Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

So anyone watching Kuzu No Honkai (Scum's Wish) this season?

If yes what do you think is it worth watching?

2 hours ago, AG1233 said:

So anyone watching Kuzu No Honkai (Scum's Wish) this season?

If yes what do you think is it worth watching?

I'm watching but I'm not really into it. Still something I would recommend though as it has a unique perspective on love and relationships.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

9 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I'm watching but I'm not really into it. Still something I would recommend though as it has a unique perspective on love and relationships.

Thanks for the reply :D 

Hello fellow Otaku. I'm new on this forum but not new to Anime or Tech stuffs.

I don't have time to read through all 3756 pages but I do see a ton of Anime I used to work with. Please don't ask me for release dates or title acquisition contracts because I can't tell you. I can offer my opinion of any show I have seen and I don't charge for that. LOL

Some of my favorite titles are:

Fairy Tail

Noragami

D-FRAG!

ShinChan

Hetalia

FMA

AoT

Seraph of the End

Ass Class

Eva series

Just to name a few. :)

I finished space patrol luluco today, and holy shit, that ADHD eyeball overload insanity is right up my alley. That was a trip.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

8 hours ago, eatont9999 said:

Ass Class

I thought that was some kind of hentai...:o Darn Abbreviations...O.o

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

5 hours ago, Xsinar said:

I thought that was some kind of hentai...:o Darn Abbreviations...O.o

LOL, I can totally see where it sounds like a hentai. In the Anime industry, we just call it Ass Class.

15 hours ago, Xsinar said:

:o Darn Abbreviations...O.o

Ass Class Unity

Ass Class Syndicate

Ass Class 2, revelations, and 4 are probably my favorite though.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I just finished watching Guilty Crown, despite how mediocre it was I still hate endings like that. Now I need to watch something else to cheer myself up.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

9 hours ago, raphidy said:

Rewatching GITS for the second time after years. Damn good show. I am sure to be disappointed for the murica version.

Also, Kimi no na wa, Your name, is finally coming to Canada.

It is finally coming to the mid-west as well. I am going to try to see it in theaters on April 7th. Not sure about the date but should be worth seeing,

On 3/13/2017 at 11:16 AM, raphidy said:

Rewatching GITS for the second time after years. Damn good show. I am sure to be disappointed for the murica version.

Yeah, from the trailers I've seen I'll be disappointed in the hollywoodization of GITS as well. GITS 1995 was rather simple, quiet, and philosophical, not what these trailers have shown me about this adaptation.

I finally got around to watching GITS: Innocence. Much more surrealist and artsy than the first movie, not sure I liked it as much. The Stand Alone Complex series is still the best imo.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Just watched GiTS 1995, a good police show but to be honest Psycho Pass is better (gotta rewatch it soon). Had no expectation for the Hollywood version but I'll still see it anyway

Currently bingeing Hibike Euphonium, probably the most impressive Kyoto Animation's anime I've ever watched (Now I have the urge to binge Clannad dammit)

Will look into K-On after finishing Hibike, I'm having a strange fetish for high school music drama recently

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

5 hours ago, SeraphicWings said:

Will look into K-On after finishing Hibike, I'm having a strange fetish for high school music drama recently

I really liked Love Live, Tari Tari was good and Hanayamata was alright.

Cinderella Girls was good too.

You could pick those up if you haven't.

Worth a read to know what crunchy roll has done if you don't know whats happening recently.

https://medium.com/@Daiz/crunchyrolls-reduced-video-quality-is-deliberate-cost-cutting-at-the-expense-of-paying-customers-c86c6899033b#.n9tvu5nht

TLDR:Crunchyroll reduced the bitrate significantly for premium users,after facing backlash from the community they changed back the bitrate to the old one but only for 48 hours after the new videos get released after that you will be getting the new bitrate they changed to.You can see the difference in before and after here http://diff.pics/Tb0D8sX0IXXX/1.

Good thing I don't use crunchyroll.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I guess it's high time I canceled my subscription and go back to the good old fansub

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

1 minute ago, SeraphicWings said:

I guess it's high time I canceled my subscription and go back to the good old fansub

Yeah i paid for a year so I won't be cancelling it but still they recently released a official statement about this and what they will be doing to fix it so you might want to take a look at that as well.It would be nice to have some official alternatives to crunchyroll.

Here's the link for the official statement about this.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-985103/our-statement-regarding-recent-video-quality-issues?utm_source=community&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news&referrer=community

2 minutes ago, AG1233 said:

Yeah i paid for a year so I won't be cancelling it but still they recently released a official statement about this and what they will be doing to fix it so you might want to take a look at that as well.It would be nice to have some official alternatives to crunchyroll.

Here's the link for the official statement about this.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-985103/our-statement-regarding-recent-video-quality-issues?utm_source=community&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news&referrer=community

So basically we're stuck with low quality for sometime...

Still cancel because there weren't much show that justify for the price I paid anymore

1 minute ago, SeraphicWings said:

So basically we're stuck with low quality for sometime...

Still cancel because there weren't much show that justify for the price I paid anymore

Yup basically as they didnt even give us a time period when they will be switching to a higher bitrate, I cancelled my renewal as well but will be keeping my subscription doubt i will be using it anymore.

6c16ff24d48524a90324483f5077dbd5.png

Thought id do steam some justice and start applying tags to games. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

On 1/11/2017 at 2:41 PM, Oshino Shinobu said:

So, after not watching any anime for a month or two, I've ended up going on a massive binge over the past 2 weeks. So, here's my (very short) thoughts on the series I have watched recently. 

New Game! - 7/10

A good, light hearted series about a graduate getting used to her first job at a game development company. Characters are funny, albeit a bit cliche and shallow. There's not really any major plot development, it's more about the everyday things that happen in the workplace. If you've ever watched Servant x Service, it has a very similar feel. 

80417l.jpg

ReLIFE - 7/10

Basically, a good for nothing 27 year old gets turned back into a high schooler and gets to decide how to relive his final year at high school. The anime basically follows the MC transitioning from a generally apathetic man into a caring and lively high school student again, giving him a new outlook on life. I enjoyed it, though it doesn't really leave any lasting memories, just a pleasant anime.

82149l.jpg

Amagami SS and Amagami SS+ Plus - 8/10

This is one of those series that I've started watching a couple of times but kept dropping it at the same point. I finally managed to get past that point and ended up really enjoying it. 

It's actually based on a dating sim and is split into multiple stories of the MC developing a relationship with different girls. Each girl gets 4 episodes for their arc and an extra 2 episodes showing what happens after the main arc, done in Amagami SS+ Plus. Because each arc starts from the same point in time, it's interesting to see how certain actions the MC takes drastically changes the later situations and therefore the girl he ends up with. It gives a sense of everything just being a matter of being in the right place at the right time. 

78699l.jpg

I enjoyed this series, even though I'm not really a dating sim player. Even if you don't mean to, you end up rating which arc you like most and which you like least. Here's my list from least favourite to most. Would be interesting to see other people's opinion on this if you've watched the series. 

6) Tsukasa Ayatsuji

114926.jpg 

I actually ended up skipping the majority of Ayatsuji's arc, partially because it's very late in the series and I had already decided on my favourites. From what I did watch, none of it really appealed to me. I felt like some of the development in MC and Ayatsuji's relationship came out of nowhere and didn't feel genuine at all. 

5) Haruka Morishima

93782.jpg

Morishima's story is the first arc. She's the most popular girl in the school and is quite eccentric. She comes to like the MC, basically because of his persistence. To me, I find Morishima's character very annoying, particularly towards the end of her arc. 

4) Sae Nakata

93784.jpg

Nakata is really the first of the characters that I actually somewhat liked. She's very shy and timid, her arc basically covers how the MC helps her get over her shyness. While she does become less shy over time, it's still bit too much if you ask me. 

3) Rihoko Sakurai

154653.jpg

Rihoko Sakurai is basically only ever called Rihoko by any of the characters. MC's childhood friend and a glutton. Most of her arc focuses on her eating a lot and trying to diet. Rihoko is generally likeable and is amusing due to her clumsiness. MC never really ends up dating Rihoko, they just deepen their friendship, though it does go into how Rihoko has had feelings for MC for a very long time, as per usual for childhood friend characters. 

2) Kaoru Tanamachi

93778.jpg

MC's close friend from their last school. Somewhat rough and tomboy-ish, but reveals a more feminine side to MC as the arc progresses. I liked how the SS+ Plus episodes showed her and MC overcoming problems in their relationship, rather than everything being all smiles. There's also a fair bit of comedy with her character, which is nice. 

1) Ai Nanasaki

101410.jpg

Nanasaki is the best of the six hands down, to me. While most of the other girls are very set in their character type, Nanasaki's arc covers a much larger range of interactions and emotions. At points she is assertive and others she is more timid, making a good dynamic. She has one of the better SS+ Plus stories too. 

0) Miya Tachibana

93951.jpg

Kind of a black horse and not one of the six girls the story is about. Miya ("Myaa") Tachibana is the MC's little sister and she's freaking adorable. There's some bonus episodes dedicated to her, showing MC's brotherly affection and her probably something more than sisterly affection for MC. She often calls herself Myaa (as in, Nyaa) and calls her brother "Nii-ni". While there's no romantic relationship with MC (not that the incest thing is exactly taboo with a lot of anime), she's probably my favourite character (it's okay, I don't have a little sister). 

Keijo!!!!!!!! - 7.5/10

This anime is.... Ridiculous. It's basically an anime dedicated to making fun of shounen sports anime. It focuses around Kaminashi Nozomi, a gymnast who is starting at a new school that trains Keijo players. It follows Kaminashi as she improves at her sport, aiming to become a pro Keijo player and ultimately make a lot of money in the process.

Oh yeah... What is Keijo? It's basically a type of Judo, except it's on a small "land" on water, you can only touch the land with your feet and you cannot go in the water. The goal is to knock the other players down or into the water... Using only your butt and boobs, use of other body parts is against the rules.

Overall, this anime is very funny and light hearted, but still manages to make to sport interesting to watch, due to the ridiculousness of the powers and special moves involved with the sport. Kaminashi's special move is the "Vacuum Butt Cannon", a very high powered move that also has its risks. Of course, due to the premise of the sport, this anime is full of "PLOT".

81906l.jpg

NHK ni Youkoso! - 10/10

Of all of the series I have finished recently, I deliberately left this one to "review" last. 

I don't even know where to start with this series, I could probably write several pages of my thoughts on this anime. I watched all 24 episodes back to back from about 11pm to 8am or so. After just looking around for some light hearted comedy/romance series, I stumbled across this on MAL and decided to give it a go as it seemed like it could be a good watch. I went in expecting some comedy and a little romance, and I got the comedy during the early stages of the series. A shut-in who has an annoying neighbour who constantly blasts the themesong from an anime (Puru Puru Pururin) and has some delusions about conspiracies. 

However, as the series progresses, the comedy starts to fade and more serious issues start popping up and the anime addresses them in some very hard to watch detail. Honestly, parts of this anime are simply painful to watch, especially if it's stuff you can relate to. The series covers some very real and difficult topics, such as suicide, loneliness, rejection, delusions, separation, feelings of abandonment and some even more complex issues, like wanting to be a part of society but not being able to fit in and ways to cope with feelings of helplessness. 

The characters in this series are all seriously flawed in terms of their personalities, which is what makes them so genuine and relatable. The two main-main characters (though, there are more) are Tatsuhiro Satou, a hikikomori who uses conspiracy theories to cope with why he struggles with social interactions, and Misaki Nakahara, a mysterious, but seemingly regular girl who takes it upon herself to cure Satou of his hikikomori condition. 

I went in with somewhat average expectations of this series, but after having dwelt on the series for a week or so after finishing it, I have decided it is tied as my favourite series ever, along with the Monogatari series. Anyone who knows my love for the Monogatari series knows that's a pretty big deal for me. @MyInnerFred  @Laputacake

52675l.jpg

Also, here's the Puru Puru Pururin theme for you:

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - Expecting 10/10

I'm currently watching this series. I'm enjoying it to the point where all the other series I'm working through have been put on hold until I finish both seasons of this. At the time of writing, I have just finished the first season, so have another 12 episodes to go. 

This series gives off very similar vibes to Akatsuki no Yona, another of my few 10/10 series. Like Yona, Shirayuki has red hair that gets her a lot of attention, (she cuts it, like Yona does). She ends up running away from a Prince of her country who wants her to become his concubine. She ends up meeting a price of a neighbouring country. The series follows Shirayuki as she peruses her ambition of becoming an expert herbalist, as well as her relationship with the prince, Zen. 

Much like Akatsuki no Yona, the series has a strong female lead who is determined to achieve her ambitions. Though, also like Yona, Shirayuki occasionally needs protecting as she progresses towards her goal. I'm expecting this to be a 10/10 series if it continues in the direction it has been going so far. It's somewhat of a nice change from NHK ni Youkoso!. While NHK is, IMO, a masterpiece, it is also extremely hard to watch at parts. Akagami no Shirayuki-hime is generally a very feel-good anime with nice characters. 

75764l.jpg

I apologise for the long post. Spoilers are just flat out broken for me on all my devices, so I can't use them to hide some of the images. I had a few months of not feeling like watching any anime, but recently I've not wanted to watch anything else. Nice to get back into it again, I guess I just needed a break. I have a bunch of series ready to watch, but I've put them all on hold until I finish Akagami no Shirayuki-hime. I still have the last 5 episodes of Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu to get through, but I've been putting it off for a while because I'm pretty damn certain Subaru doesn't end up with Rem, the fucking idiot. 

Man, NHK ni Youkoso! is painful.

nhk gif.gif

More things to watch, more things on my backlog... So much to do but so much procrastination. Still need to follow up on the gatari series.

On 3/13/2017 at 11:16 AM, raphidy said:

We'll find out soon enough...

On 3/14/2017 at 2:22 AM, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

Yeah, from the trailers I've seen I'll be disappointed in the hollywoodization of GITS as well. GITS 1995 was rather simple, quiet, and philosophical, not what these trailers have shown me about this adaptation.

I finally got around to watching GITS: Innocence. Much more surrealist and artsy than the first movie, not sure I liked it as much. The Stand Alone Complex series is still the best imo.

Stand Alone Complex was really well done, one of my favorites now after watching it a year or two back.

10 hours ago, Magnetorheological said:

Konosuba ended... :(

All good/funny things must come to a end.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^