 lpa (slightly above $10k per annum) (again pre tax, the income tax is around 15% I think so maybe $8.5k in a year)

Now can you expect someone who went through college and got a degree, learnt to code to be satisfied with that much a year?

How can you even justify 70 hrs work weeks for getting paid in a year,what the monthly minimum wage in most first world countries is?

This just in, old rich boomer is disconnected from reality, news at 11. He didn't become rich by paying his workers a fair wage. He became rich and pulled the ladder up with him to prevent others from reaching his level.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 hours ago, VirusDumb said:

How can you even justify 70 hrs work weeks for getting paid in a year,what the monthly minimum wage in most first world countries is?

This is why Union after Union in the US has gone on strike. The working class is sick of the massive profits and large bonus's of the people at the time and having little to show for it. The only way to bring these rich bastards down is the organize and strike. Workers need to remember they are the means of production and they are the ones who determine what their time is worth. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

The only way to bring these rich bastards down is the organize and strike.The only way to bring these rich bastards down is the organize and strike.

Or both the employees and customers can push back on stupid money grubbing decisions that hurt both, and result in the head getting chopped off the company servant. See: Unity CEO.

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Workers need to remember they are the means of production and they are the ones who determine what their time is worth. 

And workers are the means to their own survival which is why it is more difficult to outright strike without some kind of financial or legal protection to do so. That's the big picture that matters more than just unions, because any consolidation of power is bad for workers, which can manifest in union leadership & admin as well. It just depends.

I feel for people in terrible working conditions and terrible wages. Glad the software company I work for has an actual office in India and by this standard offers upper class wages for hybrid work (home/office split).

I wish there were more cooperatives that were customer and/or employee owned - I think that would help, though they don't typically have the economies of scale that other forms of companies do.

5 hours ago, Donut417 said:

This is why Union after Union in the US has gone on strike. The working class is sick of the massive profits and large bonus's of the people at the time and having little to show for it. The only way to bring these rich bastards down is the organize and strike. Workers need to remember they are the means of production and they are the ones who determine what their time is worth. 

And meanwhile McDonald's is now paying upwards of $15 an hour and a basic morning sausage biscuit meal is over $10...

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

4 hours ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

And meanwhile McDonald's is now paying upwards of $15 an hour and a basic morning sausage biscuit meal is over $10...

Is this meant to imply that other people should damn well live in poverty just so you can have a cheap meal at McDonalds? Yeah, paying fair wages increases prices, but I'd wager making it fair for everybody is still a better outcome than just determining that a portion of the population get to live in abject poverty and work in slavish conditions just so you can live cheaper.

Besides, most global scale corporations could increase the salaries of their lowest earning employees by a factor of 3 and still cover all that with the bonuses they drop annually on their C-level executives, who don't work any harder than those on the front-lines but somehow still get paid thousands of times more.

12 hours ago, VirusDumb said:

You have to account for purchasing power. A raw number means nothing if we don't know what it costs to live there. But the bottom line is 70 hours is never an acceptable amount per week anywhere. There's a reason why most first-world countries have capped somewhere between 40 and 45 hours and many push for that to be lowered. For one, free time is just necessary. But more importantly, more hours do not result in more productivity, so it's essentially worthless to employers. Not to mention the health side-effects of overworking for employees.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

6 hours ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

I used to work in the industry and that's not even enough to deal with the ass holes that generally they have to deal with. If you dont like the price then stop eating there. Your not entitled to cheap food and cheap labor.

7 hours ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

I totally agree with this as minimum wage is more for unskilled laborers such as teenagers getting their first job while in high school and make their first drop of money...not to support families of 4 working at McDonald's. There's currently labor shortages in the United States in the construction industry and trades (electrician/plumper/contractor/carpenter) that need to be filled. And there's tons of money being pumped into U.S. infrastructure right now that there's gonna be a boom in construction to last for over a decade.

Go to community college/transfer or trade schools and earn a skill to make ludicrous amounts of money that McDonalds will never be able to provide. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

14 minutes ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

It's cheap labor because it is unskilled labor. 

That's not a valid justification. What's your reasoning to conclude that skillful labor should be compensated more? Not to mention that it isn't even remotely true, because plenty of skillful labor pays like utter dogshit.

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

That's not a valid justification. What's your reasoning to conclude that skillful labor should be compensated more? Not to mention that it isn't even remotely true, because plenty of skillful labor pays like utter dogshit.

Why should skilled labor be payed more? Because most if not all skilled labor have invested time and money to further their education in their job field. Money spent on training and equipment to stay up to date.

Do you think a burger flipper deserves the same pay as my job as a certified diesel mechanic who has spent tens of thousands of dollars on tools and training throughout my career? 

If you don't like the pay (or working conditions), then don't apply for the job. 

Nothing worse than some who applies and takes a job knowing full well what it pays only to bitch about the pay when the receive their first paycheck. 

35 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

People like you are the problem. You're the reason why all the fast food places cant keep people and are running understaffed and you are getting what your deserve.

Once again, boohoo.

You're a riot.

First you want to blame the greedy corporations for making a profit, and now you want to blame the end consumer for shitty work conditions. 

1 minute ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

Why should skilled labor be payed more? Because most if not all skilled labor have invested time and money to further their education in their job field. Money spent on training and equipment to stay up to date.

Do you think a burger flipper deserves the same pay as my job as a certified diesel mechanic who has spent tens of thousands of dollars on tools and training throughout my career? 

If you don't like the pay (or working conditions), then don't apply for the job. 

Nothing worse than some who applies and takes a job knowing full well what it pays only to bitch about the pay when the receive their first paycheck. 

Again, that's not a truism. A musician doesn't get paid generously, but time invested in practice, money invested in instruments, tools and software also is in the thousands. Meanwhile, plenty of well-paid jobs require little to no further financial investment. 

At the end of the day, what matters is the amount of work that gets done. A burger flipper works just as hard as a diesel mechanic.

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

Again, that's not a truism. A musician doesn't get paid generously, but time invested in practice, money invested in instruments, tools and software also is in the thousands. Meanwhile, plenty of well-paid jobs require little to no further financial investment. 

At the end of the day, what matters is the amount of work that gets done. A burger flipper works just as hard as a diesel mechanic.

You're insane. When's the last time a burger flipper had to work in an unairconditioned or unheated shop up to his elbows and grease and grime getting their knuckles skinned and pulling muscles? When's the last time a burger flipper had to go out in a blizzard or a hundred plus degree temperatures to do a roadside repair? 

12 minutes ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

Once again, boohoo.

You're a riot.

First you want to blame the greedy corporations for making a profit, and now you want to blame the end consumer for shitty work conditions. 

Corporations are greedy fucks and many people are dickheads that’s just a fact. If you dont like it then why don’t you get a job at McDonalds and show us how it’s done? Let me know what one it is so I can show up and be one of those “customers”. She how you like it. 

18 minutes ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

Once again, boohoo.

You're a riot.

So go get a job at minimum wage and tell me how you pulled yourself up by the bootstraps working one job and providing for a family of four 🙂

I make damn good money and you know what, if the janitor started making half as much as me you know what I'd do? I'd congratulate them, I'd be glad they're not being paid to live in poverty anymore. I'd be happy for them because fuck you and your bootlicking bullcrap!

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

13 minutes ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

You're insane. When's the last time a burger flipper had to work in an unairconditioned or unheated shop up to his elbows and grease and grime getting their knuckles skinned and pulling muscles? When's the last time a burger flipper had to go out in a blizzard or a hundred plus degree temperatures to do a roadside repair? 

Last I checked, the kitchen of a burger joint isn't air conditioned either. Also, I guess it sucks to be you for making the conscious bad choice to work in a field that costs you thousands where you get to work in shit conditions.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Meanwhile, I make good money sitting around in an office goofing off in front of a computer while investing literally $0 in training or certification. I totally work just as hard as any burger flipper or diesel mechanic or construction worker and since my work is considered skilled, I absolutely deserve to be paid more than any of them. Right? 

Sorry, but you just sound salty for no reason other than you think some minimum wage earner making a bit more is somehow a threat to your livelihood, all while ignoring the massive billionaire vultures bleeding everybody dry.

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Corporations are greedy fucks and many people are dickheads that’s just a fact. If you dont like it then why don’t you get a job at McDonalds and show us how it’s done? Let me know what one it is so I can show up and be one of those “customers”. She how you like it. 

So what if corporations are greedy fucks? 

Funny thing is though, I've never gotten a job from a poor person.

And you're probably typing this all out on an iPhone or a computer that was bought from one of those greedy Corporation fucks. So who are you to complain?

5 minutes ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

Last I checked, the kitchen of a burger joint isn't air conditioned either. Also, I guess it sucks to be you for making the conscious bad choice to work in a field that costs you thousands where you get to work in shit conditions.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Meanwhile, I make good money sitting around in an office goofing off in front of a computer while investing literally $0 in training or certification. I totally work just as hard as any burger flipper or diesel mechanic or construction worker and since my work is considered skilled, I absolutely deserve to be paid more than any of them. Right? 

Sorry, but you just sound salty for no reason other than you think some minimum wage earner making a bit more is somehow a threat to your livelihood, all while ignoring the massive billionaire vultures bleeding everybody dry.

Oh, okay. McDonald's air conditioners the whole entire building except for the kitchen?

I get paid damn good money for my shitty working conditions. 

And judging by your job description and working conditions, you must work for one of those billionaire vultures?

Oh, okay. McDonald's air conditioners the whole entire building except for the kitchen?

First off, don't ignore the rest of my post. Second, you have obviously never worked in a kitchen. I actually have. It's always hot in there. Clearly you're just all around talking out of your ass.

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Lurick said:

So go get a job at minimum wage and tell me how you pulled yourself up by the bootstraps working one job and providing for a family of four 🙂

You should have planned ahead and had a better paying job before you started pumping out babies without a way to support them.

3 minutes ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

First off, don't ignore the rest of my post. Second, you have obviously never worked in a kitchen. I actually have. It's always hot in there. Clearly you're just all around talking out of your ass.

Sure kitchens are hot, but they're not 100 plus degree day sun beating down on the back of your neck hot. There is no comparison.

Sure kitchens are hot, but they're not 100 plus degree day sun beating down on the back of your neck hot. There is no comparison.

To quote yourself:

34 minutes ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

Once again, boohoo.

To me it really sounds like you have some deep-seated issues over working in a field you don't really enjoy and think that's somehow getting devalued over some other people getting paid more. I mean, this is already evidenced by your complaint of having to pay more for meals at McDonalds, which, nota bene, nobody is forcing you to go to to get something to eat. If you can't afford it, that's on you, according to your doctrine.

Never mind that now we've veered off the whole "skilled labor" angle entirely. Because my job is also considered skilled, but again, I work in an air conditioned office hacking away at a keyboard most of the time and answering a few phone calls. Hardly as backbreaking as either of the things you're trying to compare. Yet you're here complaining about the working conditions you have to endure vis-à-vis a burger flipper, not an office worker. Why is that?

To me it really sounds like you've swallowed capitalist propaganda hook line and sinker and you're falling for one of their most powerful tactics: Rile up the plebs against each other so they don't focus on those actually bleeding them dry.

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

Boo fucking hoo. You have a very manly job and we're all very proud of your work. The last 5 posts you just cried about how hard your job is.

Everyone saying office jobs aren't "real work" have never worked an office job. While they might not be physically taxing on the same level as working on cars, they all the more stressful. Mental labor is still labor.

These are the jobs with the highest burnout rates:

• Doctors
  • Nurses
  • Social workers
  • Animal rescuers
  • Teachers
  • School principals
  • Attorneys
  • Police officers

Did you notice how most of these are not physical labor jobs?

And you don't have to invest huge amounts of money to get into a well paying job. I have literally paid $0 for my school and work education and now earn a decent living. But maybe i'm too european to see the problem here.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

17 hours ago, VirusDumb said:

So recently am Indian billionaire tech tycoon Naryan Murthy, the founder of an Indian IT consultancy services company, Infosys, went to say that the Youth workforce in India is the most unproductive and India needs to have 70 hours work week, citing Japan as an example (where work related self harm is a really big issue that the government encourages to take Mondays off). 

https://edition.cnn.com/india-infosys-founder-work-hours-success-intl-hnk/index.html

Now ofcourse he's being blasted by the people and media but one thing no one is talking about is why the Indian youth would be unproductive in the first place

Now the thing is his company Infosys is one of the few "infamous" mass recruitment companies which means they go to colleges hire as many people as they can, even though Infosys kind of stopped doing it and fired a lot of people ( these videos explain everything you need to know to understand in detail)

and the starting salary of these companies lay all the way around ₹2.5lpa (around $3000 per annum) to ₹4lpa (around $4800 per annum), pre tax and the average salary in Infosys is ₹9 lpa (slightly above $10k per annum) (again pre tax, the income tax is around 15% I think so maybe $8.5k in a year)

Now can you expect someone who went through college and got a degree, learnt to code to be satisfied with that much a year?

"How can you even justify 70 hrs work weeks for getting paid in a year,what the monthly minimum wage in most first world countries is?"

It's all relative.  If the economy in that area is viable at that salary... then it is what it is.

You can't compare it to US, as even $20k a year is poverty.

Though working 70 hours a week is way too much.  I've done it a few times over the years and it's incredibly draining.  Yay audit season!

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

30 minutes ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

To quote yourself:

To me it really sounds like you have some deep-seated issues over working in a field you don't really enjoy and think that's somehow getting devalued over some other people getting paid more. I mean, this is already evidenced by your complaint of having to pay more for meals at McDonalds, which, nota bene, nobody is forcing you to go to to get something to eat. If you can't afford it, that's on you, according to your doctrine.

Never mind that now we've veered off the whole "skilled labor" angle entirely. Because my job is also considered skilled, but again, I work in an air conditioned office hacking away at a keyboard most of the time and answering a few phone calls. Hardly as backbreaking as either of the things you're trying to compare. Yet you're here complaining about the working conditions you have to endure vis-à-vis a burger flipper, not an office worker. Why is that?

To me it really sounds like you've swallowed capitalist propaganda hook line and sinker and you're falling for one of their most powerful tactics: Rile up the plebs against each other so they don't focus on those actually bleeding them dry.

Where did i "complain" about my working conditions? I merely gave an example of them. Did i say i hate my job because of the working conditions? Did i say I'm underpaid due to my working conditions? 

I would much rather endure my working conditions than being couped up in cubicle.