Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

@Vitalius

For reference when I list VGA devices the fury X gets recognized as a 7300 series card:

opask@SpaceHeater:~$ lspci | grep VGA01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 7300 (rev c8)

Obviously the drivers aren't fully supporting fury x's yet.

Also the package is fglrx-updates. If you were installing the just normal fglrx driver then you should be able to get the updated one from the same (non-free) repo.

When I installed I never even bothered with the normal fglrx because the AMD beta drivers were always way ahead of it.

And that's what confused the crap out of me when I was dealing with the 15.7 & 15.9 drivers from AMD's website. 

tremor@oblivion-deb:~$ lspci | grep VGA01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 7300 (rev c8)

This is what I ran just now:

tremor@oblivion-deb:~$ sudo aticonfig --initial No protocol specifiedUninitialised file found, configuring.Using /etc/X11/xorg.confSaving back-up to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.original-0

And if I try to reboot or restart the xorg server, I get to that screen with a single _ and no interface at all. I see the CLI load for a split second, but then it immediately swaps to the _.

So I delete that xorg.conf file and replace it with the backup (which is blank).

Back when I attempted to use the .deb from AMD (the Linux one), I got this:

tremor@oblivion-deb:~$ sudo aticonfig --initialaticonfig: No supported adapters detected

Which I ran that lspci | grep VGA after to see if I saw the Radeon 7300 GPU (I did). 

Thank you for helping me. I'll probably reinstall my system tonight and try those tomorrow. 

Just to be clear, I just run the following to get those drivers?

tremor@oblivion-deb:$ sudo apt-get install flgrx-updates

I don't have to install any other fglrx package? And of course I have to have the non-free repo added to my sources.list.

And just in case you don't know, fglrx-control is the Catalyst Control Panel. Kinda cool imo even if it is mostly useless (you can't configure much from it). But you can see cable bandwidth (i.e. my UW 1440p display uses 48% of DisplayPort's max bandwidth). 

CCC seems to work ok on KDE.

maybe you want to join the military?

I wouldn't read into dreams that much. 

If I did, it'd mean I'd want to be a teleporting ninja who can do the kamehameha. 

.... Ok, maybe there's something to reading into dreams, because I totally want to do/be that.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

12065769_1499747287007500_62678328744224

12019952_1495396417442587_57426342688973

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

If I did, it'd mean I'd want to be a teleporting ninja who can do the kamehameha. 

.... Ok, maybe there's something to reading into dreams, because I totally want to do/be that.

always read into dreams, except when you want no part of the dream, like most of mine are

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

maybe you want to join the military?

I'd like to keep my distance with our military... but I do support our troops out there in the West Philippine sea (in the middle of the ocean... on a beached ship from WWII... to defend against invading Chinese forces...)

-snip-

I once dreamt about the 2011 earthquake aftermath in passing and ignored it...

Edit: Now playing Da Capo II...

who else is looking forward to Owari no Seraph season 2?

The ones who watched season 1 :P

Including myself

honestly, at this point I don't care about the monogataris anymore

probably won't bother watching it

Yeah me too, didn't even finish season 2. I guess i'll finish it some day.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

And why is easy to come up with that theory?

Because all the classic signs were there:

A magic-pixie-dream-girl is shown in a hospital early on, who doesn't seem to care about anything more than just playing her heart out on the stage no matter what the judges think... yeah, she's probably at death's door, or will be soon. And since Japanese stories don't shy away from death or bittersweetness, she's probably not surviving it, if the story respects itself. Plus the MC has a convenient traumatic past of his own that she can help him get over, and he can therefore give her life closure so she can accept her fate.

It's what I'd classify as the good kind of obvious setup, if they play their cards right.

I'd like to keep my distance with our military... but I do support our troops out there in the West Philippine sea (in the middle of the ocean... on a beached ship from WWII... to defend against invading Chinese forces...)

I once dreamt about the 2011 earthquake aftermath in passing and ignored it...

Edit: Now playing Da Capo II...

good luck with that, theres no way anyone could defend against the chinese army except a combonation of all of Russia's troops and all of the US's troops

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

good luck with that, theres no way anyone could defend against the chinese army except a combonation of all of Russia's troops and all of the US's troops

Agree...

Which is why I'm bailing while I'm ahead... I cannot see myself having a good future in this country... I'll most likely return when it's time to pass my wisdom or when it's time to retire...

11225076_1482056768776552_50727543547182

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Agree...

Which is why I'm bailing while I'm ahead... I cannot see myself having a good future in this country... I'll most likely return when it's time to pass my wisdom or when it's time to retire...

where do you plan to go? Canada, US, Japan, somewhere in europe?

Spoiler

where do you plan to go? Canada, US, Japan, somewhere in europe?

Japan or Canada... The EU is a mess right now...

also

3b262c7248.jpg

-said by a character in a game

Japan or Canada... The EU is a mess right now...

also

snip

-said by a character in a game

canada is a mess too xD 

f this shit im goin to Europe or japan  

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

canada is a mess too xD 

not as messed up as the US

Spoiler

canada is a mess too xD 

Screw everything and let's go to Mars! Let's take the internet with us too!!

Screw everything and let's go to Mars! Let's take the internet with us too!!

but it will be sooooooooo slow

Spoiler

Because all the classic signs were there:

A magic-pixie-dream-girl is shown in a hospital early on, who doesn't seem to care about anything more than just playing her heart out on the stage no matter what the judges think... yeah, she's probably at death's door, or will be soon. And since Japanese stories don't shy away from death or bittersweetness, she's probably not surviving it, if the story respects itself. Plus the MC has a convenient traumatic past of his own that she can help him get over, and he can therefore give her life closure so she can accept her fate.

It's what I'd classify as the good kind of obvious setup, if they play their cards right.

Oh i get it. I haven't seen anything about it yet, i'm planning to at some point. Knowing it's a feelsy anime if i see that, then it's pretty obvious. I mean there's always hope for happy stuff to happen, or at least i always have it :P

It's not a bad story anyways, even if you can predict what's going to happen.

Personally, i get to a point where some episodes i even forget that i kinda know what's going to happen, and end up getting attached to the characters anyways and go to feeladelphia when shit goes down. So it's not terrible.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

And that's what confused the crap out of me when I was dealing with the 15.7 & 15.9 drivers from AMD's website. 

This is what I ran just now:

And if I try to reboot or restart the xorg server, I get to that screen with a single _ and no interface at all. I see the CLI load for a split second, but then it immediately swaps to the _.

So I delete that xorg.conf file and replace it with the backup (which is blank).

Back when I attempted to use the .deb from AMD (the Linux one), I got this:

Which I ran that lspci | grep VGA after to see if I saw the Radeon 7300 GPU (I did). 

Thank you for helping me. I'll probably reinstall my system tonight and try those tomorrow. 

Just to be clear, I just run the following to get those drivers?

I don't have to install any other fglrx package? And of course I have to have the non-free repo added to my sources.list.

And just in case you don't know, fglrx-control is the Catalyst Control Panel. Kinda cool imo even if it is mostly useless (you can't configure much from it). But you can see cable bandwidth (i.e. my UW 1440p display uses 48% of DisplayPort's max bandwidth). 

CCC seems to work ok on KDE.

Assuming the debian non-free repo's are generally the same as the ubuntu ones than ya that should work.

Also you did try what the debian wiki said right?

And yep CCC seems to work but half the time it doesn't actually save any of the config options you change and they just get reset on reboot. You really just need to edit the settings manually in the terminal if you want them to stick on reboot.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

To the question of whether I am trying to start a war, it was a similar question asked to Makarov about whether he wanted to cause a disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWALglyiapY#t=36s

The darkness must be vanquished, come haters of fairy tail, and be converted to the way the truth and the light.

ACCEPT THE LIGHT  !!!!!!!!!!!

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I am watching Hyouka. The sole instigator is @MyInnerFred since I keep seeing his avatar and gifs all over this thread. I suppose It made me curious.

1dNcGVf.gif

Oh on the grounds for a promotion! I hope you enjoy watching the series. 

sample_086c4c49ce0980feea6e1af470049db5e

Yay!

http://i.imgur.com/YIWATGi.gifv

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Oh on the grounds for a promotion! I hope you enjoy watching the series. 

Yay!

http://i.imgur.com/YIWATGi.gifv

what why does he get a possible promotion for watching?

Spoiler

To the question of whether I am trying to start a war, it was a similar question asked to Makarov about whether he wanted to start a catastrophe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWALglyiapY#t=36s

The darkness must be vanquished, come haters of fairy tail, and be converted to the way the truth and the light.

Sir I think your in the wrong place for that. If anything is spreading here, its touhou.

5df59a0bdf88edb7122933cbc5a8cd19a5f0f3e4

The doors over there. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Anyone who watches Hyouka is on my good book even if they don't like the series.

http://i.imgur.com/0bHi4Hm.gifv

i watched it and liked it, yet i got no possible promotion

Spoiler

It's not a bad story anyways, even if you can predict what's going to happen.

Personally, i get to a point where some episodes i even forget that i kinda know what's going to happen, and end up getting attached to the characters anyways and go to feeladelphia when shit goes down. So it's not terrible.

Sure. I don't think that knowing what'll happen is a bad thing in and of itself, nor even having the story be obvious about the things it needs to set up. As usual, it's the journey, not the start or end, that really matter to me. Which is why I couldn't connect with this anime in particular... I didn't like the characters or comedy, and I got the impression it was another of those "only the key scenes are done well" anime. It didn't help that I found the way they portrayed the MC and his mental disorder fairly distasteful, and that I had just gone through a terminal illness in my immediate family at the time. So I figured I should bail before I got upset, since it wasn't my kind of anime to begin with.