Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Why honey, of all the things? Never understood adding that into things.

It's a great substitute for sugar or sweet syrups. Keeps a long time, and has fringe health benefits (though just how much so is debatable).

Spirit and technique, flawless and firm

Our strength rips the mountains

Our swords split the water

Our names reach the imperial villa

The two of us cannot hold heavens together

—Two great men, sharing a life.

Spirit and technique, flawless and firm

Our strength rips the mountains

Our swords split the water

Our names reach the imperial villa

The two of us cannot hold heavens together

—Two great men, sharing a life.

They make a movie of me and @KRImSIN.

I REBEL!

200_s.gif

The cat police is coming for you!

cat-police-30779-300.jpg

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

...huh, well then

Asterisk has a surprisingly above average to pretty good ED track.

shame it's wasted on such an a lower end of average at best anime, should have just went for generic whatever bright-high-energy pop.

some insane animation here

http://i.imgur.com/l7mvMkt.webm

Error: 410

...huh, well then

Asterisk has a surprisingly above average to pretty good ED track.

shame it's wasted on such an a lower end of average at best anime, should have just went for generic whatever bright-high-energy pop.

some insane animation here

http://i.imgur.com/l7mvMkt.webm

Thanks and fuck you to give me a nightmare of that bug. 

Been on a bit of a roll lately with finding time to read manga/watch anime. 'Tis kinda nice.

One Punch Man (10). decent.

Ah, so Miss Sassy McFanservice is finally playing a bigger part now? Nice. This anime was quite a sausagefest, so it's about time. Other than that, this was just slow setup with some sass-talking and the usual twist for a superhero show, where you establish how bad guys are REALLY bad by effortlessly crushing some other bad guys. Thankfully they reverted back to the silly hot-blooded shounen team-work stuff again, and that saved the episode from being a snoozer in the last few minutes.

Asterisk War manga (ch1-17). mediocre.

This is just stock light fanservice fare so far, and hasn't really done anything to stand out from the pack: no interesting or atypical characters, powers, weapons, setting elements, comedy, narrative, artwork, or even tone. More straightforward combat highschool light novel stuff in manga form, complete with cute girls inexplicably lusting over an oblivious wimp of an MC. The kind of thing you could read and completely forget about an hour later. I was still able to amuse myself on that "oh, is there where cliche X will happen?" level, or counting the clumsy upskirt shots, but when I have to devise my own entertainment like that it's not really a point of praise. About the nicest thing I can say about Asterisk War is that it seems committed to its own blandness. If only it was aiming higher above the lowest common denominator than its tsundere's average skirt length, that might count for something.

Seitokai Yakuindomo manga (ch271-288). decent.

It feels like SyD is actually a bit better now than when it started, though it's probably just that they're relying more on character-based comedy, not that it's getting less samey. Still, I've got a lot more to get through and I'm not sick of it yet, so I guess it must be doing something right.

Utakoi (1). good.

An anime about classic love stories based on the Hundred Poets' poems? I can dig it. This show seems to be geared for an older audience who have already seen their share of stories like these, and just want to experience some solid vignettes centered around the types of drama and romance in some of the aforementioned poems. Thankfully it does capitalize on that idea, and understands that it has to be more than a framing device for cheese or rote historical analysis. It seems to lie somewhere in between, where it can simply show some of the stories behind the cards and entertain you with their circumstances, rather than forcing things too far. Nice to see that.

Thanks and fuck you to give me a nightmare of that bug. 

Bitch that bug is dangerously close to being your god

literally made your life possible

Bitch that bug is dangerously close to being your god

literally made your life possible

My God? Heck no, i prefer a hot lady Or should i say Everyone's God? 

What drugs are you on now?

You see them hairs on that bee? That makes them super helpful.

They pollinate a metric fuckton of crops and other plants.

Historically you wouldn't survive without them. In the modern it's possible but more difficult and expensive.

If there's any bugs I don't mess with it's small house spiders, dragonflies, ladybugs, and bees.

Historically you wouldn't survive without them. In the modern it's possible but more difficult and expensive.

If there's any bugs I don't mess with it's small house spiders, dragonflies, ladybugs, and bees.

Gotta respect the pest controllers and pollinators.

Gotta respect the pest controllers and pollinators.

All four of which are pretty cool dudes and I get mildly vexed when I see someone try to kill bees or not understand why they have a spider in their house.

This was posted in the early days of HSC but i think my record was 73 hours

http://www.leekspin.com.au/

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

my school courtyard is swarming with bees.. though they tend to hang around the trash bins. but i've met a couple of them, and they're rather harmless 

They make a movie of me and @KRImSIN.

plus it's a reference 

To make a long story short, I'm playing the latest version of DS:PtD edition on PC. I'm trying to play at 60 FPS with DSFix 2.4.

No matter my settings, my monitor will go black while I'm playing. Not black, as in the game is not rendering, but black, as in the monitor is turning off. It's not, because it almost immediately comes back on. If I were to push the power button, it takes a moment for it to turn off and on. But the black it turns is definitely "the backlight is off" and not "the screen is rendering a black image".

It is not a monitor issue, however. Any other games are fine. Dark Souls is the only game that causes this. I've tried any resolution from 720p to 1440p. I've tried toggling all other options in DSFix (AA, AO, AF, DoF, etc.) from max to off individually. I've tried turning off texture overrides (as I've been trying to use mods as well).

I've even tried turning off FPS delimiter (i.e. able to go beyond 30 FPS cap). That has not fixed it either. I've tried going back to older AMD drivers. That hasn't fixed it either.

I don't really know what could possibly be the issue. :|

And due to the nature of this game, the issue is game breaking. The screen will go black for anywhere from a split second to 10 seconds.

Has anyone else had this issue come up? Anyone find a solution or have heard of others who have?

I know I've played Dark Souls with DSFix before, but not on this computer. It is such a strange issue (causing my monitor's backlight to effectively go off) that I just don't even know where to start after all that testing.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

my school courtyard is swarming with bees.. though they tend to hang around the trash bins. but i've met a couple of them, and they're rather harmless 

plus it's a reference 

well that's weird

unless you guys are dumping tons of sugary foods in your trash

you sure it's not something else that just looks like a bee?

i've had one bum a ride near my shoulder before for like an entire minute, and another one land on one of my cans and start to drink out of it

rip bee that drank my can of monster

in my experience and everything I've seen, you basically have to try to get stung by a bee by flailing your arms at it like a retard

@Vitalius well, it is dark souls. And you're on X99. And you have a FuryX on W10.

if there's a recipe for PC woes that's a perfect case study.

if DS wasn't bugged enough by itself you just basically gave it two clubbed left feet.

it wouldn't surprise me if you ran into (discovered) more bugs after fixing it

if I were you, i'd probably go full yolo and make a separate partition for a 2nd OS and boot to that to test DS 100% isolated on a confirmed stable OS.

W10 is more or less still in beta.

I guess I'm just lucky as fuck because I've had absolutely zero issues with everything, despite doing a "force" install over top of a dirty 1+ year old W8.1 install.