Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
3 hours ago, SparkyRain said:

Oh dev. Such a lovely release!

but can it be played on twitch or is it pointlessly banned as well?

12920325_1714436992110177_69873846121888

Ohmygod i finally found it! Jeezus the monogatari series is long.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

18 minutes ago, SparkyRain said:

The first one was kind of the devs response to being a banned game on twitch as I recall. I dont think they were able to even get them to say why so they could fix it.

9 minutes ago, Charger said:

The first one was kind of the devs response to being a banned game on twitch as I recall. I dont think they were able to even get them to say why so they could fix it.

Let's wait it out. Dev seems to try.

a8MVK2Y_700b.jpg

ахахах xD

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

7 minutes ago, Belgarionbg said:

a8MVK2Y_700b.jpg

ахахах xD

So.. they are both each other's older brother? How does that work...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

14 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Sorry to interupt here, but comments on this video lead me to believe the character on this car's hood is from an anime. Anyone know who it is and what its from, if it in fact is an anime character? Thanks for ya'lls time!

21f8946afdcda5a8499f9c803671be35.png

Not one that I recognize. After reading the comments it seems to be a bunch of people who are bickering over it but don't actually know what it is either. They just seem to see an art style and some hiragana and  they lost their shit over it.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Just finished watching Tokyo Ravens, said I was only going to watch a couple of episodes but ended up finishing it. I thought it was really good but the ending seemed like it was rushed (felt like a cliffhanger ending). Besides that, I give it a 10/10. Now to find something else to watch...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

9 hours ago, killers993 said:

Just finished watching Tokyo Ravens, said I was only going to watch a couple of episodes but ended up finishing it. I thought it was really good but the ending seemed like it was rushed (felt like a cliffhanger ending). Besides that, I give it a 10/10. Now to find something else to watch...

Wow, 10/10 for "really good" with a rushed ending? Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but why even use an out-of-ten system if so many things could easily fall into the 10/10 range?

4 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Wow, 10/10 for "really good" with a rushed ending? Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but why even use an out-of-ten system if so many things could easily fall into the 10/10 range?

I have a theory!
I think rating system from 1-10 for a lot of people is associates witch school rating system. 10 in school by no means stands for "perfect".
10 - Really good.
9 - Really good
8 - Still pretty good
7 - Lowest good grade
6 - Shit, how am I going to tell this to my mom
5 - Mom is going to kill me.
It translates in directly translates in rating anything else.

At least that's how I used to look at 1-10 rating system. And it's still more or less true to this day.
Meanwhile for other people(most likely including you) 5 stands for "average" and 10 for masterpiece.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

6 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

I have a theory!

I think it's just lazyness, for two reasons:

- few people ever use anything except the 7-9 range

- people aren't graded A-F anymore so much as given pats on the back and awards for participation.

Most of the items on my list are a 6. I think the average is 6.5 or something.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

8 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, I blame you for everyone being lazy. /jk

Heh... it would probably be pretty neat to somehow be the root cause, actually.

7 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Because it was 4 in the morning and I was half asleep... I guess I shouldn't have said anything. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, my brother's computer is being dumb.  Integrated GPU stopped displaying, so I put in the 260x.  That was like, "nope"!  Tried a different cable, and nope!

Are you sure it's the igpu and not the monitor?

4 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I think it's just lazyness, for two reasons:

- few people ever use anything except the 7-9 range

- people aren't graded A-F anymore so much as given pats on the back and awards for participation.

I think that's because the grand majority of anime we watch, and dare to finish, are going to be good enough to be a 7/10. That's what i think about why ppl always use 7-9 and sometimes 10, and never below. And i don't rate anime i drop, so usually everything i watch is as good as a 6 or 7 lol.

Still, this kind of rating uses a scale that's different for every person.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

2 hours ago, killers993 said:

Because it was 4 in the morning and I was half asleep... I guess I shouldn't have said anything. 

Nah, I just wanted to check whether it really was a 10/10 or if you were just half-asleep :)

1 hour ago, eelnico09 said:

I think that's because the grand majority of anime we watch, and dare to finish, are going to be good enough to be a 7/10. That's what i think about why ppl always use 7-9 and sometimes 10, and never below. And i don't rate anime i drop, so usually everything i watch is as good as a 6 or 7 lol.

Still, this kind of rating uses a scale that's different for every person.

-- Caution! Pretentious overthinking ahead! --

It's tricky, because people actually only assume they'll never really watch many 5/10s or lower. But I've seen them do so and try to pidgeonhole them into a higher rating to prove that's the case, rather than it being the honest truth. That's the danger of this sort of thinking - you're inclining yourself to be dishonest, which kind of defeats the point of rating stuff on a scale in the first place. Besides, there's no reason to not just change your thinking to say that 5/10 is what you'd consider to be the average anime you enjoy, not some nebulous concept you don't really understand. And that's not even considering that the numbers become less accurate over time as anime change and your tastes adjust. That's why I prefer just sticking a label like "mediocre" or "decent" or "disappointing", which encourages me to rate the anime on its own merits, rather than trying to pidgeonhole it positively or negatively by ranking it against other anime. I'll still do that of course, but I'm less inclined to be needlessly negative or positive when I'm thinking this way - I tend to leave my current biases and comparisons to the text-blurb of my review, and give the anime a rating based on how high it aimed in general, and how well it did with that ambition.

33 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

Finally got around to some reading again and finished volume 11 of Spice and Wolf. 

Ugh you made me remember I still have a lot of LNs to finish and they continue to pile up.

The only thing I've been doing lately is read manga....

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

12 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, my brother's computer is being dumb.  Integrated GPU stopped displaying, so I put in the 260x.  That was like, "nope"!  Tried a different cable, and nope!

giphy.gif

SOWlzgj.gif

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

12 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Ya, the VGA port works.  Just not the HDMI, apparently.  So, I'm going to have to disable the IGPU either in the bios or force a split.

@MyInnerFred  So, I might be getting like a 40 buck refund tomorrow.  I have these 2 big speakers meant for a stereo and a set of bookshelf speakers.  I'm currently using the low end Logitech speakers, but say I have a sorta busted subwoofer/amp, but I was trying to find a different way to get better audio quality without resorting to my turtle beaches. xD  Budget is 40.

$40?! Dam... only superlux for you.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

well fucking hulu...

I started watching Noragami and just let it play so with not realizing I watched season 1 episodes 1 and 2 then season 2 episodes 1 through 6.... Why the fuck would they only have the first 2 episodes of the first season lol

5 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

$40?! Dam... only superlux for you.

i got the hd 668b. and they're pretty damn fine headphones for the price i got them. served me well for the past year or so. but i think i'm gonna look for an upgrade, as it's starting to lose its comfort 

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Lul, I have 20 buck skull candy's.  I think he misread my question cuz I'm seeking a speaker AMP, not headphone tech. xD 

meh I took your original question as looking for headphones as well lol. I know nothing really about either headphones or amps though so I'm of no help.