Obama's approval rating drops to 41%

TopWargamer

When it comes to politics, people's memories last about 6 months :P

And I applaud him for extending health care to the less fortunate. The ability to access critical health cares services regardless of your wealth should be a basic human right.

health care now costs more for the less fortunate than ever before actually.

@LinusTech should run for persediant. :D

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

i'm so surprised 

Let's all remember that the future of a country does not ultimately rest on the shoulders of just a single person, nor just on the shoulders of politicans in general.

Also, keep in mind just how fundamentally broken the U.S. political system is.

Out b4 the hate starts.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Number one I dont support the government and number 2 I especially dont support obama

No offence to anyone, but the republicans will never win as long as they have so much inter party dissent. They are too fragmented with fringe tea partiers like Palin pulling the entire GOP apart in different directions. They focus so much on cutting taxes and government, but fail to include the poor, middle class, minorities and people of color into their ranks. They will not be contenders this cycle either. It will probably be Hillary. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/post-abc-news-poll-shows-democrats-at-risk-in-november-as-obamas-approval-rating-falls/2014/04/28/2a448b04-cf07-11e3-b812-0c92213941f4_story.html

These numbers don't surprise me in the least bit, but they're still horrible none the less. Pardon my enthusiasm, but as a Republican myself, I must say, I'm happy that we have a chance in the 2016 election, and it's one darn good chance too. 

They have good reason to be underwhelmed with the whole Russia/Ukraine mess, but ask them what they want to happen and I doubt many of them would want the US to intervene directly.  

As for healthcare, conservatives can go suck a lemon.  They deserve that bitter aftertaste for how they behaved themselves.  You needed a super majority to get some sort of reform passed because conservatives did not want to change the status quo.  We spend more per capita, while also covering a smaller percentage of the population, THAT was the standard, and all these numbskulls could do was scream about big government, or government takeover.  Not an argument over substance, an argument over dogma, they did not bother going into the nitty gritty as to WHY this particular intervention was sloppy and ill conceived, too many ONLY needed to know that government was involved.  

I listen to talk radio all the time, and I heard them squeal with glee at the website troubles, actively discourage people from trying to sign up on the exchanges, and lie about what was actually happening.  They spend 99% of their time with a laser focus on people who have increased health insurance rates, or had to alter their coverage, and almost no time on all the additional people who have healthcare, or can more easily afford what they have because of those "government subsidies"

Don't like government subsidies?  Too god damned bad, we don't live in some randian/andrew ryan paradise, people who send their kids to private school still have some taxes taken out that they do not benefit from that goes to public education.  Should we stop subsidizing public education?  If your parents don't make enough to cover the expenses of their kids as students, should we kick them out of school and not pay anything for them?  No, well guess what, that is SOCIALIZED education, there is a baseline level of education the society agrees to cover, even if your parents don't pay in enough in taxes.  

The hubris of conservatives over healthcare in this country is obscene, the the same or worse results in health outcomes as other nations, while spending almost double what other nations spend per capita, while NOT covering everyone like other nations are much better at, and they DARE spit that BILE about government involvement.

How about stopping the religious devotion to some ideal that is FAILING, and taking a look at how we handle our healthcare.  That does not mean that what the democrats proposed was some panacea, but at least they took an honest crack at it.  Republicans did not even CARE.  Screw them.  

I'm sorry, was that too hostile?  It's not personal, just what I feel.  I've voted for both republicans and democrats, dislike democrats and the environmentalists in their dealings with energy production and use, but on healthcare, they are not the ones behaving like idea sapped losers.  And talk radio?  Boy are they downplaying/ignoring the fact that obamacare surpassed its numbers, even if the mix of younger to older is not exactly as they hoped.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

A lot of people I know are having to pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars more for their health insurance, or they had it completely dropped by the company. Obamacare is a terrible idea along with the NSA spying BS.

In a country of 300 million, a lot of people is an easy bar to reach.  Hypothetical for you.

These are not real numbers, just using some as an example of a point.

25% of healthcare purchasers have higher premiums after obamacare

35% of healthcare purchasers have lower premiums after obamacare

30% of the population that was previously uninsured now has some form of insurance

Now, any HONEST person, would take in all of those data points and think to themselves, on net, this reform created a positive change on balance.

The conservatives, too many that I listen to all the time, IGNORE the second and third and ONLY focus on the first.  As if that is the only metric by which the reform ought to be judged.  This is beyond ridiculous, and it should be embarrassing to anyone with a brain.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

No offence to anyone, but the republicans will never win as long as they have so much inter party dissent. They are too fragmented with fringe tea partiers like Palin pulling the entire GOP apart in different directions. They focus so much on cutting taxes and government, but fail to include the poor, middle class, minorities and people of color into their ranks. They will not be contenders this cycle either. It will probably be Hillary. 

I don't know if there are many similarities in overall politics between Australia and the USA, however here about 30% will always vote left, 30% will always vote right and 40% swing,  I thought at the election before last the Labour party were done for becasue they were spiting at the seems with internal dispute and fighting for leadership.  But somehow they managed to get enough votes and private deals to control parliament, thus  proving people decide their vote based on what they see in the media.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

In a country of 300 million, a lot of people is an easy bar to reach.  Hypothetical for you.

These are not real numbers, just using some as an example of a point.

25% of healthcare purchasers have higher premiums after obamacare

35% of healthcare purchasers have lower premiums after obamacare

30% of the population that was previously uninsured now has some form of insurance

Now, any HONEST person, would take in all of those data points and think to themselves, on net, this reform created a positive change on balance.

The conservatives, too many that I listen to all the time, IGNORE the second and third and ONLY focus on the first.  As if that is the only metric by which the reform ought to be judged.  This is beyond ridiculous, and it should be embarrassing to anyone with a brain.

The problem with that third point is Obama is account for Medicaid recipients which are YEARLY signups. They HAVE to do that anyways. It's a biased point of data that is still wrong. I'd also like to know where you're getting this information because I've not encountered a single person that has a lower premium after the induction of Obamacare.

The problem with that third point is Obama is account for Medicaid recipients which are YEARLY signups. They HAVE to do that anyways. It's a biased point of data that is still wrong. I'd also like to know where you're getting this information because I've not encountered a single person that has a lower premium after the induction of Obamacare.

A large chunk of people that get some form of subsidy will get lower premiums.  Now many of them may not have been in the health insurance market to begin with, so to some conservatives "they don't count"

If you are middle to upper middle class and higher, where your employers more often than not have higher tier plans that get taxed more, then perhaps your circle is part of the cohort that is paying more.  Let's just stop pretending that who you see and know represents the bulk of a nation.  We won't know how the relative average premium costs will shake out for another year or so.  And even if they do rise, relative to what?  Healthcare costs and premiums have been rising faster than inflation for YEARS, the ONLY time we hear conservatives bitch about such a thing is after obamacare passed.  If the rise is lower than it normally rises on a year over year basis, but still goes higher and does not stay stable or fall, conservatives will bitch about that too and blame obamacare for the increases.  We sure as hell won't hear them attribute the slowdown in healthcare cost growth to obamacare, they are too dishonest and mentally bankrupt for that to happen.

Except he's Canadian...

We will find a way to make him presedent. :D It could work! I mean, Obama was not born in the USA for all we know.

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

Except he was,(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/President_Barack_Obama's_long_form_birth_certificate.jpg) and the only one who believed he didn't was that idiot Donald Trump.

Except the one officially posted on the White House site is sourced from...a messageboard of a site that "debunks" myths and theories.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate.pdf

Take a look at that URL, it's official. Now take a look at the bottom left of the pdf. They literally printed out a forum post and scanned it lol.

It's hilarious that it's been so long and they still haven't reuploaded a version without that. People will believe anything.

Now I believe the President is a US citizen, but I don't believe he is who he says he is.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

We still have a good amount of time until the election cycle begins again, and two and a half more years until the president is elected. A lot can change in that time, we'll just have to wait and see.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

It's historically typical. Many presidents start of with high approval ratings then see those ratings drop through the floor. Maybe he can pull a public relations coup and boost his ratings to previous levels. Speaking for myself I'll wait and see.

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/post-abc-news-poll-shows-democrats-at-risk-in-november-as-obamas-approval-rating-falls/2014/04/28/2a448b04-cf07-11e3-b812-0c92213941f4_story.html

These numbers don't surprise me in the least bit, but they're still horrible none the less. Pardon my enthusiasm, but as a Republican myself, I must say, I'm happy that we have a chance in the 2016 election, and it's one darn good chance too.

I really, really hope you're not referring to Christie, because there's no way he'll win lmao

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I really, really hope you're not referring to Christie, because there's no way he'll win lmao

Was just talking in general.

COMIC SANS

he doesn't really need to care since it's his second term

I was under the impression all the presidents do the unpopular things they want to do if they receive a second term.

inb4 "tech enthusiasts" and children try to politics

also, popularity != success

So, you can voice your opinion and have it be valid but others can't? How arrogant.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

So, you can voice your opinion and have it be valid but others can't? How arrogant.

Yes, that's exactly how I feel.

Everyone should shut up and yield to my opinion only. It's nice to see someone that finally gets it. 

helping4dictator2016 

Error: 410