Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I think this is a rather well done "breaking the 4th wall".

>bring back the original titans.

Would be nice imo. I enjoyed that show. IDK. But that scene heavily implies the production team is aware of the lack of resolution in the older series and, I would assume, wishes to start it again?

Again, IDK, but going so far as to make a 3 minute scene about it, including footage from it, implies to me that something is to happen regarding it. Otherwise, why bring it up?

Or maybe the writers are just mean-spirited and like to rub fans of the old show the wrong way. We'll see I guess.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/geoff-johns-confirms-teen-titans-tv-pilot-features-nightwing-wait-what

There is that. But meh. Unless it's a Netflix Original (which it's not), I probably won't be interested there.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You see them hairs on that bee? That makes them super helpful.

They pollinate a metric fuckton of crops and other plants.

Historically you wouldn't survive without them. In the modern it's possible but more difficult and expensive.

If there's any bugs I don't mess with it's small house spiders, dragonflies, ladybugs, and bees.

I know what all of those do that's helpful except for the dragonflies. What do they do?

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Would be nice imo. I enjoyed that show. IDK. But that scene heavily implies the production team is aware of the lack of resolution in the older series and, I would assume, wishes to start it again?

Again, IDK, but going so far as to make a 3 minute scene about it, including footage from it, implies to me that something is to happen regarding it. Otherwise, why bring it up?

Or maybe the writers are just mean-spirited and like to rub fans of the old show the wrong way. We'll see I guess.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/geoff-johns-confirms-teen-titans-tv-pilot-features-nightwing-wait-what

There is that. But meh. Unless it's a Netflix Original (which it's not), I probably won't be interested there.

Ho shit I hope this will be nice, all this awesome stuff

Deleted code is debugged code.

@Vitalius

:o no Sword sheath :,(

Soon

>replaces all combat with Gwent card matches

>has Yugi proclaim "It's time to DUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUU-DUEL!" every time.

This is top tier mod for me.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

>replaces all combat with Gwent card matches

>has Yugi proclaim "It's time to DUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUU-DUEL!" every time.

This is top tier mod for me.

I'm seriously considering getting this game now.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Watched the most recent tech under $100.

Cool. Xbox 1 wireless controller thing. Maybe I can play some racing games and stuff.

Works with windows 10 only.

It is bullshit indeed. There shouldn't be a problem for such device to run properly on Win7 and 8.1 since they don't differ a lot from each other. Microsoft is trying too hard to push Windows 10 and updates in general. I got logged out of Skype a few days ago and couldn't log in unless I updated to the latest version... fk u ms

Looking at Win10's market share, Micro$oft isn't succeeding at all.

jCtlDLU.png

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

>going through old favourited videos from when Youtube had such a thing (the little heart button from 2005-2010 or wtv)

>find this gem

Never watched Air Gear. Maybe one day.

I've probably only listened to Trapt - Headstrong more than Linkin Park - Breaking the Habit in my life. Both songs invoke a feeling of physical illness when I hear them. Yet I still listen. It's weird. Mah tastes are shit.

† Christian Member †

Standard issue Equipment in every anime.

I thought you said for and im like idk about that...

RMAd my monitor to Samsung earlier... I'm 4 days short of an expired warranty (2 year warranty)... not sure if good luck or bad luck...

Still have to pay labor fees tho...

Monitor will return in a few days...

Any thoughts on Aikatsu? I'm thinking of diving in to that for a few days while waiting for my monitor...

Why honey, of all the things? Never understood adding that into things. I understand peoples' tastes are different, but it just seems like honey comes up often... Just my observation.

+1 for tea, though.

how else do you think they made mead? (yes i know you can use other stuff like syrup instead but honey is what is primarily used)

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I'm seriously considering getting this game now.

think it was on sale a few days back when it won GOTY. but it's still worth the full price, and then some. what a awesome game with awesome devs making it. i'd recommend getting it through GOG

Watched the most recent tech under $100.

Cool. Xbox 1 wireless controller thing. Maybe I can play some racing games and stuff.

Works with windows 10 only.

letmetellyou.jpg

well i have a ps4 dualshock because the two thumb stick have a more dildo like feeling which is nice. and i can connect with a cheap ass bluetooth dongle. Best controller ever LOL

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

To make a long story short, I'm playing the latest version of DS:PtD edition on PC. I'm trying to play at 60 FPS with DSFix 2.4.

Are you on 2.0 like the beta build. Other then that like helping said you have a nice recipe for a bugged game.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

To make a long story short, I'm playing the latest version of DS:PtD edition on PC. I'm trying to play at 60 FPS with DSFix 2.4.

No matter my settings, my monitor will go black while I'm playing. Not black, as in the game is not rendering, but black, as in the monitor is turning off. It's not, because it almost immediately comes back on. If I were to push the power button, it takes a moment for it to turn off and on. But the black it turns is definitely "the backlight is off" and not "the screen is rendering a black image".

It is not a monitor issue, however. Any other games are fine. Dark Souls is the only game that causes this. I've tried any resolution from 720p to 1440p. I've tried toggling all other options in DSFix (AA, AO, AF, DoF, etc.) from max to off individually. I've tried turning off texture overrides (as I've been trying to use mods as well).

I've even tried turning off FPS delimiter (i.e. able to go beyond 30 FPS cap). That has not fixed it either. I've tried going back to older AMD drivers. That hasn't fixed it either.

I don't really know what could possibly be the issue. :|

And due to the nature of this game, the issue is game breaking. The screen will go black for anywhere from a split second to 10 seconds.

Has anyone else had this issue come up? Anyone find a solution or have heard of others who have?

I know I've played Dark Souls with DSFix before, but not on this computer. It is such a strange issue (causing my monitor's backlight to effectively go off) that I just don't even know where to start after all that testing.

That is so strange.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

well i have a ps4 dualshock because the two thumb stick have a more dildo like feeling which is nice. and i can connect with a cheap ass bluetooth dongle. Best controller ever LOL

I too have a DualShock 4 as a replacement controller for when keyboard + mouse wouldn't be feasible for whatever reason. I connect it with USB, and it works fine. Too bad the button mappings in games show it as an Xbox 360 controller though... As I don't use controllers much, I get a little confused, even though I do know what they would be on a PlayStation controller, it just takes a bit longer to realize, and in action-heavy games that kind of downtime would not be exactly ideal.

I wanted to use a DualShock 3 instead due to it feeling more like the previous controllers (I had a PS2 for about 7 years until I made the mistake of selling it), but when I bought one second-handed, it was DOA, and without return policies. And since at the time there was nothing else available second-handed than one DualShock 4 that was still in the original packaging, I got that instead, and haven't had problems ever since. Would still have preferred DS3 instead of DS4 if it weren't for more complicated setting up and the slippery triggers, though...

But since even despite having one, I still use keyboard + mouse on games which would be better played with a controller, it's not getting much use... I've been away from consoles for so long, that controllers are almost a foreign object to me now, and it would take time to learn to use them again, so I'll just stick to what I know...

myon_11_by_mazume-d6ydwcb.jpg

I guess I really am lazy...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

people shit on the "Go" version a lot, but it's really not THAT bad.

the fact that it uses the TT characters seems to inflate expectations.

I know what all of those do that's helpful except for the dragonflies. What do they do?

primarily nom on those fucking parasite mosquitos, which if I'm correct have zero ecological use beyond being fodder to feed other insects. 

Error: 410

-snip-

that image is hurting my brain, the controller looks like a super nintendo controller but the console does not look like a super nintendo

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

It is bullshit indeed. There shouldn't be a problem for such device to run properly on Win7 and 8.1 since they don't differ a lot from each other. Microsoft is trying too hard to push Windows 10 and updates in general. I got logged out of Skype a few days ago and couldn't log in unless I updated to the latest version... fk u ms

Looking at Win10's market share, Micro$oft isn't succeeding at all.

jCtlDLU.png

There wouldnt be a problem. But microsoft sucks. They know 10 is bad and realize they have no chance of selling it if they dont force it on people.

WFmUigo.png

Blarg

Are you on 2.0 like the beta build. Other then that like helping said you have a nice recipe for a bugged game.

I tried both Steam base build & the beta (which is technically out-dated). Agreed.

That is so strange.

I KNOW RIGHT. A bug that turns your back light off.

I emailed the guy (Durante/Peter) who made DSFix. I doubt he'll respond but we'll see. It is such a weird issue. 

I guess I really am lazy...

Regarding DS4's, 

The dual shock is, imo, the best controller. Primarly because it is symmetrical. This makes logical sense to me as the best controller layout, partially because your hands are symmetrical. I don't understand the pro to an xbox controller layout. Some say "your thumb naturally goes to the thumbstick", but I guess my thumbs are weird. I have medium to small hands (it's in between those sizes). The Dual Shock setup is perfect to me.

I've mentioned it before, but you can't do certain things on the Xbox controller that you can with a Playstation controller. Specifically, play Kingdom Hearts 1 at high levels of skill (or at least, easily anyway). 

You have to be able to use the D-Pad, both thumb sticks, all 4 face buttons, and at least 2 of either the trigger or shoulder buttons at the same time. Or at least I do. 

This involves using the dual claw grip. Which is only effective on a Dual Shock:

r3qPB0W.jpg

But with both hands. Consider trying such a thing on an Xbox controller:

maxresdefault.jpg

You can't accurately control a thumb stick with your knuckle. But a D-Pad? Yes. You can.

Regarding that anime image of Super Mario World,

She has over 500,000 score and that's the first Haunted House. Somebody is back tracking.

people shit on the "Go" version a lot, but it's really not THAT bad.

the fact that it uses the TT characters seems to inflate expectations.

Eh. It's shit because it's not the old series, basically.

† Christian Member †