Any word on when the week of downtime officially ends?

RoseLuck462
Go to solution Solved by RoseLuck462,

It’s here!

Mods pls lock topix 

14 hours ago, m9x3mos said:

If they go entertainment only I think that would be detrimental as well. 

What's the point of doing reviews with graphs if it isn't anything but entertainment. 

Plus that would put the labs investment to waste. 

I seriously doubt that they will do that. 

All YT content about technology is entertainment. If you take everything a YT video says as 100% unequivocal truth then there's an issue, and it's you. While someone's testing may be 'trusted and accurate', it's only accurate for the exact parameters they tested in. You could have the same hardware as the used test bench for a GPU, for example, and get radically different results. There isn't a perfect science or method to test and benchmark computer components due to the myriad of factors that can pop-up.

*** Thread cleaned ***

If you want to discuss about Gamers Nexus video and its waves, you can do it here:

Discussion that isn't on topic will be treated as derail and removed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, schwarzerrogen said:

All YT content about technology is entertainment. If you take everything a YT video says as 100% unequivocal truth then there's an issue, and it's you. While someone's testing may be 'trusted and accurate', it's only accurate for the exact parameters they tested in. You could have the same hardware as the used test bench for a GPU, for example, and get radically different results. There isn't a perfect science or method to test and benchmark computer components due to the myriad of factors that can pop-up.

I never said it would be 100% truth.

But there is good science on how to do comparative benchmarking. 

There are a number of factors that can be controlled for and documented that the results can be replicated. 

For instance testing graphics cards you use the fans bench, clean install of windows, same settings, locked cpu frequencies etc.

I feel like the longer LMG goes without posting new content could mean they are making more significant changes than they first anticipated. Hopefully we have a Wan Show this evening to restart things and bring us up to date. Today is what 10 days so we should be hearing something soon.

Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. (Jeremy Clarkson)

It’s been a week, where is everyone?

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

7 minutes ago, Flajavin said:

It will be nice if the first content after the break is the WAN show.

I think they should post some content before the WAN SHOW.

I was wondering if they could explain what and where they paid attention in the production and the changes in the production process in a story rather than text.

Make no mistake, the WAN SHOW is a more important piece than we thought.

So from now on maybe it would be better to include a formal section in the WAN SHOW like a commentary of the past week videos.

English is not my first language, and grammatical errors do exist.

Recent upgrade:CPU:AMD 5600 out AMD 7600 in, MB:ROG B450-F out MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI in,

Memory:16gX2 3200mhz out 16gX2 Acer Vesta II 6000MHz in,

DESKTOP:

CPU:AMD 7600,GPU:TUF 4090 OG OC,MB:MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI,Memory:16gX2 Acer Vesta II 6000MHz,Storage:2TB sn850+7.68TB CD6+4TB Acer GM7000 with thunderbolt SSD enclosure,

Case:P400A,PSU:Cooler Master V850 Gold V2,CPU cooler:assassin spirit 120,Monitor:MSI MAG274QRF-QD+neo g7+AOC CU34G2XP,

Mouse:G PRO,Keyboard:G915 TKL,

MOBILE:

LAPTOP:thinkbook 14+(7840H+32G ram),Mouse:MX anywhere 2s,4TB GM7000 with thunderbolt SSD enclosure,

IPAD:PRO12.9 (M1+16GB RAM)

PHONE:iphone 14 pro,oppo find N3.DAP:sony zx100, sony zx507.

AUDIO:

wireless:airpods pro2,sony xm4,

wired:jvc fx1100,audio technica IM02,audio technica IM04,sony mdr-1a,

NAS:

CPU:i5 4690,MB:asus z97-k,Memory:8gX2 ddr3,Storage:250GB ssdX2 raid for boot,10X10TB HDD raid z2,HBA card, 2.5g NIC,

3 minutes ago, merch22 said:

I think they should post some content before the WAN SHOW.

I was wondering if they could explain what and where they paid attention in the production and the changes in the production process in a story rather than text.

Make no mistake, the WAN SHOW is a more important piece than we thought.

So from now on maybe it would be better to include a formal section in the WAN SHOW like a commentary of the past week videos.

Yes, posting some new video before would be good also, but there are only a few hours left until the WAN Show(or maybe almost an entire day..depending on when they start) so I was thinking more in terms that I hope that they don't skip this week WAN Show also.

On 8/22/2023 at 3:04 PM, Fire_Burns_22 said:

I can't see them taking anymore than a week off. It would be hard to believe they could afford it. Aside from the pure lost revenue from a week of no new videos/sponsorship dollars etc., just in payroll/benefits they have probably sacrificed over $250,000 by shutting down production for a week. Combine that with the fact that they will likely be coming back in a less profitable form, financially, this was a HUGE deal for them to do. 

Are you making educated guesses or are you just guessing? How are you coming up with your numbers???

• My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

3 hours ago, RoseLuck462 said:

Reading announcements made, it was only stated that production would start, not exactly that any videos would be posted. Saturday and Sunday are prime-time days for any release, so those are days to be watched for main channel content.

Personally I think they shouldn't do WAN Show. And if they do, it shouldn't be in regular format, but more of panel discussion between CEO, Linus and Gary (maybe someone else too). No sponsor spots, no merch messages answered. But rather addressing core questions and worries raised by community. Even better would be to use external host, but I don't think they have that luxury in Vancouver with other big-name Youtubers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, Rolling2405 said:

Are you making educated guesses or are you just guessing? How are you coming up with your numbers???

Just an educated guess... We know they have over 120 employees. Most of their employees are going to be specially skilled individuals, meaning they're not going to be minimum or probably even average wages. Most sites I saw put the average wage in BC at 69-75k per year. Retirement contributions and other benefits could easily be 25k per employee per year. So I just took the simple math of 100k/52 puts us well over 200k for just a week, and that's before accounting for the engineers, and management that will probably be making significantly more than the average employee. 

4 hours ago, RoseLuck462 said:

i guess bingo

telling you as a resident evil fan...

7 minutes ago, Fire_Burns_22 said:

Just an educated guess... We know they have over 120 employees. Most of their employees are going to be specially skilled individuals, meaning they're not going to be minimum or probably even average wages. Most sites I saw put the average wage in BC at 69-75k per year. Retirement contributions and other benefits could easily be 25k per employee per year. So I just took the simple math of 100k/52 puts us well over 200k for just a week, and that's before accounting for the engineers, and management that will probably be making significantly more than the average employee. 

If you take into account the infrastructure they have, the amount of money is only going to get bigger.

I don't want to compare it to a factory. But realistically shutting down a production line is really like burning money.

Hopefully this shutdown will lead to an overall increase in productivity.

English is not my first language, and grammatical errors do exist.

Recent upgrade:CPU:AMD 5600 out AMD 7600 in, MB:ROG B450-F out MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI in,

Memory:16gX2 3200mhz out 16gX2 Acer Vesta II 6000MHz in,

DESKTOP:

CPU:AMD 7600,GPU:TUF 4090 OG OC,MB:MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI,Memory:16gX2 Acer Vesta II 6000MHz,Storage:2TB sn850+7.68TB CD6+4TB Acer GM7000 with thunderbolt SSD enclosure,

Case:P400A,PSU:Cooler Master V850 Gold V2,CPU cooler:assassin spirit 120,Monitor:MSI MAG274QRF-QD+neo g7+AOC CU34G2XP,

Mouse:G PRO,Keyboard:G915 TKL,

MOBILE:

LAPTOP:thinkbook 14+(7840H+32G ram),Mouse:MX anywhere 2s,4TB GM7000 with thunderbolt SSD enclosure,

IPAD:PRO12.9 (M1+16GB RAM)

PHONE:iphone 14 pro,oppo find N3.DAP:sony zx100, sony zx507.

AUDIO:

wireless:airpods pro2,sony xm4,

wired:jvc fx1100,audio technica IM02,audio technica IM04,sony mdr-1a,

NAS:

CPU:i5 4690,MB:asus z97-k,Memory:8gX2 ddr3,Storage:250GB ssdX2 raid for boot,10X10TB HDD raid z2,HBA card, 2.5g NIC,

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Reading announcements made, it was only stated that production would start, not exactly that any videos would be posted. Saturday and Sunday are prime-time days for any release, so those are days to be watched for main channel content.

Personally I think they shouldn't do WAN Show. And if they do, it shouldn't be in regular format, but more of panel discussion between CEO, Linus and Gary (maybe someone else too). No sponsor spots, no merch messages answered. But rather addressing core questions and worries raised by community. Even better would be to use external host, but I don't think they have that luxury in Vancouver with other big-name Youtubers.

At this point it would be interesting to hear anything... complete radio silence usually feels like someone is just waiting out the storm, followed by a warm breeze of stated intentions fizzling out into business as usual.

8 minutes ago, MaxiTB said:

At this point it would be interesting to hear anything... complete radio silence usually feels like someone is just waiting out the storm, followed by a warm breeze of stated intentions fizzling out into business as usual.

On the other hand, poorly thought and executed reactions only cause more issues. Its the actions that matter, not how its communicated to public. You can see that from any apology video/statement made. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

46 minutes ago, MaxiTB said:

Whenever they speak out, there will always be those who then insinuate something again and have something to grumble about.

In the current situation, there is no "right". They should just do whatever fits their schedule and then I hope that the normal program starts again, I want to continue to be entertained and no longer feel like watching an inactive channel.

6 hours ago, Flajavin said:

I was thinking the same thing.

8 hours ago, ImperialKnightErrant said:

If LMG needs more time to get their work processes and policies in place, then I'm all for it. It's ready when it's ready typically ends with better results, than trying to hit an arbitrary deadline

Agreed. People jonesing for the next video and putting pressure on content content content, and quantity over quality, is:

1. what got us in this mess in the first place, and
  2. what everyone keeps blaming AAA game companies for doing, when they release half-baked major titles to meet an arbitrary corporate deadline.

I often thought of this during many-a WAN show, when Linus rants randomly about some comment or chat he read and blows it up to high hell: Linus should stop paying too much attention to the vocal minority of nay-sayers and haters. These will always exist. There will always be people disagreeing with anything you do for whatever reason.

Just do your thing. Take your time. Everything will be alright, if your heart is in the right place.

7 hours ago, Flajavin said:

If it is, the rest of the management team will be just off-camera with their fingers hovering over a big red MUTE button 😉

8 hours ago, ImperialKnightErrant said:

If LMG needs more time to get their work processes and policies in place, then I'm all for it. It's ready when it's ready typically ends with better results, than trying to hit an arbitrary deadline

Lol, you just made me realize that one of GN's biggest concern is LMG rushing to hit arbitrary deadlines, and the first thing they did was to set an arbitrary deadline.

but hey, maybe the continued silence shows that they are learning

I just wanted to say, does anyone else miss them as much as I do? It's clear mistakes have been made but at no point did I ever stop believing in their mission. Thank you Linus, for being the bad ass that I trust to give me my tech news. I apologize for starting a new topic but I wanted to give you guys the praise you deserve. Internet drama can be ridiculous at times, so I needed to say, WE SUPPORT YOU.

1 minute ago, Da Grunt said:

I just wanted to say, does anyone else miss them as much as I do? It's clear mistakes have been made but at no point did I ever stop believing in their mission. Thank you Linus, for being the bad ass that I trust to give me my tech news. I apologize for starting a new topic but I wanted to give you guys the praise you deserve. Internet drama can be ridiculous at times, so I needed to say, WE SUPPORT YOU.

Your thread has been merged to another thread with discussion about the break.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, Da Grunt said:

Same here. Haters gonna hate, can't change this. But there are enough people who were and will be entertained. And these people miss LTT & Co.