Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I will in due time...

As for Shigatsu, it's not another Clannad, that's for sure... it's a different flavor of drama imo...

(I'm itching to write something but I'm uninspired...)

Hmm i see, it really seemed like clannad in that sense.

this is what

Oh god.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Great...

There goes that bit of helpful info.

But ya need to figure out how to get the latest beta drivers. Because I know they work fine once you have them installed.

It's k. That is good to know that I can use xrandr to make new display settings and apply them to xorg-xserver. :D

Will do. 

Time for Vision of Escaflowne. :D

vision-of-escaflowne-6-1024x768.jpeg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Do your best to ignore there noses... It's hard

:o

I didn't notice them until you said something. 

YOU BASTARD.

Oh wow, they actually have noses. Awesome.

I have a feeling (just a feeling) that this will give me feels. Just maybe. 

now-and-then-here-and-there.jpg

I've decided to rewatch Now and Then; Here and There after this series from beginning to end. If the last episode gave me such feels such that I would cry, I can't imagine what I'll experience if I actually have build up this time.

Note that the above image isn't the art style of the anime. Here it is:

2335.gif

45f03016043f298ba1499e2ae4f1b4d0e1491fdf

e504f91e585033a419b7258f0f5cf662fd8ed1ad

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

lol

Ok so its been awhile since i saw the anime but towards the end of the show for whatever Reason Minorin and forgot the Guy with glasses suddenly told Taiga that ..she actually Liked the MC and not Him..like what? they NEVER hinted anything like that in the anime...as far as i can remember. Anyway, they started to argue and Taiga runs away and MC tells his friends that he likes Minorin and she likes him as well but "taiga is my best friend and she deserve happiness" or something and then they tell MC to go after her........i might have remembered some part wrong but yeah...eff it.

this is what

What was it? If by "that" you mean what i think you do, then LOL.

This is one of those things that I found really underwhelming and made it erase itself from my head. A lot of times I see some of the supporting characters and never recognize them. End up curious for who that is and what it's from only to realize "oh it's from that one anime that I keep forgetting I saw"

It was an alright ride to the end. Typical tsun activities. At the minimum, I don't remember anything in it making me mad.

Yeah, the ending was expected (at least they had the courtesy to end it) but it kinda went out with a fizzle, like everyone realized the day was over and unenthusiastically performed the closing ceremonies that are more or less only ritual;

"hey congtats u win the tigerbowl, get your shit and get the fuck out, we're closing"

"ok cool, ty for the really nice ribbon"

and then everyone quietly shuffles their way home.

seemed generally overhyped to me, I saw it a very long time ago and I don't (and don't think I did) understand what's so good about it.

Error: 410

This is one of those things that I found really underwhelming and made it erase itself from my head. A lot of times I see some of the supporting characters and never recognize them. End up curious for who that is and what it's from only to realize "oh it's from that one anime that I keep forgetting I saw"

It was an alright ride to the end. Typical tsun activities. At the minimum, I don't remember anything in it making me mad.

Yeah, the ending was expected (at least they had the courtesy to end it) but it kinda went out with a fizzle, like everyone realized the day was over and unenthusiastically performed the closing ceremonies that are more or less only ritual;

"hey congtats u win the tigerbowl, get your shit and get the fuck out, we're closing"

"ok cool, ty for the really nice ribbon"

and then everyone quietly shuffles their way home.

Yeah, you gotta end that shit with a bang or it won't register.

WOO, VISION OF ESCAFLOWNE FITS MY MONITOR PERFECTLY.

.... >monitor is currently at 1024x768 resolution

Oh, that explains it (old anime is 4:3 and that is a 4:3 resolution). 

So everything will be stretched. Great I guess.  

† Christian Member †

Yeah, you gotta end that shit with a bang or it won't register.

WOO, VISION OF ESCAFLOWNE FITS MY MONITOR PERFECTLY.

.... >monitor is currently at 1024x768 resolution

Oh, that explains it (old anime is 4:3 and that is a 4:3 resolution). 

So everything will be stretched. Great I guess.  

Hah haa! Meanwhile I am sitting here with glorious 1280 x 1024 resolution... with a 550 Ti... (that's drivers at least work... :P)

Better get used to 4:3 resolution or just watch everything in windowed, like I do: I dislike full screen videos and games on 4:3 or 5:4 aspect ratio, so I want it windowed (1280 x 720) or if that's not an option for some reason, letter boxed 1280 x 720. Widescreen is just used everywhere which makes 4:3 and 5:4 awkward to use, and while some of the screen estate might seem like is going to waste, I do use the remaining 304 pixels somehow.

Heck, even if I were to actually bother to turn my 1080p TV that has been gathering dust for 2 years into a second monitor (or replace this current 1280 x 1024 one due to it's high-pitched sound it emits when it's turned OFF at night), I'd probably stick to 1280 x 720 in windowed most of the time, and use the rest of the screen estate for something else.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

shame

Added to the list. Will watch after NaT;HaT. Kawaii face is kawaii.

post-2414-0-65468700-1443417090_thumb.pn

I did it for the face. norly.

post-2414-0-54270200-1443417223.png

Vision of Escaflowne Episode 1:

I like it so far (I could just stop there).

Obviously religious imagery is evident in this series. I like this because I recognize a lot of it.

The Tower tarot card is specifically the Tower of Babel from the Bible, I imagine, because if you know that story it makes perfect sense in why it represents separation. 

Medieval Dragons and mecha? Yes. Just yes.

And this show seems imaginative with how they do action sequences: i.e. the dragon running atop the red path marker things to a Japanese Shinto shrine. 10/10 on that one. Plus the dragon (at least this one) looks like a chicken as it walks. Again, me gusta.

@CatCloud, you weren't kidding. Like Ski Slopes. Their noses would be just as effective weapons against a dragon's scale-y hide, I imagine.

† Christian Member †

Editting in my thoughts on the first episode of VoE atm...

well, I'm not really vouching for it. There are better things to watch. I tired Hidamari and got bored out of the first episode.

well, I'm not really vouching for it. There are better things to watch. I tired Hidamari and got bored out of the first episode.

... i am editing here and u quote mi? y?

Then why did you mention it? ... Like, I don't get the reference if there is one. Is it a notably stretched anime? confused

Sorry to put a stink in your memeing, but ya. I don't know why you'd say that. Inside joke I guess. I'll probably find out when I watch it.

† Christian Member †

@CatCloud, you weren't kidding. Like Ski Slopes. Their noses would be just as effective weapons against a dragon's scale-y hide, I imagine.

YEP! Cant unsee it either...or forget. Its still fresh in my mind, every time they zoom in on a characters face.. it was impossible not to notice.

Is like Fanservice for Nose lovers. 

Also on the subject of Toradora, I just realize something! Every anime by that Studio is like a play trough of Skyrim.

No matter what character you pick youll go trough the same but slightly different shit.

No matter how you Save Whiterun you'll end up with Lydia.

62891784.jpg

Edit:

ermegewd

... i am editing here and u quote mi? y?

Then why did you mention it? ... Like, I don't get the reference if there is one. Is it a notably stretched anime? confused

Sorry to put a stink in your memeing, but ya. I don't know why you'd say that. Inside joke I guess. I'll probably find out when I watch it.

It is a notably stretched anime, everyone has a face so wide it would have an impressive drag factor when simply walking.

If you were to google "hidamari wide" you'd get pages filled with meme goodness.

It is a notably stretched anime, everyone has a face so wide it would have an impressive drag factor when simply walking.

If you were to google "hidamari wide" you'd get pages filled with meme goodness.

This is an accurate statement.

130109137337.jpg

† Christian Member †

On my somw shot of patron.....so, I have a qwawpfoow fowf jo peeps.  Who does vitus think he is?  He likes my post buts like he ran over a guy with his truck.  He had the fan service peeps.uiiiiiiud0afpoisf.  freh guy though...he should has some sake.  He depre pooooooooooasdffffffffffaa

Look!  it's Vitus now!.  Why'd you do its?  Were you jealous of the bike...that likes why you like my posts?  To redeem your burrito coupon?  You can't have it okay?  I'm gunna go throw up now.

Drunk, or seizure?

Edit: totes drunk because I doubt a seizure would last 11 minutes without you being dead or unconscious.

† Christian Member †

Finished Working!! season 3

The comedy was not as good as the other 2 seasons, the romantic part was alright for a SoL, but i insist sometimes they have serious moments regarding romantic relationships, and they don't progress anymore, or progress slow as fuck. Ofcourse i'm talking about MC-Inami, there is progress, but very little.

The 1 hour special to give closure to the series looks like a fantasy anime, wth was that?

It gets the same 5/10(Average) score as the other 2 seasons, if the comedy was on par with the other 2, it would have been better.

Now idk if i'm going to watch Jitsu wa Watashi wa or Gangsta.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

well I just did my first crimping it turned out well so I did it three more times. I wanted to tell someone so im telling you guys

next step running ethernet though the attic and drilling a hole in my wall

after that saving up a nuff money for a freenas server,switch and possibly a another router

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Finished Episode 2 of Vision of Escaflowne.

Was enjoyable. Fighting was a little weird, but eh (bad placement of combat lead to people "teleporting" to places they wouldn't actually have been for dramatic effect. Was distracting). 

Lots of usual anime stereotypes, but mostly ones I don't mind or I do like.

@CatCloud The more I look at the noses, the more I feel like they are good examples of what actual noses on anime characters would. Only 2 things: Excessively curved, and they need more variety (for example, I have a rounded nose, but everyone in this anime has a pointy one). 

But ofc anime always exaggerates features. 

well i just did my first crimping it turned out well and i wanted to tell someone so im telling you guys

Omega_good_job.jpg

† Christian Member †

Mfw the guy won't get back to me about the sli 980's I want :(

post-121932-0-67875300-1443424449.jpg

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

its probably because you look like your going to stab him with your pen.

and I just might do that too xD

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

SORRY NOT SORRY

LMAO can't help

But slap this gem up again

Spoiler
Spoiler

SORRY NOT SORRY

LMAO can't help

But slap this gem up again

There is just something especially magnificent about that video.

Imagine the work it took to make back before 2009 when it was made (the first time I saw it, I was a Freshman in High School). 

One saving grace about having your /home on a separate drive from root: As long as you have the same UID, username & password, all your files stay. :D @Opask

it's just perfection , and whoever made it needs to be praised like a god or something like that

You had me until that last bit.

† Christian Member †