Any word on when the week of downtime officially ends?

RoseLuck462
Go to solution Solved by RoseLuck462,

It’s here!

Mods pls lock topix 

This is my hope as a fan of the content: I don't expect videos yet, I imagine there are a lot of changes being discussed that will not be easy for a business their size to make. I would just like a communication providing an update. "This is what we've done, this is what we are still working on." It's the kind of communication I like to see from a business when I'm a customer.

I also understand that I'm just a Youtube premium member who is subscribed. The FloatPlane audience takes priority. We're not used to going this long between content form them, but we should also understand that this situation goes outside of normal business.

All I can hope for is that things get better day to day.

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

On the other hand, poorly thought and executed reactions only cause more issues. Its the actions that matter, not how its communicated to public. You can see that from any apology video/statement made. 

Sure, but at a certain point it's more useful to communicate. I'm not talking about addressing everything at all, nobody is excepting that; heck, not even results and conclusion, just a quick heartbeat "we are still around, we are considering/doing this that, stay tuned, thanks for your patience".

1 hour ago, MaxiTB said:

Sure, but at a certain point it's more useful to communicate. I'm not talking about addressing everything at all, nobody is excepting that; heck, not even results and conclusion, just a quick heartbeat "we are still around, we are considering/doing this that, stay tuned, thanks for your patience".

My thoughts. I understand the downtime but by now I would like some communication. 

24 minutes ago, roxsonixx said:

My thoughts. I understand the downtime but by now I would like some communication. 

This is my feelings too, lack of any social media content at all, no update, unsure if today's wan show will go ahead. Some communication, a forum, twitter or floatplane text post would be quite useful I feel as if they aren't ready to return then that's fine, as if deciding on an arbitrary time frame may not have been the best idea

Put yourself in their shoes. Think of everything that could actually go wrong if they made any sort of statement, tweet, post, whatever. Whatever they say at this point is going to never be enough for a very vocal part of the community (=haters).

You know what they are doing. They've said what's going on behind the scenes when they decided to halt for a bit. So sit down and find something else to complain about.

This is beginning to sound like drama queens running out of drama.

7 minutes ago, pauloforte said:

Put yourself in their shoes. Think of everything that could actually go wrong if they made any sort of statement, tweet, post, whatever. Whatever they say at this point is going to never be enough for a very vocal part of the community (=haters).

You know what they are doing. They've said what's going on behind the scenes when they decided to halt for a bit. So sit down and find something else to complain about.

This is beginning to sound like drama queens running out of drama.

My god, imagine if they would post "No WAN show today" and then they would accidentally do a WAN show. The drama and outcry of all their haters would be unmeasurable...

image.thumb.png.90ba390180c15bc03f0d112b0cfe93be.png

image.thumb.jpeg.ae2a10c8ce068b98e0439c1ad0f0607d.jpeg

image.png.9c60ab0030e2be4a8574cadce83c3b85.png

Their Disappointment will be Immeasurable And their Day Ruined, but seriously I hope we get a normal (minus LS hot takes for now lol) Wan show tonight, to get things back on track, if they are ready that is (although my tech tips stash is almost empty)

Wonder if how long it’ll go!

IMG_4192.thumb.jpeg.9f1a8bfbd0c10f65c4d60f84570d2216.jpeg

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

For what it's worth (not much) the only way I expect a WAN show tonight is if that's the vehicle they use to announce the end of the production hiatus, and the results of their intospections. And I rather think it would be the wrong vehicle to do that anyway.  In short, I dont expect one but would be happy to be wrong.

What I do think thogh, is that it's better to get their process changes right than to be fast doing it. It'll take however long it takes. I'm just missing my weekly WAN  fix.

I totally understand that regardless of what they do, people will hate. The moment they post a video, a million gremlins will crawl out "OMG WTF LINUS BAD".....but on the flip side NOT having any content those same gremlins are "OMG GUYS LOOK WE ARE DOING IT!"...Who knows what they best thing to do is?

5 minutes ago, roxsonixx said:

I totally understand that regardless of what they do, people will hate. The moment they post a video, a million gremlins will crawl out "OMG WTF LINUS BAD".....but on the flip side NOT having any content those same gremlins are "OMG GUYS LOOK WE ARE DOING IT!"...Who knows what they best thing to do is?

You are absolutely right. But luckily we can pinpoint exactly which bastards are behind this "stop making videos" shenanigans, forcing LMG to take a break. They even made a video about it:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, HenrySalayne said:

You are absolutely right. But luckily we can pinpoint exactly which bastards are behind this "stop making videos" shenanigans, forcing LMG to take a break. They even made a video about it:

Hide contents

Oh my goodness, what a clever dig! You sir win over 9,000 internets! We all know LMG messed up, it's been discussed to death, time to move on. Why are you even here?

7 minutes ago, roxsonixx said:

We all know LMG messed up, it's been discussed to death, time to move on. Why are you even here?

I don't think my sarcasm hit the right note...

Nobody forced or even suggested to LMG to pause video production. It was their very own decision. You can't blame "gremlins" for that...

Linus Voice: "Hello everyone, it's WAN Show and boy do we have a show for you tonight, first on the agenda is US. Then second on the agenda, it's us again. Guess what's third on the agenda? You got it, it's also US. Well, let's get this thing going, so Luke, what are your thoughts on the matter?"

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

Just now, cmndr said:

Linus Voice: "Hello everyone, it's WAN Show and boy do I have a show for you tonight, first on the agenda is US. Then second on the agenda, it's us again. Guess what's third on the agenda? You got it, it's also US. Well, let's get this things going, so Luke, what are your thoughts on the matter?"

Luke then spends 15 minutes talking about AI.

5 minutes ago, Erioch said:

Luke then spends 15 minutes talking about AI.

Luke voice: "So yeah, a lot of this could've been prevented with AI. For example, when I asked Bing if we should hire someone we weren't sure about based primarily on external crowd pressure, it told me to focus on skills and fit first. When I asked whether we should focus on a hastened production schedule or building in additional quality, it suggested that we carefully evaluate tradeoffs and consider a shift towards heightened quality controls and process improvements if we're focused on long term results."

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

21 minutes ago, HenrySalayne said:

I don't think my sarcasm hit the right note...

Nobody forced or even suggested to LMG to pause video production. It was their very own decision. You can't blame "gremlins" for that...

Nobody blamed the "gremlins" for not making videos. I totally understand why they did and I also think it was the right move for the time being. I am just hoping for some communication soon. 

As of a few hours ago on the LTT Releases Board, they have started dropping dedicated topics for documentation including  LTT Video Error Handling Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) , Labs Transparency Thread, and  LTT Labs Test Processes - Documentation. So I take it once they post a few more things, we will see a video maybe early next week explaining and showcasing these threads, their use, and more ongoing/future publications. 

LMG issued a statement earlier about hiring a private investigator to look into Madison's claims. That may not have finished yet, hence the continued media silence.

I sure hope to have a WAN show to watch in the morning, but not holding my breath for it!

🛌

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

4 minutes ago, Alan999 said:

tw.png.edbfde8addd1d14a476180ee5be244c4.png

Pinned 15min ago on Twitch (UK time).

Please give context... do not just post to post....

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

LMG issued a statement earlier about hiring a private investigator to look into Maddison's claims. That may not have finished yet, hence the continued media silence.

I sure hope to have a WAN show to watch in the morning, but not holding my breath for it!

🛌

To be realistic, that investigation could take months...

and it's Madison. With one D.

1 minute ago, MagicBoyUK said:

and it Madison

Fixed that.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Please give context... do not just post to post....

I'm not sure what else I can add. The only thing that runs on the Twitch channel is the WAN show so I'm guessing it relates to that, but LanglyMan didn't add any context to the pin.