Elon Musk announces removal of Twitter bird logo, potentially by tomorrow!

9 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

It might be too many years working in accounts, but I saw the new logo and thought Excel.

Absolutely. And there is another very popular X:

image.png.28fc41fbf6bae3145ade418b7a6f3c8d.png

(it looks slightly different nowadays, but this is the classic logo).

Very Xciting huh. The most dumbest thing of all is people caring so much etc. Being so invested in these dumb social media sites..

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

The very smort person doing very smort things no one cares about. I'll never understand why people obsess over this clown. He's not a genius, he just has money to piss around and happens to have smart people who actually do shit for him.

Welp I'm never logging into that shit hole ever again.  Guess I should look into that pine phone

Lol. When seeing the X logo reminds me of mac osx rather than twiter.

While I don't like the name x...I do hope this is a push towards a paypal alternate coming...because boy does Paypal suck in terms of what they block (and how they will block accounts and completely ban people from using paypal just because they think it was associated with something like the adult industry).  [Seriously, I have a friend who asks me to make purchases for him because his PayPal got perna banned when he sent someone money and PayPal later found out it was for an adult website]

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

I'm sorry, but that logo is really just a shittier version of the X Window System logo

image.png.647504f06cf2ff2b80d804975a0d291a.png

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

Boy he must really like the letter X so here is The X

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

At this point he might as well add 2 X's and make it an OF competitor.

1 hour ago, Isuck Assimov said:

lmao, he's so incapable of doing anything right. what a massive clown 😂

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-crane-removes-twitter-sign-san-francisco-police-2023-7?r=US&IR=T

Seems like that's not entirely correct. They just drove by but concluded that it wasn't a police matter. The word "reportedly" does a lot of heavy lifting in that tweet (is it still called that?) when no source of actual reporting is attached.

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

Seems like that's not entirely correct. They just drove by but concluded that it wasn't a police matter. The word "reportedly" does a lot of heavy lifting in that tweet (is it still called that?) when no source of actual reporting is attached.

i linked the tweet, there's a lot of bystander and witness provided evidence for the claim.

Definitely much more reliable as a news source than businessinsider. People abroad didn't get the memos about Springer press and their involvement in musk' and Thiels business ventures i assume ?

edit: how do you read this:

"Given the disturbance, police halted the removal of the signage before it could be completed, the person said. The lift is now gone, the person added. The full "Twitter" name remains on one side of the sign, while the other side shows only the letters "er" remain."

and your takeaway is, nope, nothing happened, all fake news ? xD

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-crane-removes-twitter-sign-san-francisco-police-2023-7?r=US&IR=T

According to the business insider article you linked...

Given the disturbance, police halted the removal of the signage before it could be completed, the person said. The lift is now gone, the person added. The full "Twitter" name remains on one side of the sign, while the other side shows only the letters "er" remain.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

15 minutes ago, Isuck Assimov said:

i linked the tweet, there's a lot of bystander and witness provided evidence for the claim.

Definitely much more reliable as a news source than businessinsider. People abroad didn't get the memos about Springer press and their involvement in musk' and Thiels business ventures i assume ?

edit: how do you read this:

"Given the disturbance, police halted the removal of the signage before it could be completed, the person said. The lift is now gone, the person added. The full "Twitter" name remains on one side of the sign, while the other side shows only the letters "er" remain."

and your takeaway is, nope, nothing happened, all fake news ? xD

The claim that they didn't have a permit or that they required one in the first place? That's not something bystanders can provide evidence for. You're free to search for other news outlets covering this, all of them seem to say the same thing: Police arrived, decided it wasn't a police matter and guided traffic around it. Why they stopped tearing the sign down isn't a question these articles seem interested in answering, for some reason.

See, it's not up to me to read something and interpreted it however I want. I don't discredit the notion that they lacked the required permits to do it. But there's no hard evidence proving it. I'm by no means an Elon defender, my post history should make this abundantly clear. But the reporting I see around this trivial non-story is hilariously shoddy.

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

According to the business insider article you linked...

Yes, an unnamed person said that. Which directly contradicts the official statement that the police found no wrongdoing that would require their intervention.

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

43 minutes ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

Yes, an unnamed person said that. Which directly contradicts the official statement that the police found no wrongdoing that would require their intervention.

Tomato - tomato

Are the details really relevant or can we just enjoy the show? This is simply hilarious on so many levels, I don't think a permit makes a difference. 😉

image.png.60b8ec97fe8413e0bfce845b1baafa7f.png

3 hours ago, Isuck Assimov said:

lmao, he's so incapable of doing anything right. what a massive clown 😂

image.png.81c66b4f3e1d388751bd44fc994a2b5e.png

I'd give him this one it's near impossible to get permits much of anything in that city theses days. 🤷‍♂️

Additional the police dept doesn't typically enforce permits the city does and they only get involved after numous appointments of desist are issued. I don't see that here.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Police arrived, decided it wasn't a police matter and guided traffic around it.

Given the disturbance, police halted the removal of the signage before it could be completed

pick one

If they had a permit they wouldnt have been stopped by the police after blocking traffic with heavy machinery, because they would have had a permit to operate that heavy machinery on the street, blocking traffic for a couple hours.

Probably residents called the cops after being blocked and the SFPD after checking for the legality of the situation had to stop the ongoing work due to lack of permit.

The only thing we know for sure is Twitter started taking down the letters, effectively blocking traffic, police showed up, the ongoing work stopped. Doesnt seem that convoluted tbh.