What was the last LEGAL thing you torrented?

Edit: I'm pretty sure if you took some dummy MP3 files, and renamed their ID tags to exactly match that of an album on Google Music. And then set the client to upload it, it would just make the album available to you. I'm actually gonna try this, just out of pure curiosity ofc.

I was literally thinking that exact thing as I read your post, then I hit like and refresh to find you edited it in.

I'm thinking it may look to see if the track lengths are roughly in order, but maybe not, lemme know dat result. :D

I was literally thinking that exact thing as I read your post, then I hit like and refresh to find you edited it in.

I'm thinking it may look to see if the track lengths are roughly in order, but maybe not, lemme know dat result. :D

It's more sophisticated than that. Doesn't work even if you match the file length.

It most likely checks a variety of things, but I'm guessing it identifies the songs via the actual audio waveforms themselves.

Yepp, I found an article saying that iTunes match takes an 'audio snapshot' and compares it against the database of music in their store. So Play Music will probably work the same way.

BitTorrent Sync yo

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

90% of distros + black mesa

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

A Windows 7 Ultimate ISO. I needed the ISO to setup a couple VM's for an assignment.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Lost Alpha but it drove me to madness, it was full of weird bugs and glitches then uninstalled it :lol:

There is legal torrents?

There are.

Was saying kind of as a joke. :P

So was I, because you said 'there is' instead of 'there are'. :lol:

i just love seeding linux distros feels right ;)

Ubuntu 14.04

Ubuntu 13.10

Ubuntu 12.10

Kali 1.2

PC Editing / Gaming Rig Specs : i7-3930k @ 4ghz w/ Hyper 212 Evo | 840 Evo 250gb and Seagate 1TB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Zotac GTX 780 | Corsair Vengeance C70 Green | OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Win10 #KilledMyWife #MakeBombs

last legit thing i torrented was Wikipedia. 8NLSQ.png

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

notepad notes, everytime.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Are TV series legal via torrent? That's the only thing i torrent

Death to piracy!!!111One!1one1!!!. I am a law-abiding citizen :ph34r:

I watched a movie about law abiding citizen once. It didn't end up well.

@OP

Valley Benchmark

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

last legit thing i torrented was Wikipedia. 8NLSQ.png

Is it really that small or are you missing something?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I torrent, and then later when I have money, I buy.

FTL, Game Dev Tycoon, all torrented, then purchased.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

Nah wikipedia is ~50 gigs.

For an encyclopedia such as Wikipedia, that's tiny.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

World of Warcraft version 1.12.1, if that counts as legal.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

well, I try it via torrent, and if I like it, I buy it. If I don't like it, I don't ever use it

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Um...

ditto

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Last legit not linux thing would have been NetBSD.

Torrent lots of Linux distros, as it is almost always quicker with torrent than a direct download, and helps the cause to seed them.

Also have torrented legit freeware/FOSS before. IIRC Openoffice and Gimp have torrents out there.

Might not be as strait as it could be, but have also torrented the .iso for Vista to install using the key on the bottom of my IBM in the last little bit. The key is legal, so I see no issue with torrenting the media to use the key. (not sure of the legality).

Edit: I have also torrented games and programs before to test before I buy them. For example, I see no issue with Test driving a new OS, or a new office program or a new game first. No different from a car. You would not buy a car sight unseen would you? Never used a torrented program for long before deciding to buy or not before. Most often less than 4 hours is necessary to decide.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

I don't really torrent. Actually we were torrenting random files to each other over the network to fuck our internet connection because our friend was going on a lag-switch spree on Darksouls, because people kept doing it to him and he was sick of it

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I don't really torrent. Actually we were torrenting random files to each other over the network to fuck our internet connection because our friend was going on a lag-switch spree on Darksouls, because people kept doing it to him and he was sick of it

Down with that sort of thing.