How are you all choosing to show LTT support?

NavyEmt

Zero support, let them show improvement. Unsubbed from LTT and all subchannels, cancelled floatplane, asked all my friends to do the same. Have also filed a complaint with my European bank about 3D-secure being ignored by their preferred online sales platform, which is against the law if you want to do business in Europe.

I'm also not doing anything.  
I agree with a previous post in this thread that if I want to support something or someone it would be the Maui fires or kids in need.  Huge corporations making videos don't need my support, money or otherwise, while they sort out their broken processes.

I'll just look forward to watching the videos when they resume.   That's about it.

6 hours ago, NavyEmt said:

Simple questing: How are you all choosing to show LTT support? Are you watching LTT TV / Shopping LTT Store / rewatching old videos?

That's predicated on support being necessary.

I'm happy to wait and see how things improve before they earn my sub back.

I will continue to watch them.

I'd consider this entire incident as growing pains. It's unfortunate though, due to incidents like these, companies go from "entertainment" to "soulless." As far as the Madison thing, if it happened the way she said, that's terrible, however... no business is without drama. LMG grew exponentially and a lot of their crew is young, so you're going to have a "club house" mentality. There is no business that every employee "clicks" --I work in a clinic and there is always drama. Again, it's unfortunate. 

All I hope is that they don't change too much, as the internet attempts to cancel them. 

Never supported them beyond watching their entertainment.  Always considered them entertainment rather than review or tech information.  It was pretty clear from day from when I started watching about 4 years ago that they really weren't interested in technical accuracy.  Their merch doesn't generally interest me and their shipping prices are stupid in this day and age.  I thought it was a bad move for them to buy the lab and try to go "serious"

I am sad t see no WAN show this week as it's how I normally waste my saturday morning.

Personally I am suspicious they are less spending this time off to work out their process issues and investigating the maddison situation and believe they are more brainstorming how they recover their image from this and what they communicate to the community about changes(as fake as they are likely to be).

33 minutes ago, gottahavit said:

Personally I am suspicious they are less spending this time off to work out their process issues and investigating the maddison situation and believe they are more brainstorming how they recover their image from this and what they communicate to the community about changes(as fake as they are likely to be).

What if they brainstorm the idea that the best way to recover their image by dealing with the process issues and investigate the Madison situation?

32 minutes ago, gottahavit said:

Never supported them beyond watching their entertainment.  Always considered them entertainment rather than review or tech information.  It was pretty clear from day from when I started watching about 4 years ago that they really weren't interested in technical accuracy.  Their merch doesn't generally interest me and their shipping prices are stupid in this day and age.  I thought it was a bad move for them to buy the lab and try to go "serious"

I've always thought of LTT as a tech top gear, you didn't watch that show for car reviews, you watched it for Clarkson shouting poooooooooooooweeeeerrrrr, Hamond crashing, and May sneaking up and making really funny but kind of wrong jokes.

8 hours ago, NavyEmt said:

Read this, then delete before posting

Simple questing: How are you all choosing to show LTT support? Are you watching LTT TV / Shopping LTT Store / rewatching old videos?

Why?

I came to this forum to see what the supporters' discussion was and I'm appalled at the lack of actual support for this company and its team. I bet that if LTT just ignored GN that there would be less backlash than there is now. I'm not saying that is the right choice but I bet that the majority of LTT viewers are completely unaware of him. Yes die hard tech fans play the field but subscriber count confirms this. Steve comes off as that particular type of nerd that has to eat his spaghetti with the same fork every time or he has a tantrum. 

I come to LTT for entertainment first and knowledge second. Linus wants to flip that with labs and I love that ambition! Think about how that steps on GN's toes and how he may be looking to pick a fight. If they need to work on their process, let them do it. Support the ambition. Most people are well intentioned. Lets not support cancel culture!

52 minutes ago, ImorallySourcedElectrons said:

I've always thought of LTT as a tech top gear, you didn't watch that show for car reviews, you watched it for Clarkson shouting poooooooooooooweeeeerrrrr, Hamond crashing, and May sneaking up and making really funny but kind of wrong jokes.

How do you bring up the greatest show and not talk about the one, the only, Stig.   Rumor has it he listens to Beethoven;'s 4th Symphony as he scrolls through LTT comment sections

16 minutes ago, Gavin_j said:

I came to this forum to see what the supporters' discussion was and I'm appalled at the lack of actual support for this company and its team. I bet that if LTT just ignored GN that there would be less backlash than there is now. I'm not saying that is the right choice but I bet that the majority of LTT viewers are completely unaware of him. Yes die hard tech fans play the field but subscriber count confirms this. Steve comes off as that particular type of nerd that has to eat his spaghetti with the same fork every time or he has a tantrum. 

I come to LTT for entertainment first and knowledge second. Linus wants to flip that with labs and I love that ambition! Think about how that steps on GN's toes and how he may be looking to pick a fight. If they need to work on their process, let them do it. Support the ambition. Most people are well intentioned. Lets not support cancel culture!

i dont think Steve has much to worry about considering how many constant mistakes are made with the Labs reviews.

Jay is great for OC/XOC and custom modding, and car content if he ever gets off his lazy bum and works on that project of his again

Steve is great for actual tech reviews and comparisons 

The Aussies over at Hardware/Monitor Unbox are great for monitor reviews, everyone needs a monitor. 

LTT is great for a laugh and shenanigans.  

I'm wearing my GN shirt, underneath my LTX hoodie. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I support both of them. I haven't bought anything from either since it started, but I was unlikely to do that regardless of the situation. I am still subbed to both on YouTube and have an active floatplane sub as well and don't plan on changing any of that.

33 minutes ago, motomat86 said:

How do you bring up the greatest show and not talk about the one, the only, Stig.   Rumor has it he listens to Beethoven;'s 4th Symphony as he scrolls through LTT comment sections

Some say he secretly has a stockpile of Live, Laugh, Liao signs. And he allegedly used AI to unblur the naked Linus footage from the hacking video. But all we know is, he's called the Stig!

45 minutes ago, Gavin_j said:

But to be serious for a bit here, there's always a very vocal minority that's out to do mob justice. And GN tries to frame itself as this "independent and highly moral information source", which makes the followers feel very righteous (see /i/nsurgency and /b/ vs. Scientology as an extreme example). Throw in the fact that most people turn into complete assholes when they're anonymous (casually forgetting mods and admins can see their e-mail address that's probably firstname.lastname@something.com most likely), and you end up with the shit show we're currently seeing. Before that we had maybe ten or so folks who were constantly on here whining about LTT, but pretty much all the other complaining, whining and offensive stuff has been said by "new" accounts. And I'm also fairly certain some of the conversation chains was the same person talking to themselves given that multiple posts from different people had the same spelling mistake over and over again. Which kind of adds an extra "funny" dimension to this entire mess.

Edit: Fixed typo

17 minutes ago, motomat86 said:

i dont think Steve has much to worry about considering how many constant mistakes are made with the Labs reviews.

Jay is great for OC/XOC and custom modding, and car content if he ever gets off his lazy bum and works on that project of his again

Steve is great for actual tech reviews and comparisons 

The Aussies over at Hardware/Monitor Unbox are great for monitor reviews, everyone needs a monitor. 

LTT is great for a laugh and shenanigans.  

I appreciate your edit here. 

There are a good few useful and enjoyable tech channels. 

I don't want to step on Steve too hard because, like I said, most people are well intentioned. I only watch his channel for information though. 
He is a great go-to for that right now... for now...

LTT is getting hammered for ethics and errors right now and I feel like both will get blown way out for proportion because that's just how the beast of social media works. I want to show my support by voicing this. 

As for the ethics. None of us chatting here work there to actually see. but... I will buy an LTT shirt and eat it if anyone can prove to me that working at LMG is truly suffering. Every efficient workplace that has more than a handful of staff has its issues.  If you don't want to get asked to do something you don't like, if you don't want to get pushed, if you don't want to risk being insulted, maybe stay home. Or start your own business and see how hard it can be. 

By waiting for their next moves with cautious optimism.

This whole episode exposed the cracks that were forming in the company's rapid expansion era, which they were turning a blind eye to because "everything's fine". I hope this shows them they can grow up a bit without losing their identity. 

I'm not on Floatplane, and now I'm going to hold off on subscribing for the LTX exclusives for a bit. But I'm still subscribed on YouTube, and it's not like I can un-buy the merch I've already got. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 hours ago, Thepyrodex said:

What if they brainstorm the idea that the best way to recover their image by dealing with the process issues and investigate the Madison situation?

It's funny how suddenly it seems that LTT is at the same level of a Facebook or Theranos, focused solely on greed with no regard for ethics or the truth and deserving of zero trust. As if Linus were literally worse than Hitler and the whole company were filled with evil degenerates bent on getting one over viewers for kicks.

I'm pretty sure there are flaws in processes and human interactions, but I find it silly to assume they have all but ill intentions. Not blindly kneeling for LTT, but it seems fair to give the benefit of the doubt to a business led by a guy who, though not perfect, has typically showed common sense and a desire to do the right thing, even if that's not always achieved.

It's more of an wait and see approach for myself. It does appear that they are taking it seriously and are attempting to do the right things in order to right the ship, but actions speak louder than words, so if I had to guess most people are in the lets wait and see what happens phase. There may be some that no matter what happens they are done with Linus and LMG for good, which is understandable. Cancelling the WAN show yesterday was the right call IMHO and at least shows that fixing the house is more important than a silly streak.

In terms of support, I do it more indirectly. I try to think critically of the whole situation, not getting involved in the angry mob mentality. Offering critical but constructive feedback and so forth. I think if they can stay focused and follow through with their goal of making LMG not only a better place to work, but also focusing on releasing higher quality content that is both accurate and enjoyable, I think they can win back a good portion of the community trust...but that will require time and a lot of hard work. Will they still make mistakes along the way, sure...it's impractical to think anyone can be 100% perfect 100% of the time, but they do need to do better across the board in may aspects no questions asked.

At this point really, it's very much a wait and see...only time will tell.

2 minutes ago, kngfbng said:

It's funny how suddenly it seems that LTT is at the same level of a Facebook or Theranos, focused solely on greed with no regard for ethics or the truth and deserving of zero trust. As if Linus were literally worse than Hitler and the whole company were filled with evil degenerates bent on getting one over viewers for kicks.

I'm pretty sure there are flaws in processes and human interactions, but I find it silly to assume they have all but ill intentions. Not blindly kneeling for LTT, but it seems fair to give the benefit of the doubt to a business led by a guy who, though not perfect, has typically showed common sense and a desire to do the right thing, even if that's not always achieved.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand why you quoted me in this reply?

it’s not bad and I’m not disagreeing I just don’t see how it connects.

1 hour ago, Gavin_j said:

I appreciate your edit here. 

There are a good few useful and enjoyable tech channels. 

I don't want to step on Steve too hard because, like I said, most people are well intentioned. I only watch his channel for information though. 
He is a great go-to for that right now... for now...

LTT is getting hammered for ethics and errors right now and I feel like both will get blown way out for proportion because that's just how the beast of social media works. I want to show my support by voicing this. 

As for the ethics. None of us chatting here work there to actually see. but... I will buy an LTT shirt and eat it if anyone can prove to me that working at LMG is truly suffering. Every efficient workplace that has more than a handful of staff has its issues.  If you don't want to get asked to do something you don't like, if you don't want to get pushed, if you don't want to risk being insulted, maybe stay home. Or start your own business and see how hard it can be. 

I would agree with you on all of this,  I run a company and can safely assume there are some disgruntled former employees for sure.   What they will say, whether true or untrue, malice or not would probably be damaging from a publics eyes.  

Like you said, its easy to dogpile, and its totally coincidence  former employees want to jump on any negative drama and dogpile their own stories.    Kind of reminds me of those woman who decide 40 years later to speak up and say how naughty a certain person is because they are super famous and powerful now.  

3 hours ago, gottahavit said:

I am sad t see no WAN show this week as it's how I normally waste my saturday morning.

3 hours ago, Thepyrodex said:

11 minutes ago, kngfbng said:

7 minutes ago, Thepyrodex said:

I’m sorry, I don’t understand why you quoted me in this reply?

it’s not bad and I’m not disagreeing I just don’t see how it connects.

I was just bouncing the idea that we don't need to assume the worst about Linus/LTT and it's healthy to believe they may just address the issues as they should. People are quick to bundle the company and its individual staff as monsters driven by malice and incompetence, embracing the worst and meanest aspects of CaNcEl CuLtUrE, but, as you said, what if they understand that the best way to look good is to be good?

That's the connection, I hope I made it clear.

5 minutes ago, kngfbng said:

I was just bouncing the idea that we don't need to assume the worst about Linus/LTT and it's healthy to believe they may just address the issues as they should. People are quick to bundle the company and its individual staff as monsters driven by malice and incompetence, embracing the worst and meanest aspects of CaNcEl CuLtUrE, but, as you said, what if they understand that the best way to look good is to be good?

gotcha, thank you for actually explaining and not thinking I was being combative.  I hope you have a good day bud.

7 minutes ago, kngfbng said:

I actually made a very similar comment somewhere on here yesterday so I can say (with proof) I agree, wanna fight about how much we agree?

1 minute ago, Thepyrodex said:

I actually made a very similar comment somewhere on here yesterday so I can say (with proof) I agree, wanna fight about how much we agree?

I'm sure I agree way more than you and I have a clenched fist waiting to show your face just how much.

Water pistols at dusk?

2 minutes ago, kngfbng said:

I'm sure I agree way more than you and I have a clenched fist waiting to show your face just how much.

Water pistols at dusk?

Only if you promise we get to have fruit roll ups, winner gets 2!