Obama's approval rating drops to 41%

TopWargamer

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/post-abc-news-poll-shows-democrats-at-risk-in-november-as-obamas-approval-rating-falls/2014/04/28/2a448b04-cf07-11e3-b812-0c92213941f4_story.html

Obama’s approval rating fell to 41 percent, down from 46 percent through the first three months of the year and the lowest of his presidency in Post-ABC News polls. Just 42 percent approve of his handling of the economy, 37 percent approve of how he is handling the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and 34 percent approve of his handling of the situation involving Ukraine and Russia.

These numbers don't surprise me in the least bit, but they're still horrible none the less. Pardon my enthusiasm, but as a Republican myself, I must say, I'm happy that we have a chance in the 2016 election, and it's one darn good chance too. 

COMIC SANS

It was never very high.

He cheated in an election anyways.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

he doesn't really need to care since it's his second term

I was under the impression all the presidents do the unpopular things they want to do if they receive a second term. 

inb4 "tech enthusiasts" and children try to politics 

also, popularity != success

Error: 410

Every US president is going to get ripped on till the end of time. Its easy to blame all the countries problems foreign and domestic on one person.

On tablet will type more when I get home.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I was under the impression all the presidents do the unpopular things they want to do if they receive a second term. 

They do. They all do. Shame though.

:/

COMIC SANS

I'm kind of surprised that the Republicans, particularly the 2nd amendment we-need-guns-for-the-revolution types aren't all over him for his lack of action over the NSA. But then I remember the Republicans took the same stance he did so let's not pretend any of them have principles.

Funny how allowing citizens to have healthcare is "too much government", but actually monitoring your communications is all good.

I'm kind of surprised that the Republicans, particularly the 2nd amendment we-need-guns-for-the-revolution types aren't all over him for his lack of action over the NSA. But then I remember the Republicans took the same stance he did so let's not pretend any of them have principles.

Funny how allowing citizens to have healthcare is "too much government", but actually monitoring your communications is all good.

I would disagree with your last sentence. The reason you hear so much about the healthcare debate is because one side of the isle is for it and the other side against. However I do not think this is the truth for the NSA situation, the people do not approve of it but both sides of the isle seem to not care in the least.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I have a feeling this thread will be locked...

I would disagree with your last sentence. The reason you hear so much about the healthcare debate is because one side of the isle is for it and the other side against. However I do not think this is the truth for the NSA situation, the people do not approve of it but both sides of the isle seem to not care in the least.

That's kind of what I said. The Republican indifference of the encroachment of the state on civil liberties, compared with their vitriol when it comes to poor people and middle class people with pre-existing health problems not being made bankrupt is both nonsensical and utterly hypocritical.

The Democrats' indifference is disappointing, but not altogether surprising.

That's kind of what I said. The Republican indifference of the encroachment of the state on civil liberties, compared with their vitriol when it comes to poor people and middle class people with pre-existing health problems not being made bankrupt is both nonsensical and utterly hypocritical.

The Democrats' indifference is disappointing, but not altogether surprising.

Ok, I see what you are saying, and agree with you. Both sides are only for civil rights when it benefits them, and unfortunately having more information on the population benefits them more than protecting the civil rights of the people. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Republicans and Democrats are the same party with different methods to achieve the same goals.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Republicans and Democrats are the same party with different methods to achieve the same goals.

Pretty much. It's the illusion of opposition to allow people to vent in a way that doesn't change too much.

Yay two party systems -_-

To bad people did not see him for what he is the first 4 years of his term. Now its just to late and the damage is already done.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

No, not really, but maybe depending on how vague the goal is. If you just mean both (ideally) want prosperity for their people, yeah I'd agree, but both have totally different ideas of the ideal government.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

No, not really, but maybe depending on how vague the goal is. If you just mean both (ideally) want prosperity for their people, yeah I'd agree, but both have totally different ideas of the ideal government.

Neither want prosperity for the people. They want power over people. They talk a big talk, but when you look at their actions, they are mostly the same. For example the "gay supporting" President hasn't asked Congress to do anything regarding gay marriage. He allowed gay people to go die to fill his pockets and for some reason people think that's a good thing. And the whole "Obamacare" was originally "Romneycare", etc.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

he doesn't really need to care since it's his second term

inb4 "tech enthusiasts" and children try to politics 

also, popularity != success

more like his first presidency had a very low approval rating as well. he was never a good president, and never really did anything worthwhile.

Well you have to remember the healthcare decision directly affects almost every American, while if you asked random people on the street if they thought the government was spying on them before the NSA information came out, they would have said yes and then wouldn't have cared as long as it doesn't change their daily life.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

To bad people did not see him for what he is the first 4 years of his term. Now its just to late and the damage is already done.

When it comes to politics, people's memories last about 6 months :P

And I applaud him for extending health care to the less fortunate. The ability to access critical health cares services regardless of your wealth should be a basic human right.

As someone that doesn't care for parties, I really don't want a Republican in office either. Neither group will actually get anything productive and POSITIVE done while they're in office. It'll just be more bickering because "Oh, you're in the other party? Well you know what. Fuck you, I'm not supporting ANY of your ideas." It's mindless babbling that does nothing.

Well you have to remember the healthcare decision directly affects almost every American, while if you asked random people on the street if they thought the government was spying on them before the NSA information came out, they would have said yes and then wouldn't have cared as long as it doesn't change their daily life.

How does it directly affect every American? It slightly alters where tax goes. What do you think pays for the NSA to spy on you? If I had to pick one or the other I HAVE A PRETTY DECENT IDEA WHICH I'D GO FOR.

How does it directly affect every American? It slightly alters where tax goes. What do you think pays for the NSA to spy on you? If I had to pick one or the other I HAVE A PRETTY DECENT IDEA WHICH I'D GO FOR.

It's get Obamacare or pay 1% extra tax on your income...

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

A lot of people I know are having to pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars more for their health insurance, or they had it completely dropped by the company. Obamacare is a terrible idea along with the NSA spying BS.

It's all the same stuff. We get another guy in office who's going to make empty promises and we're going to continue to be the good sheeple that we are and pick between a douche and a turd sandwich.