Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
25 minutes ago, bhcool12 said:

Can anyone recommend me any animes that are like the mangas arifureta shokugyou de sekai saikyou and/or dungeon hunter

Grimgar?

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

1 hour ago, biker said:

Do adults watch or read Anime?

Of course!

That's what hentai is for.

Banned

Oh... RIP

7 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Of course!

That's what hentai is for.

Oh... RIP

What's that banned/rip thing about?

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's that banned/rip thing about?

He got banned, for some reason.

On February 1, 2017 at 11:01 PM, DeadEyePsycho said:

I just want to say Nyanko Days is totes adotes. Wish the episodes were a bit longer though.

What's it about?

Totes adotes?  

On February 2, 2017 at 9:43 AM, IAmLamp said:

Watching Psycho Pass. Pretty interesting stuff. (obviously has like gore and a bunch of nasty stuff but the perspectives taken are very interesting)

Not something I would recommend for everyone, but still very interesting 

I'm watching that with my friend and it's very good so far.  

On February 3, 2017 at 5:28 AM, IAmLamp said:

What to watch next... hmmm...

Tokyo Ghoul maybe?  I've watched season 1 so far and I'm loving it.  

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

He got banned, for some reason.

Who got banned?

Edit: you mean that biker guy?

Edited by Bleedingyamato

6 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Edit: you mean that biker guy?

Yes

6 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Yes

Ok.  I asked and then right after I saw that and figured that's who you meant.  

9 hours ago, biker said:

That's kind of like asking if adults watch or read stuff based on comic books :)

The answer is "yes". There are anime for kids, teens, and adults (though not as many for adults as the former).

Adults tend to be more critical of anime, though, because they've seen it all before.

6 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's it about?

Totes adotes?  

It's a short adaptation of a "cute kitty" manga. Each episode is only 2 minutes long though.

Totally Adorable

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

This is how I see myself after ~15-20 years. xD

ayD0X7V_700b.jpg

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

1 hour ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Adults tend to be more critical of anime, though, because they've seen it all before.

The worst part about growing up sadly... I can barely enjoy anime anymore.

These days I mostly enjoy "original anime" (not based on manga or light novel), just because I know the story will be "complete" and not stop midway with a giant middle finger telling you to go read the manga/light novel. Otherwise it feels like a waste of time to me as I could've just read the manga in the first place.

That or ridiculous anime like Konosuba where I can just watch, laugh and be done with it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

The worst part about growing up sadly... I can barely enjoy anime anymore after 15+ years of watching anime(started watching anime when I was like, 12 or 13).

These days I mostly enjoy "original anime" (not based on manga or light novel), just because I know the story will be "complete" and not stop midway with a giant middle finger telling you to go read the manga/light novel. Otherwise it feels like a waste of time to me as I could've just read the manga in the first place.

That or ridiculous anime like Konosuba where I can just watch, laugh and be done with it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

That's just it. You have to keep your eyes open for the good stuff, not just roll with the popular opinion. And you have to find what joy you can in the rest, be it being critical, or trying your best to get back into a younger mentality.

For instance, who here even knows about the Rakugo anime, or The Great Passage? They're fine anime for adults, but they go unnoticed because we're too busy ignoring them in favor of trying to focus on the popular stuff for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

..... for the most part, at least I'd hope.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

12 hours ago, biker said:

Let see, I`m near 1300 watched series with near 19 000 episodes (including some hentai) and I`m 32+y.

I think the answer is yes. CQFTY62.gif

I started reading manga only recently tho, although I`ve "read" over 10 000 doujinshi... xD

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

1 minute ago, Belgarionbg said:

Let see, I`m near 1300 watched series with near 19 000 episodes (including some hentai) and I`m 32+y.

I think the answer is yes.

I started reading magas only recently tho, although I`ve "read over" 10 000 doujinshi... xD

To be fair, it may be tough to classify us as "adults" :)

4 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

To be fair, it may be tough to classify us as "adults" :)

But we are, just not in the usual meaning.

dYMFDDf.jpg

TLDR;

I love being myself and I don`t really care about people`s opinion of me. 

h0BuRJQ.gif

3 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

It's a short adaptation of a "cute kitty" manga. Each episode is only 2 minutes long though.

Totally Adorable

Ah.  Nice.  Does Crunchyroll have it or somewhere else?

I forget, how old are you?        Every time I see someone use slang that idk it makes me feel so much older than I really am. lol ? (29)

Many points for using the word adorable.  It's a nice and happy word.  The world needs more things it applies to.

2 hours ago, Belgarionbg said:

This is how I see myself after ~15-20 years. xD

Nice.  lol      I wish my parents were that accepting of my love of anime.  They used to not really care one way or the other but in more recent years they've downgraded to harassing me for wasting money buying more of it...

Not to be awkward or anything but is that a hints in the first picture or a standard anime series?

If it's a normal series could you tell me what it is?

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

That first sentence makes me sad to hear...    

Please don't take this the wrong way but I feel like you need a hug after saying that.  ?

In a "I'm so very sorry some of the magic of anime has been lost for you." sort of way.  

1 hour ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

That's just it. You have to keep your eyes open for the good stuff, not just roll with the popular opinion. And you have to find what joy you can in the rest, be it being critical, or trying your best to get back into a younger mentality.

For instance, who here even knows about the Rakugo anime, or The Great Passage? They're fine anime for adults, but they go unnoticed because we're too busy ignoring them in favor of trying to focus on the popular stuff for whatever reason.

Popular opinion is frequently wrong I'd think.  lol

Pretty sure some people think SAO is overhyped and probably hate it just because they've heard it mentioned so much.  But I love it.  

Like you said you have to look for anime that look good to you rather than relying on what seems popular at any given time.  What's important is that you like what you watch.  ?

16 minutes ago, Belgarionbg said:

I think the answer is yes. CQFTY62.gif

I started reading mangas only recently tho, although I`ve "read" over 10 000 doujinshi... xD

You mean you are older than 32?    Nothing wrong with that.  ?

You're only as as old as you choose to be.  ?

Wow you've seen so much anime!  Good job!  ?

9 minutes ago, Belgarionbg said:

But we are, just not in the usual meaning.

I love being myself and I don`t really care about people`s opinion of me. 

h0BuRJQ.gif

To respond to your comments I feel this is relevant:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

I too love being me even if it's possible not everyone is accepting that an adult watches animated stuff like anime.

Or care to make a distinction between normal anime and hentai.  (I'm looking at you my grandparents. lol)

The people that are worth being friends with in life are the ones who accept you for who you are and don't criticize you for liking what you do.  When you find awesome people like that don't let them go if possible.  ? 

11 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Not to be awkward or anything but is that a hints in the first picture or a standard anime series?

If it's a normal series could you tell me what it is?

I believe that's highschool of the dead

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

20 minutes ago, themaniac said:

I believe that's highschool of the dead

Ohhh.  That would explain why I didn't recognize it.  I watched that around 4-5 years ago I think.  ?

Thank you,

So I watched FMA and now I'm watching FMA Brotherhood, it seems so much like the exact same thing I wonder if it's even watching. Someone told me to watch it immediately afterwards but I don't see the point. 

Just now, IAmLamp said:

So I watched FMA and now I'm watching FMA Brotherhood, it seems so much like the exact same thing I wonder if it's even watching. Someone told me to watch it immediately afterwards but I don't see the point. 

Well I *did* say that the two anime were similar at the start, but that they differ after that initial run of episodes :)

2 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

Story changes after few episodes. 11? if I recall.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB