Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
6 minutes ago, Charger said:

ummm feeding anime girls?

Are we now?

Well damn, let's get started then!

qzm0bc.jpg

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

can somebody give me a brief history of the opinion poll in the US and a failure caused by it in a presidential election

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

1 hour ago, themaniac said:

can somebody give me a brief history of the opinion poll in the US and a failure caused by it in a presidential election

sounds like homework to me...

So I just visited the MAL forums for the first time in months and was quickly reminded of why I stopped going there. Everyone is a horny 13-15 year old male asking for dating advice while trying to flirt with the few female members while also raving about how awesome every ecchi harem ever is and asking if any girls are interested in that stuff.

I'm honestly sick of the ecchi crap and pointless fan service in general. My favorite show was Railgun and the only reason I didn't rate it higher was because it had unneeded fan service (index was by far worse though).

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Yupp it's past 3 months this year and there is nothing without service or literally anything thats worth watching..

(¬_¬) 馬鹿野郎わら 。スケベ!妹萌え!

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Buy yourself some Saint Seiya.

Don't like the artstyle.

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

, if you're old enough.

Triggered. Old enough for a driving license. That's all I'm gonna say :dry:

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Eh, there's 2 Go Nagai things on Hulu.  They're meant for mature audiences only, though.  You don't have to pay for Hulu Plus to watch them, but they're New Getter Robo and Ghastly Prince Enma Burning Up.

Gonna check on that later then :)

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

The second one is produced by NIS.  Sometimes Hulu removes things from free, but I think that New Getter is at least still watchable for free.

They aren't the only site around lol. 

10 minutes ago, SparkyRain said:

They aren't the only site around lol. 

As a club we try to recommend hulu or crunchyroll or really any place that legally has the rights to stream the anime.

1 hour ago, DragonTamer1 said:

So I just visited the MAL forums for the first time in months and was quickly reminded of why I stopped going there. Everyone is a horny 13-15 year old male asking for dating advice while trying to flirt with the few female members while also raving about how awesome every ecchi harem ever is and asking if any girls are interested in that stuff.

I'm honestly sick of the ecchi crap and pointless fan service in general. My favorite show was Railgun and the only reason I didn't rate it higher was because it had unneeded fan service (index was by far worse though).

I agree with your stuff about MAL, but it seems that your fondness for Railgun has blinded you. Railgun was basically an all-cute-girls fanservice spin-off of Index, and it had entire EPISODES devoted to basically nothing but fanservice (with the girls modeling in swimsuits and maid outfits).

6 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

Whats going on in this thread?

No touhou? Thats a change. 

Almost finished with psycho pass season 1.

maxresdefault.jpg

Blarg

7 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I agree with your stuff about MAL, but it seems that your fondness for Railgun has blinded you. Railgun was basically an all-cute-girls fanservice spin-off of Index, and it had entire EPISODES devoted to basically nothing but fanservice (with the girls modeling in swimsuits and maid outfits).

well at least railgun was watchable to me unlike index lol

22 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I haven't seen it yet, but it's on my list. Looks kinda mediocre, though.

We'll see. I might get around to those just for fun.

What new anime are you gonna watch?

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

9 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I know, I still don't fully understand why I liked it so much but it's still better than Index. Index uses way more fan service in addition to the plot feeling all over the place and unorganized. I also thought Railgun S was better than the first season, the only reason I can think of why is that it had less of the "cute girls doing cute things" aspect and more of an actual plot with a pretty solid development. Still a few things that I didn't like.

The first time I watched Railgun I sat through the swimsuit episode thinking something important might happen. Needless to say I was disappointed so now when I re-watch it I make a point of skipping that episode.

18 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

I know, I still don't fully understand why I liked it so much but it's still better than Index. Index uses way more fan service in addition to the plot feeling all over the place and unorganized. I also thought Railgun S was better than the first season, the only reason I can think of why is that it had less of the "cute girls doing cute things" aspect and more of an actual plot with a pretty solid development. Still a few things that I didn't like.

The first time I watched Railgun I sat through the swimsuit episode thinking something important might happen. Needless to say I was disappointed so now when I re-watch it I make a point of skipping that episode.

ya railgun S was better than the first season because of it really having a decent story. I think I could have finished index if I watched it first but after watching railgun index just annoyed the hell out of me I think lol

1 hour ago, Typho said:

What new anime are you gonna watch?

No idea yet, haven't watched enough of them to get a feel for it. And I might not for a while, since I have to prioritize work-related stuff for a while :(

9 minutes ago, Charger said:

ya railgun S was better than the first season because of it really having a decent story. I think I could have finished index if I watched it first but after watching railgun index just annoyed the hell out of me I think lol

People like to say that, but I disagree. Index 1 and Railgun S are about on par as far as I'm concerned. People just prefer Biribiri to Touma, which is understandable but doesn't make S any better. It's just a question of preferences. S just fleshes out the arc of the cute girl everyone likes the most, but it's just as good/bad as Index 1 overall.

29 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

I don't see how it's "better" than Index. It's just pandering to people's desires more, so it gets the affection. S and Index 1 aren't that far removed from one another when you really compare them. People just like Biribiri more than Touma so much that they're not objective about either series. Both characters are obnoxious to me, so I don't have that issue when judging either series.

2 hours ago, Charger said:

well at least railgun was watchable to me unlike index lol

That's your problem, not mine :)

Index 1 and Railgun S was both fine shounen anime when you compare them more objectively (note that "fine shounen anime" is a seriously low bar, though). It's a question of which dumb and obnoxious tropes you prefer, really. Of course that's not considering the vapid wastelands that were Index 2 and Railgun 1, but Railgun had the natural advantage because people are always going to be kinder to anime full of girly girls than anime with a male lead.

43 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

No idea yet, haven't watched enough of them to get a feel for it. And I might not for a while, since I have to prioritize work-related stuff for a while :(

People like to say that, but I disagree. Index 1 and Railgun S are about on par as far as I'm concerned. People just prefer Biribiri to Touma, which is understandable but doesn't make S any better. It's just a question of preferences. S just fleshes out the arc of the cute girl everyone likes the most, but it's just as good/bad as Index 1 overall.

I don't see how it's "better" than Index. It's just pandering to people's desires more, so it gets the affection. S and Index 1 aren't that far removed from one another when you really compare them. People just like Biribiri more than Touma so much that they're not objective about either series. Both characters are obnoxious to me, so I don't have that issue when judging either series.

That's your problem, not mine :)

Index 1 and Railgun S was both fine shounen anime when you compare them more objectively (note that "fine shounen anime" is a seriously low bar, though). It's a question of which dumb and obnoxious tropes you prefer, really. Of course that's not considering the vapid wastelands that were Index 2 and Railgun 1, but Railgun had the natural advantage because people are always going to be kinder to anime full of girly girls than anime with a male lead.

that fact that I couldn't even manage to make it all the way through index season one but watched all of railgun is the only thing I base it being better on. I really don't think I would have disliked index as much as I did if I just watched it before railgun. I didn't even know railgun had a second season when I started watching it and I had no idea it was a spin off of another anime I was just looking for a short anime to watch at the time.

Meh a "fine shounen" is really all I need to like something I have low standards and generally like shounens (probably doesn't need the s assuming like anime it is also plural but feel the need to put it lol)

1 minute ago, Charger said:

that fact that I couldn't even manage to make it all the way through index season one but watched all of railgun is the only thing I base it being better on. I really don't think I would have disliked index as much as I did if I just watched it before railgun. I didn't even know railgun had a second season when I started watching it and I had no idea it was a spin off of another anime I was just looking for a short anime to watch at the time.

Meh a "fine shounen" is really all I need to like something I have low standards and generally like shounens (probably doesn't need the s assuming like anime it is also plural but feel the need to put it lol)

Well, you can at least consider your standards higher than "fine shounen" if Index 1 wasn't watchable to you :)

Thinking about selling an E6700 and a heat sink that I've had lying around collecting dust. Do you guys think that $30 is a fair asking price for the two?

i just finished Black Rock Shooter, it was good

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com