Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
6 hours ago, Charger said:

well fucking hulu...

I started watching Noragami and just let it play so with not realizing I watched season 1 episodes 1 and 2 then season 2 episodes 1 through 6.... Why the fuck would they only have the first 2 episodes of the first season lol

Because Hulu decided to be dumb. Most likely they didn't get a license for the whole first season.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

well i'm going to be watching asterisk war S2, why? because fuck me

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

34 minutes ago, themaniac said:

well i'm going to be watching asterisk war S2, why? because fuck me

Hey, even masochists need to pass the time somehow.

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Same, I just found my old Lupin the III, Trigun, and Yu Yu Hakusho mangas.  

On a side note, I'm running 3 monitors from my 390.  Netflix, mmorpging, and chroming.

I need to get a third monitor. Need a desk first. Probably have to make one because all the ones I find are not big enough or too big.

Blarg

On 4/1/2016 at 10:58 PM, valdyrgramr said:

quoted the wrong quote..... I'm using 1 legit monitor from QNIX, one 1080p tv, and a 720p tv

bet that funny looking as hell lol. jk

wonder how many people still do 720

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

snip

Lil bit of a wire mess, but the 3rd "monitor" now has a picture of knives as the wallpaper.

least they look roughly the same size. huge bezels tho, but thats to be expected since they are tvs and all.

Was half expecting 3 completely different sized monitors lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

24" qnix 1080p 144hz, 26" insignia 1080p 60hz, and that 720p is set to 1366x768. The 720p one actually upscales really well to 1440p. xD I like that one cuz it's a smart tv hence that yellow cat 6 in plain sight.

the 40inch monitor thats acting as my 4th monitor is a visio 1080p smart tv. literately used the "smart" features like 3 times lol though its wireless. still never used the "smart" features

the other 3 are 1440 as everyone else already knows

Well, new season time. Guess I might as well start catching up with anime again :)

My Hero Academia (1). decent.
Mercifully, Bones did a pretty respectable job here. It's not looking like a cheap cash-grab, and it more or less captures the tone and spirit of the manga. Probably the biggest complaint that will be leveled at it is that the pacing is slower than it could be, but I think that's wisely cautious of Bones. This way they'll neither run out of manga material after a season or two, and they won't make a show that's so glacial and tedious that they have to blow their wad on incredible animation just to compensate. As for the story itself, if you can get behind yet another shounen superhero series (as long as its handled competently and has a vibrant cast), then I suspect that this one will be fun enough to justify the time investment. Just don't expect anything special; My Hero Academia isn't aiming high, it's just aiming to entertain on a wish-fulfillment level, which it's been doing pretty well so far. If you actually want a superhero story that's more mature or intelligent then give Bone's other series Concrete Revolutio a serious shot instead.

Girl Meets Bear (1). decent.
Well, this was a welcome surprise. Certainly different enough from every other "shrine girl" anime that I didn't mind it as much as I feared. It's pretty laid back and has a breezy comedy style that you don't see too often. I wouldn't quite call it funny, but I would call it charming - the type of show for a rainy day. That said, I did chuckle a bit more than anticipated (even if I rolled my eyes as well). It at least has decent comedic timing, and doesn't have the stink of a lazy advertising campaign like some other recent "comedy" anime I could mention. It's also got the production values to back it all up. Cute ED, too.

Tomo-chan's a Girl! manga (c282-292). decent.
Well, the inevitable happened, and it was... alright. I was hoping for a bit more, though I knew it wouldn't come to pass. Still, there's enough light humor here to keep reading it for the same ol' same ol', like a genuinely amusing webcomic.

Otoyomegatari manga (c54). good.
It's tough to not find this chapter charmingly funny, despite knowing that it's basically about an arranged marriage. It's just nice to see the topic treated with some respect, rather than just being simple wish-fulfillment or a "whitewashing" of history or something like that. At the very least they picked the type of kids who might NEED external help getting a relationship going, so it manages to present the thing in a way that a modern mindset can make its own mind up about, rather than just presenting it as purely positive or negative. It's still a bit on the convenient side of storytelling, but since it's more about the characters than the topic it works quite well. You can practically see it as modern parents meddling with their children's love-lives, rather than something to dramatize.

Chihayafuru (c164). disappointing.
With this chapter Hyoro finally gets his inevitable moment of glory, which should be nice to see. But at this point it feels less like a triumph and more like a pathetic obligation that the story has to carry out. It's even further marred by Taichi's presence stealing the thunder, and Taichi's arc in the story keeps getting worse and worse. I can't even express how disappointed I am in how lamely they've treated his character just to get the story from point A to point B. It's plot device-level abuse of a solid character with legitimate problems and identity issues. If they don't turn this arc around by not trying to paint him as the problem, it will just about tank the whole series for me, much like Barakamon's terrible ending did for that anime. I have just enough goodwill to think that the mangaka isn't that amateurish, but we'll see. Japanese writers have a penchant for character assassinations when it comes to characters like Taichi.

Giant Killing manga (c204). decent.
Ah, so this arc might just have been aiming to show that Tatsumi's growing as a coach with his team, and not just gambling everything. That's a nice, solid way to progress the manga, but will it be enough? Or are they going to try for a feint? Hard to say. I'm hoping they manage to turn this game into something memorable, because so far it's served to build up the opposing team as a great foil for ETU, but who knows how many volumes it will be before they butt heads again? At least I'm no longer bored with the suspense-ish writing, and can see a bit of actual progress again. Leaving things to chance might be refreshing.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san manga (c19). great.
This chapter was even more adorable than usual, and that's saying a lot. They're milking Takagi's "engineered to perfection" character a bit too much, but it's working so well that I don't really mind yet.

Renai Kaidain Sayako-san manga (c28). decent.
This was a goofy little chapter that seemingly didn't have much to do with anything, but it worked well just by virtue of being in this manga. It'd be tough to not get a kick out of the stylized artwork meant to express a "gaunt" face.

Actually, I'm... manga (c118). so-so.
Thankfully there were some great translation choices here that kept the chapter from being kind of a bore, but otherwise there wasn't much to appreciate here. It just didn't go anywhere new, funny, or even interesting. Hopefully they'll rectify that in next chapter.

Seitokai Yakuindomo manga (c369). so-so.
An atypical animal-based chapter for SyD, and it worked out alright. Most of the material was pretty tired, but the final punchline did the job well enough.

My Hero Academia (c84-85). good.
Thankfully they seem to be trying to keep things reasonable, which is helping this arc go down without being overly cliched. It's quite nice to see a big cast of characters being put to some good use, without just obnoxiously having them clash against each other or just fitting together perfectly like an over-designed puzzle. It's also nice that they're not forgetting the family aspects of the story either. As such, these chapters were just what I needed to remain mildly invested in the manga  (the Tsuyu bonus chapter certainly helped too). They're still managing to keep the feeling that they want to tell a proper story, even if it's not the most original or inventive one in the world. I hope they do, as not enough shounen anime try that hard.

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm using 1 legit monitor from QNIX, one 1080p tv, and a 720p tv. xD 

I was using a 720 tv for a while. 27" 720 tv sitting next to a 21" 1080 monitor. Really bothered me. Now on 2 1080 monitors.

Blarg

Ffs getting a new apartment next month. Moving all this tech will be a stunt :(

16 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Refund from the Seasonic that almost killed me.  lol

I was thinking about just getting a Lepai LP-2020A+ Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier.  It's only a 2 channel, but I'd, at least, get to use my 2 giant wood grain speakers. xD Burgerbum cringed on steam last night when they heard about my headphones.  I got a turtle beach dpx21 for gaming, and 20 buck in ear skull candy ones. xD 

Oh I thought you were talking about headphones.

11 hours ago, Technicolors said:

i got the hd 668b. and they're pretty damn fine headphones for the price i got them. served me well for the past year or so. but i think i'm gonna look for an upgrade, as it's starting to lose its comfort 

People often get new pads for those after purchase.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

Nope, just a decent lil amp to power at least my woodgrain speakers.

My livingroom box. Nothing fancy but gets background music done. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nobsound-Mini-EL34-Vacuum-Tube-amp-HiFi-Single-ended-Class-A-Stereo-Amplifier/261867901431

Replaced the chinese el34's with russian one's. The chinese one's are pretty crappy.

Updated the files for my MPC-HC and madVR guide. https://goo.gl/tJdQwV

Remember to update your files if you use this. If you dont already use this start NAO!

11 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

bet that funny looking as hell lol. jk

wonder how many people still do 720

i used to run a 24 inch 1080p monitor an old 17 inch 4:3 monitor and a 32 inch 720p tv 

39 minutes ago, SparkyRain said:

Uh excuse me asking but how so broke at the start of the month?

i myself am broke all through out the month

On 4.4.2016 at 6:23 AM, BashZeStampeedo said:

Nah, I just wanted to check whether it really was a 10/10 or if you were just half-asleep :)

-- Caution! Pretentious overthinking ahead! --

It's tricky, because people actually only assume they'll never really watch many 5/10s or lower. But I've seen them do so and try to pidgeonhole them into a higher rating to prove that's the case, rather than it being the honest truth. That's the danger of this sort of thinking - you're inclining yourself to be dishonest, which kind of defeats the point of rating stuff on a scale in the first place. Besides, there's no reason to not just change your thinking to say that 5/10 is what you'd consider to be the average anime you enjoy, not some nebulous concept you don't really understand. And that's not even considering that the numbers become less accurate over time as anime change and your tastes adjust. That's why I prefer just sticking a label like "mediocre" or "decent" or "disappointing", which encourages me to rate the anime on its own merits, rather than trying to pidgeonhole it positively or negatively by ranking it against other anime. I'll still do that of course, but I'm less inclined to be needlessly negative or positive when I'm thinking this way - I tend to leave my current biases and comparisons to the text-blurb of my review, and give the anime a rating based on how high it aimed in general, and how well it did with that ambition.

Sometimes I want to put just 6 (fine) for a score but then I think how other people may view it little bit and then put 7 (good) because "someone" might enjoy it more... Then I begin to confuse my personal scores with other people thoughts or how I think they think about it xD

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

9 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Well, new season time. Guess I might as well start catching up with anime again :)

- Anime thoughts -

@BashZeStampeedo

What about Ace Attorney ;) ?

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

13 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Hey, even masochists need to pass the time somehow.

hundred and cerberus looks even worse as far as generic cookie

cutter anime goes in my opinion.. 

59 minutes ago, Typho said:

@BashZeStampeedo

Ace attorney could definitely be fun, kinda looking forward to it.

I sincerely wish they had a different VA for Phoenix wright though.. 

The generic overly enthusiastic teenage rpg MC does not suit him. 

The opening is abit weird aswell. 

43 minutes ago, Typho said:

@BashZeStampeedo

I haven't seen it yet, but it's on my list. Looks kinda mediocre, though.

30 minutes ago, tobben said:

hundred and cerberus looks even worse as far as generic cookie cutter anime goes in my opinion..

We'll see. I might get around to those just for fun.

9 hours ago, SparkyRain said:

Ffs getting a new apartment next month. Moving all this tech will be a stunt :(

I get to do all that fun moving stuff this summer.

6 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

Updated the files for my MPC-HC and madVR guide. https://goo.gl/tJdQwV

Remember to update your files if you use this. If you dont already use this start NAO!

Still dont use it.

Blarg

4 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

I get to do all that fun moving stuff this summer.

Still dont use it.

you should get on that then...

feeding_my_waifu_some_homemade_chicken_c

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

13 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

People often get new pads for those after purchase.

nah, it's the clamping force 

1 hour ago, Belgarionbg said:

1 hour ago, Belgarionbg said:

double spoonful. too much for me 

3 hours ago, Belgarionbg said:

feeding_my_waifu_some_homemade_chicken_c

I'm reminded of this:

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit