Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Just saw that they are going to make another season of New Game. I rarely enjoy these kinds of anime, but i really enjoyed it. Anybody else enjoy this series. I know i really enjoyed it because it came out the same time i started my first full time job in tech.

1JdkOWu.gif

I love this. xD

eDcJqJQ.png

xD

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

I'm being forced to watch Infinite Stratos. It combines two of the things I hate the most in an anime, Mechs and harems. Fuck...

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

17 hours ago, DragonTamer1 said:

I'm being forced to watch Infinite Stratos. It combines two of the things I hate the most in an anime, Mechs and harems. Fuck...

lol i'm fine with a few select mech anime like neon genisis evangalion , tppa tengan gurra largan or wat ever its called,macross is ok cant remember the rest lol

lives on

BAKABT

Well this is news to some peoplw unless your on discord with us but those that are not.... my pc caught fire.... not joking anyway heres pics

Spoiler

20170222_023712.jpg20170222_023702.jpg20170222_004847.jpg20170222_004813.jpg20170221_221240.jpg

Killed 2x 8gb sticks of corsair lpx ddr4, one of my msi gtx 980ti and my x99 pro gaming i7 mobo....

Had to completely tear apart my rigid loop and all... replace stock coolers on both cards try to explain to msi, asrock and corsair that it wasnt me....still workin on that lol. So yea been about 8 hours of hell....

Just happen to have a backup x99 mobo and at least i got a system back up and limping along....

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

9 hours ago, Technicolors said:

damn that sucks. hope you can get it straightened out and up and running again 

Yea tell me about it... watxhin youtube hear a zzzpoof... screen goes black, look down and small fire in case... 

Anyway after about 12 hours of trouble shooting and another 5 rebuilding i got a gimped pc up and running. The fire only killed 1 of my 980tis not both and the mobo. Had another x99 mobo layin around that i was tryin to sell and thank god it didnt. Had to take all waterblocks off gpus and such. Runnin on air cooled and such. Kinda sad tho. Lost some decently expensive hardware.

Also havent comfirmed ram. Seems to work but havent memtested. Git some random crashing at first but may have been due to curropted bios on other mobo

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

On 2/17/2017 at 5:29 PM, DragonTamer1 said:

I didn't mind infinite Stratos but the MC is thick AF (dumb as shit)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

On 2/17/2017 at 10:56 AM, Belgarionbg said:

1JdkOWu.gif

AKIDEAREST!!!!!!!

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

12 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

The fire only killed 1 of my 980tis not both and the mobo.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Sorry, had to :P

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

So I watched Akame ga Kill and it was shit. 

15 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

So I watched Akame ga Kill and it was shit. 

What didn't you like about it? After watching it, it felt somewhat generic to me, knew what was coming without much thinking but, I personally somewhat enjoyed it, if just for the entertainment factor. Not like there was anything better to watch(hard to find new stuff after having seen nearly 600 different anime).

Overall it wasn't great(like Erased/Hyouka, etc..), but certainly better than "shit".

"Shit" to me is something like Soul Link.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

What didn't you like about it? After watching it, it felt somewhat generic to me, knew what was coming without much thinking but, I personally somewhat enjoyed it, if just for the entertainment factor. Not like there was anything better to watch(hard to find new stuff after having seen nearly 600 different anime).

Overall it wasn't great(like Erased/Hyouka, etc..), but certainly better than "shit".

"Shit" to me is something like Soul Link.

Well for starters, dumb shit like Susanoo's "house keeping abilities". 

Like..... It just felt so poorly made and like a bunch of childish pointless garbage. Like there was so much potential to bring something better, but that's what happened instead. 

One thing in particular is, what's her face? Akame? When she says "eliminate" or whatever right before they kill someone drove me fucking nuts. It was enough to just turn it off all together. 

Is there something that you could recommend that would be better? I really regret wasting time on it. 

Just now, IAmLamp said:

Is there something that you could recommend that would be better? I really regret wasting time on it. 

Depends on the genre that you like and what other anime in those genre that you've liked.

Because I could easily just recommend you anything on this list, but it doesn't mean we have the same tastes.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Depends on the genre that you like and what other anime in those genre that you've liked.

Because I could easily just recommend you anything on this list, but it doesn't mean we have the same tastes.

Mind if I ask why Gurren Lagann isn't on that list? I thought that was one of the best I've ever seen. 

12 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

Mind if I ask why Gurren Lagann isn't on that list? I thought that was one of the best I've ever seen. 

Because I limited myself to 100 titles and to titles I rated 4 stars and up.

Generally anything that's more than 3.5 stars in my "watched" list is what I consider to be "good".

Gurren Laggan was pretty good, but when I watched it, it felt too ridiculous to me. I probably would've rated it better if I had watched the episodes week by week as they came out instead of all in one sitting like I did. Also not a fan, at all, of mecha so that didn't help.

Just now, TetraSky said:

Generally anything that's more than 3.5 stars in my "watched" list is what I consider to be "good".

Gurren Laggan was pretty good, but when I watched it, it felt too ridiculous to me. I probably would've rated it better if I had watched the episodes week by week as they came out instead of all in one sitting like I did.

I can see how people would be turned off by it. I had been watching a lot SoL prior to watching Gurren Laggan so it was a nice chance for me personally.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Gurren Laggan was pretty good, but when I watched it, it felt too ridiculous to me. I probably would've rated it better if I had watched the episodes week by week as they came out instead of all in one sitting like I did. Also not a fan of mecha so that didn't help.

Understandable I guess, I won't blame you for it. I am not a fan of mecha either, I just saw the mecha as tools to help them reach their goals (like a hammer and a nail or a saw to cut through wood). I never really saw it as like a main attraction or anything like that. 

Anyone know where I can watch anime without subtitles? I need the last 5 minutes of Konosuba 2 episode 7 for a parody video I'm making, the subtitles are messing with me.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

49 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

Anyone know where I can watch anime without subtitles? I need the last 5 minutes of Konosuba 2 episode 7 for a parody video I'm making, the subtitles are messing with me.

Crunchyroll, right click the video, choose "No subtitles."

2Pe1yBu.png

That is, if you have a subscription, I don't so I can't view episode 7 until next week.

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Crunchyroll, right click the video, choose "No subtitles."

Was looking for a button on the video toolbar to disable it, didn't know that you had to right click.

Can't watch it in full without a credit card so I guess I'm going to wait until next week to get what I need.

So started watching Youjo Senkei (Saga of Tanya the Evil) caught up to episode 7 and enjoying it so far.Worth a watch in my opinion.

Is this a weeaboo club?

Rig Specs:

Ryzen 7 1700 3.9ghz @1.33125v Cinebench Scores Best:1750cb Average: 1735cb

Asrock X370 SLI/AC  SOLD

Evga GTX 560 Ti 1gb    Just got a EVGA GTX 780 HydroCopper

G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8gb 2400mhz oc’d to 2666mhz (bought when ram was still cheap :()  

Corsair RM850

Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Changing to a Inwin 301 soon

Custom CPU Loop (watercooling is boring to me right now so I want to go back to air cooling and do like one more WC Loop in a Inwin 301)

Intel 256gb SSD

Kingston 240gb SSD

HyperX 90gb SSD

Not So Shitbox v3 Specs:

I7 2600k oc'd to 4.7 @ 1.4ish (will do more when I get a better cooler) 

MSI P67-GD55  Sold to fund my gpu

Gigabyte Windforce HD 6950

Team Elite Plus 8gb DDR3 (1 stick) @ 1600mhz

Thermaltake Toughpower 750 watt

Cooler Master T4

Enthoo Luxe 

Kingston 120gb SSD

WD Black 1tb HDD

Laptop:

Asus GL552VW-DH71

i7 6700HQ

2x8gb DDR4