Hitman 3 is Being Review Bombed on Steam / Guide to buy Hitman 3 on Steam.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Hitman 3 gets review bombed on Steam as fans complain about the Epic Games Store exclusivity and pricing decisions made by developer IO Interactive.

Not only did they increase the price on EGS to match the Full 120$ on steam to get everything in 3 separate bundles out of 6, this is a year old game which IO got paid the amount of sales they'd make already in the first year by Tim Sweeny though EGS year 1 exclusive.

Hitman 3 is being review bombed on Steam, and it currently holds a rating of “Mixed” with 280 reviews. By contrast, both Hitman and Hitman 2 have enjoyed a favorable rating of “Very Positive” from thousands of reviews. Based on the comments, some fans are complaining about the price in addition to the year-long wait, as Hitman 3 was released as a full-priced game on Steam. IO Interactive charging $90 for Hitman 3 Deluxe Edition and $100 for the standard edition of Hitman Trilogy also angered some users.

Not only have they made it incredibly difficult , you'd still miss few things out even if you buy multiple bundles and they don't even make clear what bundles has what overlap, if all that weren't they don't even give 2 hoots about regional pricing aswell. 

image.png.dde7d3937c9d2f58964a62f70a61e28e.png

image.png.9d26b08c897a2d652ac4fba88b825b4e.png

which brings us to Guide to buy HITMAN 3 on Steam

x6unf11wo1d81.png

Source : https://gamerant.com/hitman-3-steam-review-bombed/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

The process map seems to be missing one tiny box that says "Do you wanna support this shit?" with "Yes" pointing to the rest of the confusing and just "who the fuck gave Peter the job to handle the bundle options?" chart, "No" pointing to "Don't get the game" and one arrow that doesn't lead anywhere but says "Yarr".

Like you know some dogs and other animals could be trying to figure out what the fuck want wrong here and might want to say "yarr" to the whole whatever shit that is and go on do their things elsewhere and forget some human ever came up with something that requires mind map to explain a thing. Totally just a coincidence certain characters in certain books and movies say "yarr" and they have nothing to do with this choice in the diagram. [The text before this included sarcasm in the levels the writer questions is the world ready for that amount of sarcasm.... It totally is and if it isn't, it's just you who thinks so]

Honestly IO needs to just make two bundles: One for $60 (or less, ideally!) that includes all the content from Hitman 1 & 2 and one with Hitman 3 and all its extra DLC. Might lose them out on some money, and with IO being an independent company now the margins are probably on the thin side, but god. It's so fucking confusing.

2 minutes ago, Thaldor said:

The process map seems to be missing one tiny box that says "Do you wanna support this shit?" with "Yes" pointing to the rest of the confusing and just "who the fuck gave Peter the job to handle the bundle options?" chart, "No" pointing to "Don't get the game" and one arrow that doesn't lead anywhere but says "Yarr".

Like you know some dogs and other animals could be trying to figure out what the fuck want wrong here and might want to say "yarr" to the whole whatever shit that is and go on do their things elsewhere and forget some human ever came up with something that requires mind map to explain a thing. Totally just a coincidence certain characters in certain books and movies say "yarr" and they have nothing to do with this choice in the diagram. [The text before this included sarcasm in the levels the writer questions is the world ready for that amount of sarcasm.... It totally is and if it isn't, it's just you who thinks so]

The progression in the game is tied to online, so even if you pirate it you can basically only play the levels and not gain anything from it. It's pretty shit, especially considering their servers are made from mashed potatoes and always go down. Actually caused Hitman 1 to get pulled from GOG because it was really stretching the whole "DRM-free" promise.

I was cautiously looking forward to the VR mode aswell but apparently it's just a pretty lo effort bodgejob to get it working, which is sad.

It would take one sane developer with the tinyiest bit of VR experience to understand that to crouch in VR you just crouch irl. 

53 minutes ago, Liltrekkie said:

11acf26306582452748a1cfe6762ee0f.jpg.89dcf803bbca6ff79d4c6912de262ec3.jpg

This is what comes to mind, whoever thought this was a good idea should be fired and exiled from earth.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yeah, ''review bombing'', the term industry shills game journalists invented for when people call out massive fails by developers and but its easier to defend them as victims than criticize the hand that feeds. The point where I feel like I could spend upwards of $90 and still have no idea if I'm getting everything is the point where Gabe's idea of offering a better service has been forgotten. 

CPU: AMD Athlon 200GE

Mobo: Gigabyte B450MDS3H

RAM: Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3000Mhz

GPU: Asus ROG Strix RX570 4GB

1TB HDD, Windows 10 64-bit

People who say "then just don't buy" are idiots. Why should people not be vocal about such garbage behavior from game devs? Allow one and next time 3 more will try. And if no one objects and enough idiots buy it anyway (and you damn well know there's always enough of those idiots), next time 30 developers will try it. And before you know it everyone will be jacking up prices of games.

5 hours ago, Luxzio22 said:

review bombing'', the term industry shills game journalists invented

actually it should be illegal, its something.steam specifically uses to remove or hide negative reviews, because they argue that complaining.about technical issues is "off topic" , when that is actually an important part to "review" the quality of a product. "review bombing" is basically the same thing. sure its slightly different but the reasons of a negative review are still legitimate. its kind of like youtube dislikes, except this is an actual store that actively falsifies and removes negative feedback…

btw im sure other stores do the same, but since this is a gaming related topic i think its worth singling steam out here

On the other hand it would probably be more effective if gamers voted with their wallets instead, which we know , at large, they dont.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I feel eventually people will need to accept that Steam and Valve wont be their only game library and store. Timed exclusives, wait a year just to buy a game to just have it in a single store library? I mean, it's just funny to me. 

I can only imagine in future where you'd just buy a game/key and be able to download/play it anywhere, whichever store or platform. But that probably wont happen.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

feel eventually people will need to accept that Steam and Valve

i wouldn't have an issue with that, steam turned out to be exactly how i imagined, actually a bit worse, draconian drm ala denuvo, region blocking ... they even work with google to "combine" your data or something, you can opt out but tbh i dont believe it, end user doesnt  seem to have any control over what they're really doing...

However, epic is far worse, barely any features, even worse drm, and privacy a big black hole…  i cant even launch games offline, it just says ".drm file couldn't be read" and thats after jumping through hoops to get "offline mode" even starting up...!

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

It's why I buy on GOG if possible and then move to alternatives.

2 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

I feel eventually people will need to accept that Steam and Valve wont be their only game library and store. Timed exclusives, wait a year just to buy a game to just have it in a single store library? I mean, it's just funny to me. 

I can only imagine in future where you'd just buy a game/key and be able to download/play it anywhere, whichever store or platform. But that probably wont happen.

I don't mind games off of Steam by itself, but Tim Sweeney is really fucking annoying and I am a spiteful person. So that's my perdicament.

Not only have they made it incredibly difficult , you'd still miss few things out even if you buy multiple bundles and they don't even make clear what bundles has what overlap, if all that weren't they don't even give 2 hoots about regional pricing aswell.

Devs/publishers have to fuck off with that shitty behavior, what are they thinking??? If it's not clear what I'll get, I simply refuse to buy.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Or worse, they make bonuses in form of some consumable bullshit. Deus Ex Mankind Divided had this shit. I bought the game early and got some goodies that are "consumable". If you use them on first play, you can't ever again unless you continue your specific game save. If I wipe my saves and start game from absolute scratch, all those bonuses would be gone forever. What a fucking dumb way to give users bonuses for being loyal or whatever. Because giving me fucking gold pistols and extra praxis kits and some cash permanently on my profile in Steam is apparently too much to ask for.

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

i wouldn't have an issue with that, steam turned out to be exactly how i imagined, actually a bit worse, draconian drm ala denuvo, region blocking ... they even work with google to "combine" your data or something, you can opt out but tbh i dont believe it, end user doesnt  seem to have any control over what they're really doing...

However, epic is far worse, barely any features, even worse drm, and privacy a big black hole…  i cant even launch games offline, it just says ".drm file couldn't be read" and thats after jumping through hoops to get "offline mode" even starting up...!

Yeah, sad times. There's GOG though, then again, hopefully in the future something good happens.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

IO Interactive seems to always fucks up their distribution. Their game is great but the delivery is just awful it seems.