Alternatives to LTT/LMG?

What are some goods alternative sources to get data about the things LTT/LMG covers? For example, I know https://www.rtings.com/ is great for things like laptop, camera, speaker, headphones, keyboard, mouse, monitor and TV reviews.

(Also mods please keep this as a separate thread since it's not directly related to the discussion of the controversy).

I solely use watch GN and HUB for tech stuff.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Tbh, would be a good idea to just google search what you're interested in + "Reddit" if you want info on something specific, but for the rest there's a lot of tech channels that might fill the gaps.

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 🤠

Depends on what you are looking for. There are interesting but single person, badly positioned microphone, single camera set-ups who are still learning their craft. But if you want LLT video production (separate from content) then your options are limited. Mrwhosetheboss, Austin Evans, Jaystwocents are fun and the Pricillas Queens of the Desert have just moved into the podcasts as well as their reviews. 

13 minutes ago, Levent said:

I solely use watch GN and HUB for tech stuff.

i'd add digital foundry to this, both HUB and DF put out good optimised settings guides that i like to use

Just now, yobson said:

i'd add digital foundry to this, both HUB and DF put out good optimised settings guides that i like to use

Oh yeah their videos are great too!

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Alternatives I also watch:

GamersNexus - PC's

Hardware Unboxed - PC's

Monitors Unboxed - Monitors & TV's

Daniel Owen - PC's

Optimum Tech - PC's & Tech

Dave 2D - PC's & Tech

Rocket Jump Ninja - Mice

HDTVTest - Monitors & TV's

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

Gamers Nexus, Paul’s Hardware, MKBHD, SuperSaf, Mrwhosetheboss, Louis Rossmann

There's many more that in subbed to as well.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

my source of 3C videos

MobileTechReview for laptops

Snazzy Labs and MKBHD for Apple Stuffs (I’m still willing to give a chance to Mac Address for this one)

Lon.TV for laptops and tablets

Geekerwan for in-depth review for SOCs, you’ll learn a lot about SOCs and the best explanation I have ever seen about why Mac laptops last longer than standard OEM ones 

GN, Level1Techs for PC hardware

I used to watch Mr Mobile until he keeps flexing that he has a foldable and keeps saying everyone should buy foldables

1 minute ago, NullPointerError said:

(I’m still willing to give a chance to Mac Address for this one)

Shoutout to Mac Address. Dude has a disproportionate quality to his work compared to the rest of LTT. Not because the others can't do as well of a job or anything, most likely cause they don't have time to polish their work to such a high standart.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

No need to watch ads and slipshod PR from some hacks. Just go to the AV department at Sears. Their sales staff will set you up with glossy pamphlets and brochures that you can lay out on the kitchen table when you get home. You put the pamphlet for product you really want on the top of the pile and hope that's the one that grabs dad's attention. He'l get that end of stock wood grain console TV that the middle aged salesman (probably named Gil) anyway, but at least you tried.

If your tastes ever include motorcycles then Fortnine has the slickest, most pun-laden presentation you might ever see on YouTube. And I think they're in BC.

2 hours ago, yobson said:

HUB hasn't actually done any settings guides for quite some time, however they're thinking about starting again as of their last Q&A video. 

1 hour ago, venomtail said:

GamersNexus - PC's

Hardware Unboxed - PC's

Daniel Owen - PC's

Dave 2D - PC's & Tech

Rocket Jump Ninja - Mice

On this list I can vouch for GamersNexus and Daniel Owen, find their content to be very insightful.

I'd like to add Digital Foundry to the list, their videos are amazingly detailed when it comes to games

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

For general 1st day review, go to VCZ. They always list almost a full list of tech viewers. Pick ones that you like.

image.png.69dbfeee0a9988c1e97186900dfa9734.png

30 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

HUB hasn't actually done any settings guides for quite some time, however they're thinking about starting again as of their last Q&A video. 

didn't realise that, i end up rewatching the RDR2 one sometimes if i have uninstalled the game and reinstall it later. they should start them up again i think

A lot of these types of channels are more or less glorified ad networks that prey on peoples' parasocial relationships. 

My advice is to stay away from channels that feed you information, and instead focus on selecting which information is important to you. 

Instead of constantly being bombarded with info about let's say TV models, use your TV until you feel like you need a new one, and then look up relevant information at that time through Google searches. 

This let's you be in control of what's shown to you, instead of letting a massive corporation decide what you should be interested in. 

It will most likely also cause you to buy less things you don't actually need, and appreciate the things you already have more since you won't constantly be told about how other things are better. 

5 hours ago, RoseLuck462 said:

Gamers Nexus, Paul’s Hardware, MKBHD, SuperSaf, Mrwhosetheboss, Louis Rossmann

There's many more that in subbed to as well.

MKBHD is like the worst of these IMO. No actual hate for him, just he shills the worst products somehow, I don't even see how it is possible. Like those Sony xm4 wireless headphones he claimed were amazing, meanwhile they perform terribly and give worse sound than products that cost a fraction of the price. Not saying others cannot enjoy his content, it just reminds me of how Apple functions. Looks first, everything else second.

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

A lot of these types of channels are more or less glorified ad networks that prey on peoples' parasocial relationships. 

My advice is to stay away from channels that feed you information, and instead focus on selecting which information is important to you. 

Instead of constantly being bombarded with info about let's say TV models, use your TV until you feel like you need a new one, and then look up relevant information at that time through Google searches. 

This let's you be in control of what's shown to you, instead of letting a massive corporation decide what you should be interested in. 

It will most likely also cause you to buy less things you don't actually need, and appreciate the things you already have more since you won't constantly be told about how other things are better. 

This is very sound advice. Another thing that's worth pointing out is that frequently PC hardware is perfectly usable many years later, even for gaming, but the media cycle makes people want to buy only new and shiny things. It's possible to get 80% of the performance for 50% the price of the newest thing, very frequently.

I like KitGuru, Hardware Canucks, HUB, GN, PCWorld, The Phawx, Taki Udon.

For PT-BR content: TecLab, Adrenaline and Chipart.

6 hours ago, venomtail said:

GamersNexus - PC's

Hardware Unboxed - PC's

Daniel Owen - PC's

Dave 2D - PC's & Tech

Rocket Jump Ninja - Mice

Glad to see some Daniel Owen and HDTVTest love in here. No frills just solid information.

I don't watch tech reviewer's. I'm too smooth brained to pay attention to whatever they're waffling about. Some of them are also difficult to listen to. Boring voices and whatever else.

Instead I read articles. Primarily from TechPowerUp and Guru3D. Go at your own pace sort of thing. Good stuff.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

4 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

I don't watch tech reviewer's. I'm too smooth brained to pay attention to whatever they're waffling about. Some of them are also difficult to listen to. Boring voices and whatever else.

Instead I read articles. Primarily from TechPowerUp and Guru3D. Go at your own pace sort of thing. Good stuff.

This, if I want data/info about something I read about it and do my own research, I watch LTT for entertainment and the bonus of learning about things that otherwise I dont care about.

For "serious" reviews, depending on the type of product: Gamers Nexus, Hardware Unboxed, KitGuru, Hardware Canucks.

More "fun"/entertainment-oriented channels with an emphasis on value and used hardware: Nerd on a Budget, OzTalksHW, Dawid Does Tech Stuff, RandomGamingInHD, Iceberg Tech.

If you are into retro/vintage hardware at all: RMC (The Cave), LGR, Tech Tangents, This Does Not Compute, Rik's Random Retro

Craft Computing is good if you're at all into homelab stuff, but his takes on other stuff aren't very good IMO. 

Gear Seekers does a lot of showcase builds and less intensive "reviews"/first look videos on cases and other parts. 

Tech YES City is fun for his used parts hunt videos (but don't get fooled into thinking you can replicate his results), and he has an unfortunate tendency to diverge into pontificating about economics and such that I find tiresome; it's like, dude, just because you can talk someone on Gumtree into giving you a deal on a GPU doesn't mean you're qualified to talk about the global financial system. 

Jay is way too arrogant and a bit of an Nvidia shill (although his response to the GN/LTT thing was good to see). Paul's Hardware has always been kind of boring to me, to be honest. Bitwit is (maybe?) winding down his channel and was (understandably) never really the same after some things in his personal life, IMO. Timmy Joe did some fun stuff that was different than what everybody else is doing but he quit YouTube. 

Unfortunately if the main thing you liked about LTT was the "crazy excessive project we want to do just to see if it will work" videos, there isn't really a great alternative, because simply nobody else has the resources and sponsorship connections to make it possible. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16