Starbucks accessories for Samsung

williamcll
Go to solution Solved by Arika,

This is some peak consumerism bullshit.

unknown.png

Starbucks Korea has teamed up with Samsung to create a variety of starbucks themed accessories for their latest galaxy S phones and earbuds. It does cost a premium though.

Quotes

Seattle-based coffee giant Starbucks has partnered with Samsung to launch a new range of cases for the latter’s smartphones and TWS earbuds. The lineup includes cases for Samsung’s flagship Galaxy S22 series, the Galaxy Buds Pro, Galaxy Buds 2, and the Galaxy Buds Live. The unique Starbucks-branded cases will go on sale in Samsung’s home market of South Korea starting tomorrow, June 28, via Starbucks’ Naver store and the Starbucks app. The Samsung X Starbucks case collection includes two cases for the Galaxy S22 Ultra, one each for the Galaxy S22 Plus and the Galaxy S22, and two for the wireless earbuds. The Galaxy S22 Ultra cases are based on Samsung’s official Silicone Cover with Strap and come in two color/design options — a light green case with a Starbucks badge on a striped strap and a dark green case with a Starbucks receipt printed on a white strap.

Starbucks-x-Samsung-cases-3.jpg

All of the aforementioned Starbucks x Samsung cases are made using eco-friendly materials, and they will be available in limited quantities through Starbucks’ app and the Naver store starting June 28. At the moment, we’re not sure if Starbucks or Samsung plan to launch the cases in other markets. We’ll make sure to let you know as soon as we have more information.

My thoughts

At least it's still cheaper than apples' featureless covers. Hope this gets an international release for other phone models as well.

Sources

https://www.xda-developers.com/starbucks-samsung-cases-galaxy-smartphones-earbuds/

https://brand.naver.com/starbucks/shoppingstory/detail?id=2002806942&page=1

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Don't like Starbucks as a brand or its coffees, but would love to get the peppermint green one with the strap if I had an S22.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Do they have a Pumpkin Spice Case?

On 6/27/2022 at 12:22 PM, williamcll said:

It does cost a premium though.

I dont doubt it. :old-laugh:

One more product no one asked for. 🙄

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

The peppermint green case does look pretty. Too bad it's on a Samsung :old-tongue:

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

7 hours ago, xtroria said:

I'll never get people who spend money just to be an advertisement for product they bought

I don't get people who glorify logos

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Soo... paying premium to help advertise their logo, I guess.
That's some next level volunteering.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

12 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

I don't get people who glorify logos

I don't think anyone is necessarily glorifying logos. Someone might just like the design of a logo or a brand. Nothing wrong with that.

I for example bought a metal Coca Cola sign from the 90s and put in my garage. Reminds me of the times back then and looks pretty nice and I like Coke.

It's genuinely scary how pretentious Korean people actually are. All these Asian countries are supposed to be vastly superior when it comes to intelligence and yet all of them are obsessed with Apple just because owning Apple is a sign of luxury in their culture. It's truly fascinating that the more humanity evolves technologically the more it devolves genetically.

not sure what 15 min late has to do with this, but yeah that's just sad

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

53 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

It's genuinely scary how pretentious Korean people actually are. All these Asian countries are supposed to be vastly superior when it comes to intelligence and yet all of them are obsessed with Apple just because owning Apple is a sign of luxury in their culture. It's truly fascinating that the more humanity evolves technologically the more it devolves genetically.

IDK if calling a whole country pretentious because a company offers a stupid product makes sense, and more importantly, this supposes that behavior is particularly in korea. I see this as an American stereotype. We literally spend bookoos of money buying clothing brands where the entire design is the company logo. We're paying to be walking billboards. And apple phones actually have a higher market share in the US than in Korea.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Haha, the one with the receipt strap is a nice touch. Cute. I'd get it if I had one of the supported phones. 

7 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Generalizing an entire race of people is a pretty stupid thing to do. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Where I live. Starbucks is almost non-existent.

There are at most 60 stores, of which 90% is located at either a train station, airport, or transit hub. with the remaining stores, being in major cities [shopping center], The only people inside are hipsters, as 99% of the people wanting coffee rather goes to the Café next doors, where the price is at least 50% of what starbucks charges, and they get what they want, a normal Coffee, without any kind of Syrups.

Personally I don't like starbucks coffee, Their coffee doesn't taste well [Unless you add a load of syrups. and sugar], not forgetting at the price they charge, with 2 cups a day, I buy a super-automatic coffee maker and drink over 5 cups a day, for the exact same price.

--------

It will be very expensive, and I expect starbucks to charge a hefty Premium on top of a already expensive case/products.

The only ones profiting is starbucks, the franchises, will barely get any "profit" out of these cases/products, if they sell them in the stores as well online.

The only product that would be  Fun to have would be the Coffee mug galaxy pods case, but then without the starbucks logo plastered on it

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝