Quitting PC gaming due to not being able to get a newest gen GPU - what??

Real_Smoky
On 1/16/2023 at 8:02 PM, igormp said:

The whole pc master race thing seems to be more about bragging about their hardware online or masturbating to overblown reflections on water rather than actually enjoying stuff.

Tbh, I used to play way more games when I had no money and an old rig, whereas today my fancy hardware is mostly mean for studies or some silly casual games once every week or so.

Exactly, there almost no difference visually at a certain point. Like at 4k to 8k. It looks exactly the same to me. 

16 hours ago, thelilmigit said:

Exactly, there almost no difference visually at a certain point. Like at 4k to 8k. It looks exactly the same to me. 

Resolution depends on the size of the screen and distance.  I can assure you at 48 inches sitting 35-38 inches away I would be able to tell the difference.  The sweet spot for 4k is about 32 inches, 1440p for 27 and under 24 inches 1080p is fine.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

On 1/16/2023 at 3:45 AM, Real_Smoky said:

Playing the latest 3 AC games at 45-50ish FPS was fantastic, as well. Not quite 60FPS, but you get used to it quickly.

Well, anyhow, did you quit PC gaming due to the GPU shortage/prices or do you know anyone who did?

I almost had to quit PC gaming because my 980 failed during the GPU shortage. I didn't want to wait so I had to purchase an overpriced GTX 1080ti 11gb Founders edition that was renewed. I have a 144hz monitor and I prefer having over 60fps because I mostly play FPS and other games that give me an advantage for having more frames.

On 1/26/2023 at 9:51 AM, ewitte said:

Resolution depends on the size of the screen and distance.  I can assure you at 48 inches sitting 35-38 inches away I would be able to tell the difference.  The sweet spot for 4k is about 32 inches, 1440p for 27 and under 24 inches 1080p is fine.

this sounds like an audio file answer people have different eye sights, hearing, feel and taste... 

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

A lot of people just want the latest and greatest for the heck of it, to try to impress people they don’t even know.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

When I built my PC in 2021 I couldn't get a GPU, so I got an AMD APU and all the games I wanted to play, including the one I basically built the thing for, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, ran absolutely fine. Even Star Wars Squadrons looks fantastic.

On 1/28/2023 at 5:21 AM, RoseLuck462 said:

A lot of people just want the latest and greatest for the heck of it, to try to impress people they don’t even know.

Doesn't have much to do with anyone else I love tweaking and making things go faster.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

Simplest answer to "Quitting PC gaming due to not being able to get a newest gen GPU - what??" is run away consumerism. If you don't have the latest and greatest, then you are old news and last place. 

People have lost the understanding of how to value things.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I was talking to this dude (yes TO because it was like talking to a brick wall) who was complaining about nvidias high prices; I suggested he should probably encourage the competition himself by buying and amd or intel card, the he bitched and moaned that "durrhurrdidurr i only want the highest performance possible" - for what? A video setting that barely does anything and cuts your performance in half?? Dude, you have no idea what cards are capable of or what being smart about your video settings can do. I am just amazed at how well my card handles 1440p165hz

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU