What was the last LEGAL thing you torrented?

This is wrong. When you paid for those movies you agreed that that's how you plan on watching them. It's not the creators fault that you bought them on disc and now regret the purchase.

If I buy a brand new laptop, and then a week's later a new one comes out does that to be me the right to go steal the better one because I believe that I have the right to use something the way I want?

But there is the disconnect. This is digital media. Not a physical product. Demanding a new laptop is different because a new laptop is in essence newer and possibly completely different (specs and branding possibly). Whereas digital media... The copy of the digital media stored on a CD is what I own. When i watch a movie the files stay the same and doesn't degrade in any way compared to a physical laptop.

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

uh.. it kind of is.

Even more perks to it depending on what client you use, most have a lot of detailed features and I don't think browsers support interruptable downloading. 

I could just reverse your point and ask you why you would download it from a server versus a torrent. Whatever you reply with, I can refute it with your previous statement. 

Some do, like firefox, but the downloading system in it is far inferior to a torrenting system, still.

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

Down with that sort of thing.

Hey man, his call not mine. I guess when you've a community full of people who do that, I guess it guess frustrating. Personally I'd just walk away

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Have never used bittorrent before, for anything legal or illegal.

Utorrent is where its at xD For legal and illegal.

Though since I'm mostly in international waters, nothing I download can be deemed illegal.

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

It's more sophisticated than that. Doesn't work even if you match the file length.

It most likely checks a variety of things, but I'm guessing it identifies the songs via the actual audio waveforms themselves.

Yepp, I found an article saying that iTunes match takes an 'audio snapshot' and compares it against the database of music in their store. So Play Music will probably work the same way.

google play music is awesome, I use google play music to backup/stream my music, spotify for my phone and itunes match for my itunes library

I guess it works a bit like shazam and how that identifys music?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have no idea what you're talking about - everything I download via bittorrent is legal...

>.>

<.<

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

Have never used bittorrent before, for anything legal or illegal.

Utorrent is where its at xD For legal and illegal.

Though since I'm mostly in international waters, nothing I download can be deemed illegal.

I expected a comical post from you, especially in THIS thread.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I guess it works a bit like shazam and how that identifys music?

Yepp, I believe so.

Sometimes I use the torrent to get Tool Assisted Speedrun videos from tasvideos.org when the direct mirror doesn't work so well... which is rare.

Direct mirror is usually the least fussy, don't have to fiddle with torrent before and after the download.

Few years ago as school was comming to an end, we collected all pictures and had the only guy with fiber seed it. Really handy way to gather tons of photos collected from about 30 people over 3 years.

Does Ultimate Boot CD Count as an operating system?

Does Ultimate Boot CD Count as an operating system?

Hmm, I think it's more a recovery/diagnostics tool for use with an operating system.

Windows 7 Home Premium. I lost my key :(

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Custom Android OS (ROM) for my phone

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

well where i live file sharing is a grey area

sooo its will be a movie staring Samuel L Jackson (forgot name)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Windows 7 Home Premium. I lost my key :(

just call microsoft and say you have changed mobo and hard drive and that your key doesnt work, they would give you a new one for free :D

i did that with my pirate copy, and it worked

(bear in mind this was when windows xp was considered "new" lol :P

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Just figured out test drive unlimited 2 and also firefall both use a torrent system for patching.  so there's two more legal torrenting activities I am engaging in.

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

Unlicensed anime is legal, as far as I know?

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

Unlicensed anime is legal, as far as I know?

No. US laws are pretty dang strict.

The Steal this film about piratebay thingy, and linuxz distros

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

No. US laws are pretty dang strict.

Oh. Good to know. Then I will have to say Star Citizen. It's P2P so that's basically the same thing.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.