Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

that image is hurting my brain, the controller looks like a super nintendo controller but the console does not look like a super nintendo

It's the Europe/ Japanese version of snes.

As far as controllers go gamecube controller is the best controller. Has a working dpad unlike xbox and feels really nice imo better the dualshock.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

that image is hurting my brain, the controller looks like a super nintendo controller but the console does not look like a super nintendo

it is a snes or at least a super famicom the Japanese version of the snes

yep

giphy.gif

Warkong!!!!!!!

Oh, fuck microsoft. I'm sick of that shit.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

if their gonna do that why dont they just do it for all windows versions, xp and newer

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

if their gonna do that why dont they just do it for all windows versions, xp and newer

Most computers running XP (P4s and the like) would choke and die with win10, it would get a vista reputation with old people.

Just remember how fucking bomb this show was, damn near Samurai Jack levels of dank. Nobody talks much about it anymore.

it's basically an American mecha spiritual predecessor to something like TTGL. Though episodic comedy, no plot.

put a random episode on I hadn't seen before and chocked on my coffee when some serious next level spoofing came on. Sailor Moon complete with transformation scene and magical girl mecha suits.

Megas+XLR+-+201+Ultra+Chicks+%255BMoonso

there's also another random episode in here where they whip out some sort of bastardized mutant between Voltron, Gatchaman, and Power Rangers with a 5 piece gattai mech.

interestingly enough the pilot episode was done by Madhouse too, would be cool if someone picked it back up. The pilot episode has space battleship Yamato's wave motion gun lodged in the chest and an 8ball Hadouken, lol. Ton of Macross in here too.

creators were from MTV and moved to CN, they made certain to go out of their way to create "PopTV" in the shape of an "MTV" logo and destroy it regularly.

Error: 410

The dual shock is, imo, the best controller. Primarly because it is symmetrical. This makes logical sense to me as the best controller layout, partially because your hands are symmetrical. I don't understand the pro to an xbox controller layout. Some say "your thumb naturally goes to the thumbstick", but I guess my thumbs are weird. I have medium to small hands (it's in between those sizes). The Dual Shock setup is perfect to me.

I've mentioned it before, but you can't do certain things on the Xbox controller that you can with a Playstation controller. Specifically, play Kingdom Hearts 1 at high levels of skill (or at least, easily anyway). 

You have to be able to use the D-Pad, both thumb sticks, all 4 face buttons, and at least 2 of either the trigger or shoulder buttons at the same time. Or at least I do. 

This involves using the dual claw grip. Which is only effective on a Dual Shock:

r3qPB0W.jpg

But with both hands. Consider trying such a thing on an Xbox controller:

maxresdefault.jpg

You can't accurately control a thumb stick with your knuckle. But a D-Pad? Yes. You can.

I did like the Xbox 360 controller back when I played on one, it provided a nice grip that would be impossible to drop on accident unless your hands were really slippery. But I never dropped DualShocks either, and it does allow having for example right index finger like that on one of the symbols (besides X)... I'd say I can't really judge which would be the better of the two, but if I had to pick, would probably run with DualShock. Otherwise the Xbox 360 controller is fine too, but that D-pad just flat out sucks, if I'd say it bluntly.

Regarding that anime image of Super Mario World,

She has over 500,000 score and that's the first Haunted House. Somebody is back tracking.

@MyInnerFred would probably nitpick about the image not being from anime, but a game (just like most of the fandom would)... :lol:

The only thing really setting it apart is the character portrayed, that's it.

Nice observation of detail, though. I haven't actually played any Mario games without an emulator besides the first SMB for NES, so I wouldn't know (I have played maybe the first 10% or less of SMW emulated though, so I do remember that level, albeit vaguely).

Yep, it's the Japanese version of SNES (Super Famicom). Europe got NES and SNES just like Northern America instead of Famicoms, only with lower framerates; 25/50 (?) FPS as opposed to 30/60 (?) FPS due to differences between NTSC and PAL standards. Due to lower framerates, the time went just a little slower, allowing slightly better reaction times, which is why hardcore speed runners consider PAL versions of games "cheating".

*I don't remember if they ran at 30 or 60 FPS at the time, hence (?) -marks

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Most computers running XP (P4s and the like) would choke and die with win10, it would get a vista reputation with old people.

then just vista and newer

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

then just vista and newer

People use vista?

edit: tbh, I don't think that microsoft even wants to acknowledge vista's existence. 

People use vista?

edit: tbh, I don't think that microsoft even wants to acknowledge vista's existence. 

yes people do, and if they dont want to then why not just remove it from the face of the planet by upgrading all vista systems to win 10

Spoiler

There was an article on reddit a while back talking about how win 10 is doing stuff that malware do and this just adds to that list. Looks like I won't be booting windows again until someone finds a way to block it again.

Edit: I have auto updates turned off and pretty much never update windows so this probably won't be an issue for me. But they have been doing some fishy things so I'll just have to wait and see

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

yes people do, and if they dont want to then why not just remove it from the face of the planet by upgrading all vista systems to win 10

I was being sarcastic, and they could also just ignore it completely, as if it never existed in the first place... 

There was an article on reddit a while back talking about how win 10 is doing stuff that malware do and this just adds to that list. Looks like I won't be booting windows again until someone finds a way to block it again.

Edit: I have auto updates turned off and pretty much never update windows so this probably won't be an issue for me. But they have been doing some fishy things so I'll just have to wait and see

The Slashdot comments for this article suggest that this registry key will stop the Windows 10 update, but I wouldn't know if that's true:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Gwx]

"DisableGwx"=dword:00000001

The Slashdot comments for this article suggest that this registry key will stop the Windows 10 update, but I wouldn't know if that's true:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Gwx]

"DisableGwx"=dword:00000001

Its delete system32 in disguise!

The Slashdot comments for this article suggest that this registry key will stop the Windows 10 update, but I wouldn't know if that's true:Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Gwx]"DisableGwx"=dword:00000001

I will wait and see what others say.

I have very little use for Windows anyways. My arch install looks significantly better then windows ever will and I can do everything I want to do other then Dark souls at the moment. There is a thing on github for adding xinput to wine so when I get home I will compile that and see how it goes.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

tumblr_mcu10mpmLQ1qktqch.jpg

Guess its time to shut down windows update completly.

Only computer I have had windows 10 work with no problem is the media computer at work. And thats because it plays pandora and does nothing else.

Blarg

Aaaand considering to start screwing around with Linux again... This time Debian, in hopes for better stability than I had with Zorin OS.

FUPAtsk.jpg

EDIT:

tumblr_mcu10mpmLQ1qktqch.jpg

Guess its time to shut down windows update completly.

Only computer I have had windows 10 work with no problem is the media computer at work. And thats because it plays pandora and does nothing else.

Is it bad that I have had Windows update disabled ever since I installed Windows 8 (from aforementioned Zorin OS), leaving it essentially what it used to be on the release day, and not because of privacy reasons? (I run it unlicensed, since my license didn't work due to it being an upgrade license from Windows 7 to 8 and not a full license... Microsoft pls)

EDIT #2:

Oh stop it you guys...

post-23506-0-29659900-1449512752_thumb.j

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

so far i have had no problems with windows 10 but i have only been using it for about a week.

I don't think its too bad, I just prefer 8.1 over it. What I really REALLY don't like is how they've been harassing everyone with the update nonsense. I get it, they want people to upgrade, but having a popup come up on my screen to bother the shit out of me every single time I start my PC isn't the way to get me to "upgrade", that's for sure. Its a good way to make me do the opposite.

Nice observation of detail, though. I haven't actually played any Mario games without an emulator besides the first SMB for NES, so I wouldn't know (I have played maybe the first 10% or less of SMW emulated though, so I do remember that level, albeit vaguely).

I have a weird level of recollection when it comes to Mario games. Or at the very least Super Mario World (having played SMW, SMB (NES), SM64, Galaxy, Paper Mario, etc.)

>friend is playing Super Mario World on emulator in class; I did not know this

>I hear the ding from him collecting a coin without seeing his screen

>I immediately know which version he is playing (can't remember now ofc, since this was literally 7 years ago). 

IDK if that's special or not. He was sure surprised by it tho.

The PDF for adjusting my monitor arms implies it won't be easy:

http://www.humanscale.com/userfiles/file/M2Instructions0613.pdf

>two different hex keys & four screws

Sounds simple. But adjusting for monitor weight will be a bear. Also: I have no idea where the hex keys went. I may have them. I don't know. We'll all find out together I guess.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I don't think its too bad, I just prefer 8.1 over it. What I really REALLY don't like is how they've been harassing everyone with the update nonsense. I get it, they want people to upgrade, but having a popup come up on my screen to bother the shit out of me every single time I start my PC isn't the way to get me to "upgrade", that's for sure. Its a good way to make me do the opposite.

ya I found that a little annoying but not really a problem and I don't know how people accidentally install windows 10 like some people act like keeps happening. I like the windows 10 start menu over the 8 start screen so I dont even see the need for anything like classic shell or other start menu program

Damn it. Was skipping this OP all the time, now I watched it couple times and looks like I'll have to keep it like that till the end of the series.
I have personal "matters" with Russian language, that's why it feels wrong listen to the first part. 

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB