Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Question for all the weebs out there.

Specifically, weebs that have bought official merch or such n' such from Japan.

Context

I'm interested in purchasing some merch from NijigenCOSPA. The problem is, they don't do international shipping, and -- as an alternative -- suggest using a third-party forwarding service for international buyers.

Also open to alternatives to NijigenCOSPA that ship to the U.S. For the nitty-gritty details, I'm looking at ゆるキャン△ / Yuru Camp △ / Laid-Back Camp merch:

I'm aware that some of the items are on back-order.

Main Question

Internet has suggested the following forwarding services:

• Tenso
  • Big in Japan
  • Baggage Forward

This is probably the only instance where I don't particularly care how much shipping costs are between competitors. So long as nothing's missing, and all the items arrive in tip-top condition, I'll be satisfied.

Which third-party forwarding service(s) have you used, and how was your experience with them? Say:

• The wait time between placing the order and receiving the package.
  • Any nuances with payments -- paying in USD or Yen, conversion rates, import duties, additional customs fees.
  • Whether a tracking number was included, and if said tracking was on-point. Or if the tracking abruptly changed / stopped for any reason (e.g. switching carriers in the U.S.).
  • Whether there's any limit to how much or how heavy the order should be.
  • If the package was lost or damaged, was there any form of buyer protection or reimbursement?

Thanks in advance? 😁

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

I have never seen this before so I thought i was here before this blew up but yeee

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

2 hours ago, Eschew said:

Question for all the weebs out there.

Specifically, weebs that have bought official merch or such n' such from Japan.

Context

I'm interested in purchasing some merch from NijigenCOSPA. The problem is, they don't do international shipping, and -- as an alternative -- suggest using a third-party forwarding service for international buyers.

Also open to alternatives to NijigenCOSPA that ship to the U.S. For the nitty-gritty details, I'm looking at ゆるキャン△ / Yuru Camp △ / Laid-Back Camp merch:

I'm aware that some of the items are on back-order.

Main Question

Internet has suggested the following forwarding services:

• Tenso
  • Big in Japan
  • Baggage Forward

This is probably the only instance where I don't particularly care how much shipping costs are between competitors. So long as nothing's missing, and all the items arrive in tip-top condition, I'll be satisfied.

Which third-party forwarding service(s) have you used, and how was your experience with them? Say:

• The wait time between placing the order and receiving the package.
  • Any nuances with payments -- paying in USD or Yen, conversion rates, import duties, additional customs fees.
  • Whether a tracking number was included, and if said tracking was on-point. Or if the tracking abruptly changed / stopped for any reason (e.g. switching carriers in the U.S.).
  • Whether there's any limit to how much or how heavy the order should be.
  • If the package was lost or damaged, was there any form of buyer protection or reimbursement?

Thanks in advance? 😁

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/

Adachi and Shimamura (Funimation, MyAnimeList)

Tags: Yuri, Romance, High-School Girls

Originally a light novel series, though there's an anime adaptation.

Summary

Two awkward personalities try to figure out what relationships mean to them.

Hm.

I guess it's yuri, but, found it boring.

• Can't deal with how slow-paced and transparent purely romance anime series are. Too much focus on thoughts and feelings for my taste.
    • Plot progression takes a backseat in favor of metaphorical emotional monologues that take way too long to explain the character's feelings. Might be a side effect of being adapted from a light novel.
    • Conversations and reflections of their relationship turn into a bunch of tiptoeing-on-eggshells type of deal. I always find eggshell scenarios frustrating to watch.
    • No comedy to break up the emotional tension.
  • Opening and Ending Themes are so-so.
  • Seiyuus do a decent job portraying their characters. Not too attached to any of them, though.
  • Adachi started off interesting in Episode 1, then adopted the Love Makes You Dumb and tunnel-vision infatuation trope. Meh.
  • The heck is the alien even doing in this show.

I could see it appealing to a certain audience that might find the show / plot relatable. Maybe for folks that liked ささめきこと / Whispered Words and 青い花 / Sweet Blue Flowers.

Might've even found it a bit interesting, if I'd watched it 10 years prior.

Now? Honestly, not something I'd consider re-watching or actually reading.

It's the plot / premise that I find dull. Classic struggle between the desire to evolve the relationship, and the fear of breaking the status quo. The series takes itself too seriously.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

I started code Geass it's really good

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

ranking of kings, had some stronger starting episodes.

However the episodes currently is a big mixed, also the animation is not as great in places it should be a little smoother or detailed.

It might save whatever budget it has for other episodes and backgrounds, but... right now, getting a mixed feelings for the shows quality.

However, the story still seems to hold something, if not it starts repeating itself and hope it regains some of the impact it had in the first few episodes.

As for code geass, its fun and has a spectacle about it, but towards the end you would either be fine with it, or feel some moments are bit meh.

I am really mad.

image.thumb.png.a17805842a8f78d61129f1dc2aa051be.png

I can't watch code geass on chrunchyroll but funimation has some bad dub (unless I get a subscription), so I guess I am gonna use netflix *sigh*

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Started watching Jahy - it's pretty funny.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

• 2 weeks later...

I started Jojo ... With all the hype, I can say that I'm utterly disappointed.

I'm on season 1, and finished episode 9 today, and I really don't get it. It's bad, it's hard to follow and overall feel like it was written by a 10 year old with ADHD. It took me 3 months to get there because every time I watched an episode, I came out confused by how bad it was, VS all the praise I keep hearing.

I've seen shows and movies being heavily criticized for less issues.

After today I decided to drop it, there are better shows than this.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

8 hours ago, WkdPaul said:

I started Jojo ... With all the hype, I can say that I'm utterly disappointed.

I mean if you can get into some of the content it can be "just for fun".

But like you say it can be confusing, more so if you didn't watch them together.

Also that each season is quite different in both look and theme, some might prefer one season over another.

Some people like some of the randomness in it I guess, but like, the memes are better 😛

don't know who gave you that hype... but it was me DIO, all a part of my plan!

8 hours ago, WkdPaul said:

After today I decided to drop it, there are better shows than this.

true, now get some russian vampire waifu in you.

Edited by Quackers101

3 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

I mean if you can get into some of the content it can be "just for fun".

But like you say it can be confusing, more so if you didn't watch them together.

It's not about taking "breaks" in-between episodes and being confused because I don't remember something, it's the writing itself, the plot convenience and plot armor is completely ridiculous.

Spoiler ;

Spoiler

During a fight, it's explained that ripple energy can pass through metal because it's conductive, and then that rule is immediately broken on the next episode (he can't attack Tarkus through the chain, that's 100% plot convenience).

In the episode where he fights Tarkus in the castle, it's repeatedly said he can't break the chain, even with his Ripple energy, yet after Zeppeli dies and transfer his energy, he can (this I would technically forgive if it wasn't the 100th time they did something similar).

Or the part where they make a kite out of leaves, they didn't established the location, and so, through the fight with Bruford it feels like they're in one location, to just randomly jump into another location when they flee Tarkus on the leave kite.

It genuinely feels like it was written by someone that have little to no attention span, and it's confusing and frustrating to follow. When I finish an episode, all I remember is those nonsensical details and events.

For me, it's absolutely NOT enjoyable as a show.

I can suspend disbelief when watching shows and movies, but Jojo feels like a disjointed mess where plot armour, and plot convenience is the main driving factor. It's VERY badly written.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

21 minutes ago, WkdPaul said:

Started Parasyte, pretty good IMO.

yes its pretty good, sadly there was a wish for more and towards the ending. you either like it or not, how that goes. 😅

On 11/28/2021 at 5:14 PM, sub68 said:

I am really mad.

image.thumb.png.a17805842a8f78d61129f1dc2aa051be.png

I can't watch code geass on chrunchyroll but funimation has some bad dub (unless I get a subscription), so I guess I am gonna use netflix *sigh*

This is why i hate "official" streaming sites. 

especially those that use dubs with changed dialogue/censored/cut content.

Locking down the original japanese language, is just asking to get a wave of hate over yourself.

Don't even feel guilty about using a "illegal" site, as Crunchyroll themselves also started out as a Illegal site before  they wen "legal'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunchyroll#Origins_and_illegal_distribution

not forgetting with current trends [see the Crunchyroll 'high guardian spice' disaster] you see where they really want your money to go to.

in other words: Woke trash that no true anime fan likes. even 3 years ago when it was announced they got a wave of hate, because people did not want their subscription money to go to "Woke crunchyroll originals" but actual anime, yet it fell on deaf ear, and they lost tons of subs 3 years ago, and now again after they released that dumpster fire, they call a "Original anime".

AND No i am not trying to Justify Illegal streaming. 

I personally hate it when a official/legal site censors, changes dialogue, and cuts entire scene's just because it does not fit in the "current woke" view

Like netflix did with evangelion:

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/6/24/18701179/netflix-neon-genesis-evangelion-kaworu-gay-backlash

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

9 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

ot forgetting with current trends [see the Crunchyroll 'high guardian spice' disaster] you see where they really want your money to go to.

in other words: Woke trash that no true anime fan likes. even 3 years ago when it was announced they got a wave of hate, because people did not want their subscription money to go to "Woke crunchyroll originals" but actual anime, yet it fell on deaf ear, and they lost tons of subs 3 years ago, and now again after they released that dumpster fire, they call a "Original anime".

yeah I don't have subscriptions to any anime site

10 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

I personally hate it when a official/legal site censors, changes dialogue, and cuts entire scene's just because it does not fit in the "current woke" view

Like netflix did with evangelion:

I use my famileys netflix account

11 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

This is why i hate "official" streaming sites. 

especially those that use dubs with changed dialogue/censored/cut content.

Locking down the original japanese language, is just asking to get a wave of hate over yourself.

agreed

11 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

AND No i am not trying to Justify Illegal streaming. 

I might torrent code geass...

But neflix will still be fine for me.

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

23 hours ago, Arika S said:

https://i.redd.it/06f9r5vqk9681.png

Netflix hasn't learned anything have they?

1 they already ruined their Deathnote live action to the point the director had to delete all his social media for the backlash it generated

2 they ruined cowboy bebob, and filled it with woke propganda

3 now they want to make a live action Megaman.

at least it does something good, it blocks netflix from making any more live action anime adaptations, as if their live action Megaman is just as bad as their 2 prior attempts, they will get more hate than ever for making a 4th live action movie.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 minute ago, grimreaper_slm-thg said:

who watches anime anymore when you have pomu

Because some of us are not letting virtual avatars of dudes with a voice changer take over our lives?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

12 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Because some of us are not letting virtual avatars of dudes with a voice changer take over our lives?

I think I have to agree with this statement even though i dont watch anime 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

23 hours ago, grimreaper_slm-thg said:

who watches anime anymore when you have pomu

Because you can watch different subjects.

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I finished season 1 of code Geass and holy crap that's a good series imo.

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

On 12/20/2021 at 10:41 AM, TetraSky said:

their not always dudes and their not taking over our lives, google is.