Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

LMAO shots fired 

~high five removed ~

i removed it

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

LMAO shots fired 

~insert high five here~

~High Five~

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Just to add to Krimsin: Its super gross when a 14 just grows a mustache and thinks "Oh my first facial hair lets keep it"

Don't do it. Shave it off until you can grow a real mustache. No one likes facial pubes.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Just to add to Krimsin: Its super gross when a 14 just grows a mustache and thinks "Oh my first facial hair lets keep it"

Don't do it. Shave it off until you can grow a real mustache. No one likes facial pubes.

it really doesn't look bad, i would show you but 1. i want to keep hidden, and 2. everything else is ugly

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

UNFF MY EUPHORIA IS PLEASED!!!

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

HALP, It won't STAPH!

6503e9c404c2ce96011f0aed8acf4866.gif

ONES AND ZEROS!!! ONES AND ZEROS!!! ONES AND ZEROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

your lie in april spoiler

I guess my theory about it after watching on or two episodes must be true, then, even if I don't read the spoiler (not that it was a tough theory to come up with).

I guess my theory about it after watching on or two episodes must be true, then, even if I don't read the spoiler (not that it was a tough theory to come up with).

And why is easy to come up with that theory?

giphy.gif

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Taiga is one of the main characters from ToraDora

@Vitalius it's a classic series to many, you should give it a go. Same person who made Golden Time.

UNFF MY EUPHORIA IS PLEASED!!!

@Oshino Shinobu Here we go again!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

slower you slut

make Euler proud

Ended up going into task manager to close it, shit was making the whole program stutter. 

I don't know why you can't.

I'm using fglrx updates which is the beta driver and its been working fine.

It is in the default repos on ubuntu though so I haven't really had to mess around with them.

Also I'm on kernel 3.19 so that really shouldn't be an issue.

Could you elaborate on your problem though. Like either I missed it or I'm totally lost. Is it just messing up when you try to install it?

That post I quoted was from the forums.debian.net website where I asked what my issue was. 

Hmm, I'll try that next then. 

Good to know. 

My problem is that no driver I attempt to use will see my Fury X and use it adequately. 

I've tried the Open Source AMD drivers for Linux. Didn't work. They are installed by default. 

I've tried the .deb file from AMD's website under "Ubuntu 64-bit Linux drivers for AMD Catalyst 15.9". I also tried this method with the generic Linux 64-bit driver package & 15.7. Neither worked. Running "sudo aticonfig --initial" returned "no ati adapters found" for 15.7, and on 15.9, it makes an xorg.config file that won't let my system boot. Or, won't let it get to an interface (CLI or GUI).

Usually a bad xorg.conf file just makes you use a CLI and no desktop environment, but this one causes the CLI to switch to a blank screen with a _ and nothing else. Typing does nothing. 

Then I tried manually installing the Open Source drivers via "apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-all" (which installs all Open Source Radeon drivers, just to be safe), and that didn't work either. Here is the package page for that one.

So then I tried installing fglrx drivers (regular proprietary drivers, not beta ones) via apt-get (from the non-free debian repo). This broke symlinks to the modules necessary to run 3D rendering stuff (similar to the issue the quote I put up there said I have now), and seemed to not install the driver correctly as it wasn't loaded by xorg like it should've been. LibGL, mesa stuff, etc.

The most success I've had with this was getting the desktop to recognize my monitor's true resolution (3440x1440), but I don't remember which method got me to that, but I do remember that although it did that, it didn't see my Fury X, and that meant no gaming.

Using an ultrawide 1440p monitor at 1024x768 resolution sucks balls. 

I am just so tired of this. I'm going to make it work, but I am tired of it. 3 weekends. That's how long I've been trying to get this to work.

And the only safe/reliable way I can think of to get back to "clean" as that quote I posted mentioned is to reinstall Debian. Again. This is probably the 6th or 7th time. 

Here is my thread on forums.debian.net: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=124929

If you don't want to click that, here is the pertinent info list:

• Debian 8.2 Jessie
  • AMD R9 Fury X
  • Kernel 3.16
  • I reinstall before attempting to install GPU drivers to be safe and sure that the system is clean.

It's infuriating.

Edit: And my fury (GET IT? HAHAHHA) subsides temporarily because there's a new episode of Moonbeam City out now! :D YAAAY

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

@Vitalius it's a classic series to many, you should give it a go. Same person who made Golden Time.

@Oshino Shinobu Here we go again!

It starts October 3rd only being aired on Crunchyroll

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Oh, Downloading something large from mega.nz gives a good example of how much my "real" bandwidth is from my RAM to my PCI-e SSD. 

The file downloads first and is stored in RAM. Then it asks where you want to save it and it dumps from RAM to Disk. I'm seeing 700MB files transfer in like 1-2 seconds. It is nice. 

I'm working on re-seeding my Sorted Mega Wallpaper Dump soon (so it actually links to Mega for seeding as well as my own computer), and I'm working on setting up a torrent for that one thing I mentioned earlier (PM me for link, club members only).

So yeah. Just letting you guys know.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It starts October 3rd only being aired on Crunchyroll

honestly, at this point I don't care about the monogataris anymore

probably won't bother watching it

Error: 410

it really doesn't look bad, i would show you but 1. i want to keep hidden, and 2. everything else is ugly

No mustaches that people start at 13 and try to cultivate over a few years are always hideous. I have yet to see an exception. Do the world a favor and put it out of its misery. Someday it will come back and be stronger than ever.

who else is looking forward to Owari no Seraph season 2?

Spoiler

No mustaches that people start at 13 and try to cultivate over a few years are always hideous. I have yet to see an exception. Do the world a favor and put it out of its misery. Someday it will come back and be stronger than ever.

it really doesn't look bad, and i haven't been cultivating it i have just been letting it grow, though very slowly

Spoiler

@Vitalius

For reference when I list VGA devices the fury X gets recognized as a 7300 series card:

opask@SpaceHeater:~$ lspci | grep VGA01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 7300 (rev c8)

Obviously the drivers aren't fully supporting fury x's yet.

Also the package is fglrx-updates. If you were installing the just normal fglrx driver then you should be able to get the updated one from the same (non-free) repo.

When I installed I never even bothered with the normal fglrx because the AMD beta drivers were always way ahead of it.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

honestly, at this point I don't care about the monogataris anymore

probably won't bother watching it

I am pumped for them, I am getting my hands on the LN's for the series finally

|King Of The Lost|

I am watching Hyouka. The sole instigator is @MyInnerFred since I keep seeing his avatar and gifs all over this thread. I suppose It made me curious.

1dNcGVf.gif

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Had a weird half-lucid dream...

In it I was a trainee for rangers/marines... was defending a bridge (bridge looks like something from the surface levels of black mesa) from terro attacks with an Intervention AMR and a G36...

successfully defend and commander in chief comes to congratulate... then plot twist since the commander in chief was in cahoots with the terros... and then I woke up...

wtf?

Had a weird half-lucid dream...

In it I was a trainee for rangers/marines... was defending a bridge (bridge looks like something from the surface levels of black mesa) from terro attacks with an Intervention AMR and a G36...

successfully defend and commander in chief comes to congratulate... then plot twist since the commander in chief was in cahoots with the terros... and then I woke up...

wtf?

maybe you want to join the military?

Spoiler