Any word on when the week of downtime officially ends?

RoseLuck462
Go to solution Solved by RoseLuck462,

It’s here!

Mods pls lock topix 

Has there been any communication on it? Maybe on floatplane?

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

Use the time to explore other channels...

If you are subscribed, they will show up in your feed.

No one here can more than speculate....

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

2 hours ago, RoseLuck462 said:

Has there been any communication on it? Maybe on floatplane?

Yes there has been communication: For ShortCircuit, at least, they posted a community post on that channel, saying "normal production resumes on Wednesday".

I guess it will be a gradual ramp up after that point, as video production obviously takes time.

They probably do have some that were wrapped and scheduled to go up as well, so even as it ramps up it will probably be fairly quickly.

Though I'd imagine that whatever the first review or review-adjacent video is has been super thoroughly checked for accuracy at this point. A lot of eyes are gonna be on whatever comes first for sure, and some people will for sure be trying to find any little mistake they can.

Which I sorta get but is also kinda unfair. Ideally it has no absolute howlers of course, but it probably doesn't deserve the full on nitpicking bonanza it's likely to receive.

As fun as its been watching all the hate watchers fall over themselves to show who's the most outraged, I'd much rather a return to actual content. Kinda hopeful that the GN video will nudge them to quality over quantity. More Tech Longers, and a regular Emily/Linux video pleeeeze.

12 hours ago, Mertrodome said:

They probably do have some that were wrapped and scheduled to go up as well, so even as it ramps up it will probably be fairly quickly.

Though I'd imagine that whatever the first review or review-adjacent video is has been super thoroughly checked for accuracy at this point. A lot of eyes are gonna be on whatever comes first for sure, and some people will for sure be trying to find any little mistake they can.

Which I sorta get but is also kinda unfair. Ideally it has no absolute howlers of course, but it probably doesn't deserve the full on nitpicking bonanza it's likely to receive.

I guess it might be a tall order, or idk, maybe not, but I hope they don't lose the humor and the general jovial but accessible style or their content. There's a reason why LTT videos have more than quadruple the number of views as "you know who". Tech talk can be "technical" (lol obviously) and the way LTT has made it funny to watch daily is simply a miracle. I really hope that this general feel which permeates throughout their vast content stays the same. ()Only this time, with a bit more fact checkers)

5 minutes ago, stflames01 said:

I guess it might be a tall order, or idk, maybe not, but I hope they don't lose the humor and the general jovial but accessible style or their content. There's a reason why LTT videos have more than quadruple the number of views as "you know who". Tech talk can be "technical" (lol obviously) and the way LTT has made it funny to watch daily is simply a miracle. I really hope that this general feel which permeates throughout their vast content stays the same. ()Only this time, with a bit more fact checkers)

Honestly I think it will remain quite like it has been. The problem was never really with the entertainment side - just the graphs being shown, or the on-screen data usually. Occasionally the unwillingness to correct a mistake via reshoot or cutting it.

I guess there may be some more stuff that gets cut if they can't reshoot (e.g. Alienware keyboard "stickers" thing) rather than left in as it was, but I don't think that really makes or breaks that video as a whole even if they do cut it.

I'm with you, I hope their tone and type of video doesn't vastly change, just with a little more fact checking built in to the various processes along the way.

Hi there

I m really looking forward to the next 2 videos , why 2 because the first one will certainly be adressing all the drama.

LMG is a company and they have to adress Madison situation but this has to be done privately and I hope she will post again in the future saying that LMG took responsability even if the bad has already been done. She didn t have any other choice to make it public to get attention and it took some guts but from now on I think that she would prefer to deal with that in private. but i don't know what she thinks obviously.

I can't imagine a Linus goofy butter finger video so soon unfortunately because it would be seen as inappropriate , but i can't wait for it !!

Brendan

Main

Windows 11 home

Gigabyte aorus b450 M

Ryzen 3600X

2 X 8G DDR4 3200mhz Crucial ballistix

Coolermaster Hyper 212

500g nvme Crucial P4+

2T HDD

Laptop

Chrome OS Flex + Debian enabled

HP Probook 655 G3

Amd A10

2 x 4G DDR3L 1600mhz

128 g M2 sata

500G hhd

Nas

Truenas Scale

Lenovo M720S SFF

I5 6400

500g nvme Crucial P4+

6 x 2T HDDs

Mobile

Google pixel 7

Unpopular opinion and I know this will rub others the wrong way but I'd be happy if they took a second week off and really honed things to make sure they have their ducks in a row. Granted a loss of LMG content for a bit isn't a good thing but they need the time to focus on fixing things the right way. Just my opinion. 

17 hours ago, jnmaster said:

I really miss LTT.. Thursday can’t arrive soon enough.

yeah,In the time I don't have LTT I look at other things, but they have little to do with TECH,

If anything, How many TECH-related content that the general public can enjoy.

Random unboxing video depicts how great the product is? Apple related rumors? Oh no.

English is not my first language, and grammatical errors do exist.

Recent upgrade:CPU:AMD 5600 out AMD 7600 in, MB:ROG B450-F out MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI in,

Memory:16gX2 3200mhz out 16gX2 Acer Vesta II 6000MHz in,

DESKTOP:

CPU:AMD 7600,GPU:TUF 4090 OG OC,MB:MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI,Memory:16gX2 Acer Vesta II 6000MHz,Storage:2TB sn850+7.68TB CD6+4TB Acer GM7000 with thunderbolt SSD enclosure,

Case:P400A,PSU:Cooler Master V850 Gold V2,CPU cooler:assassin spirit 120,Monitor:MSI MAG274QRF-QD+neo g7+AOC CU34G2XP,

Mouse:G PRO,Keyboard:G915 TKL,

MOBILE:

LAPTOP:thinkbook 14+(7840H+32G ram),Mouse:MX anywhere 2s,4TB GM7000 with thunderbolt SSD enclosure,

IPAD:PRO12.9 (M1+16GB RAM)

PHONE:iphone 14 pro,oppo find N3.DAP:sony zx100, sony zx507.

AUDIO:

wireless:airpods pro2,sony xm4,

wired:jvc fx1100,audio technica IM02,audio technica IM04,sony mdr-1a,

NAS:

CPU:i5 4690,MB:asus z97-k,Memory:8gX2 ddr3,Storage:250GB ssdX2 raid for boot,10X10TB HDD raid z2,HBA card, 2.5g NIC,

it's time to get off the floor, this entire thing has been over blown bullshit from the start and I write as someone who could  not care less if it ever comes back. Witnessing people getting taken down over mundane errors and some nonsense over a product review all started by a rival channel.... GTFO. Make your content and push back, push back real hard.

Edited by BowlOfPorridge

18 hours ago, jnmaster said:

I really miss LTT.. Thursday can’t arrive soon enough.

Me2, it's time for good entertainment again - and I can only hope that they will also kick the "disinterested man of honor" from GN hard somewhere.

5 hours ago, Bren29 said:

I m really looking forward to the next 2 videos , why 2 because the first one will certainly be adressing all the drama.

Its unlikely they will address this thing in a while. For one, things like inside investigations and change in procedure take more time than one week. For two, they already addressed the drama and it caused more drama. So its more likely that videos coming up for the next couple of weeks are just backlog that were in some part of production or done before this happened.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Its unlikely they will address this thing in a while. For one, things like inside investigations and change in procedure take more time than one week. For two, they already addressed the drama and it caused more drama. So its more likely that videos coming up for the next couple of weeks are just backlog that were in some part of production or done before this happened.

honestly @LogicalDrm i hope you are right but i am 100% sure the next video will be related to some of the drama. meaning it will talk about how they organize stuff from now on . you see what i mean ? not tech related

Main

Windows 11 home

Gigabyte aorus b450 M

Ryzen 3600X

2 X 8G DDR4 3200mhz Crucial ballistix

Coolermaster Hyper 212

500g nvme Crucial P4+

2T HDD

Laptop

Chrome OS Flex + Debian enabled

HP Probook 655 G3

Amd A10

2 x 4G DDR3L 1600mhz

128 g M2 sata

500G hhd

Nas

Truenas Scale

Lenovo M720S SFF

I5 6400

500g nvme Crucial P4+

6 x 2T HDDs

Mobile

Google pixel 7

can i be honest with all of you i miss LTT but this was a big hit to them and as much as i miss the channel i would rather them take as long as they need to come back even better than before betweeen the madison stuff and the other stuff, including the production issues that any true fan will freely admit to noticing lately, we all in the forum love this channel and want to see it back at the best it can be, and that takes time to re-evaluate video quotas to deal with setting up the 3rd party and to group... I for one look forward to seeing LTT take this challlenging time and use it to make even better content.... 

2 minutes ago, jmoney322021 said:

can i be honest with all of you i miss LTT but this was a big hit to them and as much as i miss the channel i would rather them take as long as they need to come back even better than before betweeen the madison stuff and the other stuff, including the production issues that any true fan will freely admit to noticing lately, we all in the forum love this channel and want to see it back at the best it can be, and that takes time to re-evaluate video quotas to deal with setting up the 3rd party and to group... I for one look forward to seeing LTT take this challlenging time and use it to make even better content.... also who did this to my man on the website staff page???

Emily's name was updated, here's a video about it 🙂 

I would expect, maybe not for the first video, but maybe a tweet or a longer forum post for them to give viewers details of any changes that may have been put in to place after the weeks review or if a more detailed review is going to take longer how things may be resolved.

Maybe this is wishful thinking but I feel keeping the audience engaged needs to happen around the video production part of LTT

On 8/21/2023 at 10:54 PM, ColinJ451 said:

I wonder if the WAN show will be the first

So that Linus can pour some gasoline on this smoldering mess with this hot takes? 😆

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet