Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
32 minutes ago, This kid builds pc said:

Is this a weeaboo club?

No, it's an anime club. We just like talking about anime and derived work in general, the same way someone would talk about movies or tv series and their merchandise.

A weeaboo would be someone who think they are Japanese, insert Japanese words in their language, often erroneously. For example if you were to say "My imouto is so kawaii-desu" instead of "my little sister is so cute", that would be a weeaboo red flag.

You won't see anyone like that here.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/weeaboo

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 hours ago, TetraSky said:

No, it's an anime club. We just like talking about anime and derived work in general, the same way someone would talk about movies or tv series and their merchandise.

A weeaboo would be someone who think they are Japanese, insert Japanese words in their language, often erroneously. For example if you were to say "My imouto is so kawaii-desu" instead of "my little sister is so cute", that would be a weeaboo red flag.

You won't see anyone like that here.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/weeaboo

Isn't that partially correct though?    Is it just wrong (or extra wrong depending on who you ask. lol) because they used desu at the end?    

Idk Japanese but I think desu means "it is" or something close right?  

Which would make it superfluous in that sentence.  

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Isn't that partially correct though?    Is it just wrong (or extra wrong depending on who you ask. lol) because they used desu at the end?    

The point is that Japanese words are intentionally substituting English words.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

" often erroneously".
Like DeadEyePsycho said, the point is that they use Japanese instead of their own language. I know a few youtubers who do that and it's just bad.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

22 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

The point is that Japanese words are intentionally substituting English words.

Yeah but that by itself really doesn't seem that bad to me in a limited fashion at least.   

I'm pretty sure it isn't uncommon or unheard of for someone speaking one language to borrow a word from another.  

Though if if they did it almost constantly trying to half speak both English and japanese then yes I'd say that's a problem. 

22 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

" often erroneously".
Like DeadEyePsycho said, the point is that they use Japanese instead of their own language. I know a few youtubers who do that and it's just bad.

Erroneously means incorrectly in the sense that the grammar was bad in this case.

If you meant the use of Japanese words mixed with English or at least to that degree of half and half mixing languages is wrong in the sense that it's stupid or bad then "often erroneously" is not the correct way to say it.  ?

Small but important distinction to make.  

If I misunderstood your meaning then I'm sorry for the confusion.   

9 hours ago, Tr3vor said:

-Snip-

Gotta love that well respected and accredited anime, Seinfeld. 

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

7 hours ago, Trogdor8freebird said:

Gotta love that well respected and accredited anime, Seinfeld. 

Corey in the House was by far the superior anime.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

1 hour ago, DragonTamer1 said:

Corey in the House was by far the superior anime.

We all know King of the Hill is the superior anime m8...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

3 hours ago, killers993 said:

We all know King of the Hill is the superior anime m8...

R U FUKIN KIDDIN ME M8 !? FAMILY GUY IS BEST ANIME!!!

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

1 hour ago, MyInnerFred said:

You guys....

gpkmSvT.jpg

who else is gonna keep it alive while its on life support while we wait for you to properly revive it

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

36 minutes ago, themaniac said:

who else is gonna keep it alive while its on life support while we wait for you to properly revive it

rekt

Old shit no one cares about but me.

That moment when you are procrastinating on homework so bad that you start watching Kantai collection...

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

1 minute ago, DragonTamer1 said:

That moment when you are procrastinating on homework so bad that you start watching Kantai collection...

There are worse things to watch I guess. I'm actually doing my calculus homework right now. :(

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Started watching Dragon Ball Super on crunchyroll while waiting for my friend/co-op partner to show up and finish The Division. Currently on episode 12. I shouldn't have watched the Battle of Gods and the Resurrection F movies. It looks to cover the first 40 episodes or so according to the timeline on CR.

Hey back after a super long break from LTT Forums xD.

NlZaX.gif

You guys still doing the weekly anime to watch?

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

7 hours ago, Xsinar said:

As far as I know. Nope.

I KNOW this is a silly question

Spoiler

but does "animation quality" from anime watchers usually refer to the actual animations or the overall quality (because anime = animation of a sort)?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

1 minute ago, Trogdor8freebird said:

I KNOW this is a silly question

Hide contents

but does "animation quality" from anime watchers usually refer to the actual animations or the overall quality (because anime = animation of a sort)?

Animation quality usually refers to the smoothness of the animation. Art quality usually refers to the actual art in the show. Overall quality comes from a lot of factors that can be mixed and matched in different ways. For me, if I enjoy a show enough, I can overlook its more minor shortcomings.

10 hours ago, TetraSky said:

As far as I know. Nope.

cGfBzvJF1If1S.gif

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

18 hours ago, Xsinar said:

Hey back after a super long break from LTT Forums xD.

I wish

Old shit no one cares about but me.

To LOVE-Ru Darkness ended today... I haven't read the entire chapter but I have read some pages from Japanese sites, and wow... This is the most disappointing thing ever.

I have been reading this manga for 6-7 years now (the series has been going on for 10 years) and this ending... This ending just left me with a huge void in my heart... I don't even feel mad because I am so overwhelmed by disappointment. It's like a big part of me just got stomped and spat on.

I need a hug.

;_;

19 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

To LOVE-Ru Darkness ended today... I haven't read the entire chapter but I have read some pages from Japanese sites, and wow... This is the most disappointing thing ever.

I have been reading this manga for 6-7 years now (the series has been going on for 10 years) and this ending... This ending just left me with a huge void in my heart... I don't even feel mad because I am so overwhelmed by disappointment. It's like a big part of me just got stomped and spat on.

I need a hug.

;_;

From what I've heard about the previous chapter, I can guess how it ended. Definitely a disappointing ending but somewhat expected.