How are you all choosing to show LTT support?

NavyEmt

Read this, then delete before posting

Simple questing: How are you all choosing to show LTT support? Are you watching LTT TV / Shopping LTT Store / rewatching old videos?

Just now, kngfbng said:

I'm patiently waiting for video releases to resume.

Doing the same, I'm also doing some light shopping.

1 minute ago, NavyEmt said:

Doing the same, I'm also doing some light shopping.

The way I see it, it's not my role to fund LMG while they take a hiatus to sort internals out. I understand your intention of helping cash flow while they take a hit in lost ad revenue and sponsors, but I don't believe they're in a dire situation to actually need help. If a video comes out tomorrow saying they'll go bankrupt within 3 days if they don't get a major injection of capital, I'll sure consider going out of my way by leaving LTT TV on while I sleep or picking up a treat at the store. Meanwhile, I believe spare charity money would do much better in an actual charity.

Kids in Maui would really appreciate a few water bottles, or maybe even kids at your local orphanage could use a bag of toys from the dollar store. If it's really a YouTuber you must help, check out Fran Blanche's patreon, she's been in a money rut for a good while and is a very deep well of knowledge in various subjects.

Anyway, not hating, just saying.

I haven’t watched LTT in years, techtubers in general aren’t much interest to me these days.

Im here because this is a consumer tech oriented forum, not the LTT fan club. There’s plenty of people here who I see on the same internet circles, /g/, VCF, techpowerup, even Twitter and more specialized places like the thinkpads forum.

We all share one mutual view, Reddit users are cringe.

But LTT being the forefront of a lot of

drama, especially now, isn’t helping the image of this community for any serious discussion on consumer tech.

tldr no I don’t do anything to support LTT, this is just another part of a large scope of tech spaces 

1 minute ago, 8tg said:

I haven’t watched LTT in years, techtubers in general aren’t much interest to me these days.

Im here because this is a consumer tech oriented forum, not the LTT fan club. There’s plenty of people here who I see on the same internet circles, /g/, VCF, techpowerup, even Twitter and more specialized places like the thinkpads forum.

We all share one mutual view, Reddit users are cringe.

But LTT being the forefront of a lot of

drama, especially now, isn’t helping the image of this community for any serious discussion on consumer tech.

We can agree Reddit is cringe and not very open to people are new to space asking questions. 

19 minutes ago, emosun said:

i dont do anything prior or now

Ditto.

By doing what Linus and Luke have always said we should do with companies as individuals - voting with my wallet. So, in the only form of feedback that actually matters, I've moved my Floatplane subscription to YouTube Premium. It might go back to Floatplane, if their quality improves; however, they've been talking about these "improved processes" for years, and the uptick in quality and attention to detail never seems to materialise.

I do see this as a form of support, weird as it sounds; I want them to get better, because the videos are entertaining. They don't need my money, that's for sure, and in truth I'd been considering dropping FP because of the sheer number of annotated corrections for a while anyway, and I'd pretty much decided when the "I'm not spending $500 to correct our mistakes" thing came up, I just got distracted and forgot to cancel it.

1 hour ago, NavyEmt said:

How are you all choosing to show LTT support?

I'll consider to see coming content.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

I am still not watching anything LMG until I see the WAN Show and considering it was cancelled, not until next friday at the earliest. 

MAYBE I will watch the next Mac Address IF it seems interesting. It is the channel that seems least connected to the rest of the company and more independent? The lack of a solid deadline upload schedule and smaller team makes it seem more healthy than the video a day of the other ones. 

It is probably for the best for me anyway. Having my subscriptions every day be from one company is not ideal and so being able to see the over 100 other channels I subscribe to can improve my mental health. Tech Youtube has been draining me anyway as of late. Bad news, drama, high prices, and so on just depress me. I am not looking to buy anything any time soon and not seeing such things in my feed will be a relief. 

I actually swapped what google account I have for Youtube on my mobile devices. I have like 5, so a semi Youtube purge by starting from scratch on one is something I should have tried a long time ago. 

If there were a Wooden Magnet PC or small backback notification I will be interested on signing up, but only due to the products themselves. Although with how the development has been going I think giving up on ever seeing them might be easier to deal with. 

I do have something to say to Linus though and to the people responsible for this situation. It's very supportive, they're gonna love it. 🙂

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

Not 😛

I use the forum because many others closed or were abandoned.

Thats about it. Dont agree with what has happened from what I have seen and I hope the 3rd party investigator doesnt just go nop alls good no need to change because that is simply bullshit

This will have lasting effects and I do believe for one that a ton of smaller companies will havd ltt now on a much lower priority if at all for sending things since there is such a lack of care.

And they better just delete those totallt wrong videos because simply put they will cause more harm than good as people will NOT read comments or pay attention to notes in a video

I'm supporting Linus and LTT by contributing to the discussion on all thier mistakes because that's the only thing which has a chance of getting a corporate culture overhaul.

They have a chance to not be the next Gearbox or Activision, if they take care of the senior management that thinks sexual jokes in the end of harassment-meetings are fine, or the other senior management that mistreated their new young employees. They have a chance for the owner to realize how much he contributed to that culture himself, as well.

Discussing the problem is support. It's done because I want them to improve.

I'm choosing to support Linus, and LMG by participating in the discussion to try and raise awareness of the obvious issues that are currently plagueing the company, and hoping that they actually follow through on the feedback and public outrage. 

I'm already a Floatplane subscriber and I've bought LTT merch (I loved the ABC's of gaming and so did my son), but I'm going to wait with what happens before I choose to support the company financially in light of recent events. I'm going to be transparant and say that I am just a tiny drop in the ocean as a single consumer but I'd like to think that voting with my wallet sends a message. 

I'm applying Ikea spelling, meaning you get most of the words and letters, then it's up to you to assemble them correctly! 👍

Unsubscribing, subscribed for over 10 years but stopped watching a while ago when it started becoming less about the tech and more about the subs / money

By not breaking universal rule #1, it's really not that hard to just not point fingers and shout stuff like "lmg should go bankrupt" and wait and see. You know, use some common sense and don't do shit that you wouldn't do face to face to someone in real life.

Im waiting to hear the next steps from (hopefully) Teren and Linus. It's important that the LMG direction aligns with the vision and addresses the issues of the past few days.  

If they address this with a clearly defined strategy and time line then I'll happily purchase merch and resubscribe to float plane. 

Counter-question: What makes you think support is necessary or deserved?

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

I unsubscribed from Floatplane since I have lost trust in the factual accuracy of their content, I had lost trust in their non-technical reporting a year ago, but the Gamers Nexus video also lost my trust in their technical content. Funnily enough though, I did place an order from the store a couple of days ago, the laundry at the hotel I was staying at lost a few pairs of my underwear, so I ordered two more packs.