Any word on when the week of downtime officially ends?

RoseLuck462
Go to solution Solved by RoseLuck462,

It’s here!

Mods pls lock topix 

2 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

So that Linus can pour some gasoline on this smoldering mess with this hot takes? 😆

People were expecting it go ahead last week, the company would have already closed if it had done

30 minutes ago, MrDKOz said:

Emily's name was updated, here's a video about it 🙂 

Loved Anthony and gonna love Emily too . can t wait to see Emily back with her asmr voice 🤣

Main

Windows 11 home

Gigabyte aorus b450 M

Ryzen 3600X

2 X 8G DDR4 3200mhz Crucial ballistix

Coolermaster Hyper 212

500g nvme Crucial P4+

2T HDD

Laptop

Chrome OS Flex + Debian enabled

HP Probook 655 G3

Amd A10

2 x 4G DDR3L 1600mhz

128 g M2 sata

500G hhd

Nas

Truenas Scale

Lenovo M720S SFF

I5 6400

500g nvme Crucial P4+

6 x 2T HDDs

Mobile

Google pixel 7

I can't see them taking anymore than a week off. It would be hard to believe they could afford it. Aside from the pure lost revenue from a week of no new videos/sponsorship dollars etc., just in payroll/benefits they have probably sacrificed over $250,000 by shutting down production for a week. Combine that with the fact that they will likely be coming back in a less profitable form, financially, this was a HUGE deal for them to do. 

Tick tock , the week is almost over. 

Still wondering why no one has made a 'I want my MTV LTT' gif/meme. (And yeah I am humming that music whenever I open YT)

8 hours ago, MrDKOz said:

i saw which is why i tried to erase that part of the original post 

7 hours ago, jaro said:

Tick tock , the week is almost over. 

Still wondering why no one has made a 'I want my MTV LTT' gif/meme. (And yeah I am humming that music whenever I open YT)

probably because the internet as a whole tech wise knows EXACTLY why they are taking time away and respecting it 

8 hours ago, ColinJ451 said:

People were expecting it go ahead last week, the company would have already closed if it had done

it wouldnt have closed my guess is his wife would have pulled him away from the company all together if he did that 

I've been ready for new content,  Do I care that they messed up graphs on videos, no.  Does it have any direct relation to me, that they auctioned off a part, no.  Do people get harassed at every company, yes?  They are aware, and probably see why its not best to outsource HR. I hope what comes out of this is LMG doesnt hire anyone based on a fan reaction and they have 4 layers + of interviews to determine if someone will be a good fit or not.   

I am here for the content, and the content is missing.   😞  Lets gooo LMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  do what you do best,,,,,,,,,,,make entertaining content.    

Hopefully it's soon. We've been scrapin' up tech tips off the kitchen floor just to survive!

I bet TechLinked/GameLinked will be first to upload; they're pretty cut-and-dry news reporting. Just so long as the jokes aren't too dirty. (They can be as corny as ever!)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 hours ago, Biohazard777 said:

So that Linus can pour some gasoline on this smoldering mess with this hot takes? 😆

I give it 3 weeks. 3 weeks for the next "hot take."

We will get a new video on Wednesday or Thursday. It depends on how Linus is feeling though.

I like computers. And watching them blow up while playing GTA 5. Remember to update to Windows 11! 😁 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Brroooooo spiders are the only web developers that enjoy finding bugs.

Forum Member Definition:

A person who participates on an internet forum. Also called a forumite. So why does the word forumite remind me of a species of mites?

I just thought a week had already passed lol

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

1 hour ago, RoseLuck462 said:

I just thought a week had already passed lol

A week since the big "What Do We Do Now?" video - I saw someone said a Short Circuit video was announced to come out tomorrow.

On 8/21/2023 at 5:42 PM, jnmaster said:

I really miss LTT.. Thursday can’t arrive soon enough.

I can't agree more lol , i never realized how much i enjoyed watching them everday 

16 hours ago, jmoney322021 said:

we all in the forum love this channe

I don't love the channel, don't watch LMG stuff and haven't in quite some time. I'm here for the community not the personality 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

15 hours ago, Fire_Burns_22 said:

I can't see them taking anymore than a week off. It would be hard to believe they could afford it. Aside from the pure lost revenue from a week of no new videos/sponsorship dollars etc., just in payroll/benefits they have probably sacrificed over $250,000 by shutting down production for a week. Combine that with the fact that they will likely be coming back in a less profitable form, financially, this was a HUGE deal for them to do. 

I mean not only this but floatplane subs have taken a big hit too, like 300k a year down kinda hit 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

On 8/23/2023 at 9:26 AM, GOTSpectrum said:

I mean not only this but floatplane subs have taken a big hit too, like 300k a year down kinda hit 

So far, they're still net positive year-over-year from 2022. (At least according to the sparse data that's available from screenshots and the Wayback Machine.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Honestly just needs to take it's time, if it goes longer than a week then so be it. Some of the smaller shorter  channels like techquickie could start back up i'd image but the larger one's i'd be fine with taking a bit longer.

15 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Hopefully it's soon. We've been scrapin' up tech tips off the kitchen floor just to survive!

I bet TechLinked/GameLinked will be first to upload; they're pretty cut-and-dry news reporting. Just so long as the jokes aren't too dirty. (They can be as corny as ever!)

something something emmy award winner Tony Shalhoub

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I don't love the channel, don't watch LMG stuff and haven't in quite some time. I'm here for the community not the personality 

then you are not the one im talking to so why feel the need to respond to something meant for those who do? seems like a waste of your valuable time 

8 minutes ago, jmoney322021 said:

then you are not the one im talking to so why feel the need to respond to something meant for those who do? seems like a waste of your valuable time 

Hahaha my time is anything but valuable. I was simply offering an insight into alternative views of people on the forum. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I hope it's soon. Finally done with laptop refreshes, I need something fun.

4 minutes ago, jos said:

I don't think they have to change anything other than office culture, and just put a text, graphs for entertainment purposes only.

If they go entertainment only I think that would be detrimental as well. 

What's the point of doing reviews with graphs if it isn't anything but entertainment. 

Plus that would put the labs investment to waste. 

I seriously doubt that they will do that. 

I don’t think they need to go entertainment only or put up disclaimers on their data. Honestly, all they need to do is hire more people to split up the workload on the production side and in the meantime (because hiring ain’t fast) they need to pull someone technical from the labs team to QC every video before it goes up and that person have a full stop authority to send something back for errors in both data or procedural. 

1 hour ago, m9x3mos said:

If they go entertainment only I think that would be detrimental as well. 

What's the point of doing reviews with graphs if it isn't anything but entertainment. 

Plus that would put the labs investment to waste. 

I seriously doubt that they will do that. 

I don't see them going entertainment only ever because they don't want to.

If this was all just solely about the money Linus could have saved tones of time and effort doing dumb shit.
LMG, for better and for worse is a corporation headed, and employing tons of tech nerds who want to do informative stuff. they just get pushed to do it insanely fast.

LTT going entertainment only would be Linus betraying the ideas HE wanted for the company