Energy drinks are dangerous for your health.

BloodWithIce

Everybody knows it already, but today I experienced it myself and will never drink energy drinks again.
I had a 10 hour shift at work and I decided to drink a well known energy drink as I always did when I had very long shifts. 
After 20-30 minutes, I started feeling really weak and couldn't stand still. I thought I was about to pass out, but fortunately my co-worker noticed that I wasn't feeling well and helped me out. I had that sensation for 10 minutes or so and then I got back on my feet and kept working until the end of my shift. 
I am pretty sure it was caused by the drink since it's the only thing I ate after a sandwich. I found similar cases online and I decided not to drink this kind of stuff anymore.
So why am I telling you this? I know many of you probably drink energy drinks before a gaming session and I just wanted to share my experience and bring awareness to this topic.
I hope I convinced someone to stop drinking energy drinks as I did. 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Fear, stress, apprehension, anxiety and hypoglycemia from not eating for a while all do the same thing. Same thing happens to people about to get a needle. It could be the energy drink too. But a standard can of Redbull (8 oz.) contains under 100 mg of caffeine. Which, depending on your type, contains less caffeine than an 8 0z cup of joe. The point is..everything in moderation. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

The first time I tried a 5 Hour Energy I was out of work for 3 days. I had a pretty steady intake of energy drinks but nothing seemed to pep me up anymore. The shot warns to only take half if you feel uneasy about it, but I was downing ~4 big cans of Sobe a day so I took the entire shot one morning. Maybe 3 minutes later it felt like someone had hit me in chest with a sledgehammer and then set it on fire. Not long after that I was throwing up, 3 times total. I had already made the decision to leave work, but while driving home I experienced tunnel vision - a condition not exactly pleasant to drive under. I could see things in a small circle in the center of my vision, maybe the size of your fist or so when outstretched in front of you. I thankfully made it home safe and tried to sleep it off. My heart was pounding quicker than anything else I'd experienced, and I was unable to sleep at all. I spent the next day with the same effects on my heart, and the day after that trying to purge my system of everything and catch up on lost sleep.

That was 8 years ago and I haven't had any energy drink, soda, coffee, or anything with caffeine in it since then.

The first time I tried a 5 Hour Energy I was out of work for 3 days. I had a pretty steady intake of energy drinks but nothing seemed to pep me up anymore. The shot warns to only take half if you feel uneasy about it, but I was downing ~4 big cans of Sobe a day so I took the entire shot one morning. Maybe 3 minutes later it felt like someone had hit me in chest with a sledgehammer and then set it on fire. Not long after that I was throwing up, 3 times total. I had already made the decision to leave work, but while driving home I experienced tunnel vision - a condition not exactly pleasant to drive under. I could see things in a small circle in the center of my vision, maybe the size of your fist or so when outstretched in front of you. I thankfully made it home safe and tried to sleep it off. My heart was pounding quicker than anything else I'd experienced, and I was unable to sleep at all. I spent the next day with the same effects on my heart, and the day after that trying to purge my system of everything and catch up on lost sleep.

That was 8 years ago and I haven't had any energy drink, soda, coffee, or anything with caffeine in it since then.

I had similar symptoms, but way lighter. And that comes from drinking them almost every weekend.  

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:

Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them.

1196296456680.jpg

You must have had some low tier brew. A well brewed coffee is freaking glorious. In contast, I've had energy drinks before that tasted like distilled gym socks, one of the most disgusting things I've ever drunken.

If you really need a cheap fix of energy, Code Red Mountain Dew is it. That stuff got me through so many night shifts.

I'm fairly certain energy drinks will kill you. I refuse to drink them.

Well I am waiting for this to happen and I drink quite a lot.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

There was some studies with professional dirt bike riders, a few had kidney failure because it takes something like 4 gallons of water to wash the stuff in them out of your system.

Some have like 2000% of your daily vitamins in them, I can't imagine it's very good for you lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

It's not the taste of coffee persay, but the way your mouth feels afterwards and what happens to your breath.  I like coffee fine, but I don't want mud-mouth for the rest of the day after a 7am coffee.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I only use red bull for jager bombs, but other than that I don't ever drink them.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

1196296456680.jpg

You must have had some low tier brew. A well brewed coffee is freaking glorious. In contast, I've had energy drinks before that tasted like distilled gym socks, one of the most disgusting things I've ever drunken.

If you really need a cheap fix of energy, Code Red Mountain Dew is it. That stuff got me through so many night shifts.

This is the greatest post of all time.  Thank you.

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)

I only tried redbull once. It was in the morning, before school, so my stomach was pretty much almost empty. I have never paid so much attention to a class before. I didn't feel like the shit I always feel in my hours of school. And I didn't have any problems at all. But I've always thought it wasn't so good for me, so I'll never drink it again. Thanks for sharing your experiences...

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

Omg, god Linus replied :3 But anyway, no energy drinks for me ever again. 

COOLING:

I agree with author of this post. In the past I used to drink them too & after drinking them I felt my heart was oppressed. I stopped drinking them. These drinks should be banned everywhere.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

You seem to have some sort of built in energy drink though...

I'm fairly certain a single drop of your blood into a lake of water would be enough to energize a small family of elephants.

I've had an 11:30pm - 6am shift, 5 days a weeks for the last 4 years and have never felt the need for an energy drink. I might have a coffee every now and again but I didn't feel the need for caffeine, just liked the taste. A snack every couple of hours gave me enough energy to even go to the gym after a shift.

Energy drinks are seriously unhealthy and not good for you. I remember reading about a woman who drank 20 cans of red bull a day, she lost a butt ton of weight and has got serious health issues now.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

I've been drinking those Java Monster Coffee energydrinkmabobbers literally EVERY DAY for the past three years.

I'm addicted to them but recently just gotten sick of them, moreover the Irish Blend flavor.

I can guarantee you that I've dropped $2 per day on those for the morning, because I get withdrawals if I don't have my fair share (one single can); I get intense headaches if I don't drink coffee for more than a day or two, and I've bought those cans because they are quick and pretty good.

I'm 100% sure I've spent $2k+ on those the last few years combined.. I'm really trying to stop but what can I say, the last one I had was this morning.. thought I'd need one because I worked a double shift.

There are days where I felt queasy and weird while drinking them and I stopped a week or two after I read that story about how a guy found a dead rat in the can or something like that but I seriously can't bring myself to stop baha.

I need an alternative.. I just CAN'T drink hot coffee; it must be cold.

I'm hoping I live until I'm at least 60.

Hands are perfect cupholders.

I've been drinking those Java Monster Coffee energydrinkmabobbers literally EVERY DAY for the past three years.

I'm addicted to them but recently just gotten sick of them, moreover the Irish Blend flavor.

I can guarantee you that I've dropped $2 per day on those for the morning, because I get withdrawals if I don't have my fair share (one single can); I get intense headaches if I don't drink coffee for more than a day or two, and I've bought those cans because they are quick and pretty good.

I'm 100% sure I've spent $2k+ on those the last few years combined.. I'm really trying to stop but what can I say, the last one I had was this morning.. thought I'd need one because I worked a double shift.

There are days where I felt queasy and weird while drinking them and I stopped a week or two after I read that story about how a guy found a dead rat in the can or something like that but I seriously can't bring myself to stop baha.

I need an alternative.. I just CAN'T drink hot coffee; it must be cold.

I'm hoping I live until I'm at least 60.

You are convinced you need it to keep going, but you don't. Don't stop immediately, reduce the quantity every week or so, and you'll get rid of it soon. 

COOLING:

You are convinced you need it to keep going, but you don't. Don't stop immediately, reduce the quantity every week or so, and you'll get rid of it soon. 

I've lost count the amount of times I tried that. Trust me, I've tried but had many relapses in my attempts.

I'd also try brew my own coffee and ice it down but it's just not the same. I'm really wanting to end my addiction and haven't really talked about it with anybody except maybe my girlfriend and a few close friends.

I might try to reduce the quantity again and see where it goes from there. I appreciate your reply though, just came off another double shift and I was about to grab another one before I go to the gym but I think I'll pass on that.

\threadturnedserious

Hands are perfect cupholders.

Well never had anything come up from them, but I drink so little of them, maybe 10 a year.

But the problem, same with coffee is that they just plain do nothing to me, I can drink coffee every morn for a month but if I don't one morning nothing happens.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum