Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Long time; no post.

I've been enjoying watching Spy X Family and will be watching Cyberpunk: Edgerunners when it comes out.

I have to say, I was very disappointed in The Boys: Diabolical. It had a gem here and there, but was mostly a waste of time for me.

My nephew is watching the Ocean Cut of Naruto with his friends. It seems like a major upgrade.

Anyway, I'll probably be around more often going forward.

A reminder that Heaven Society has a Discord where we chat, talk about anime and many other things like games, cars, investments, technology, and the like. Join if y'all'd like:

https://discord.gg/KK8AUQa

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

2 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

I've been enjoying watching Spy X Family

I have been watching that, yes good series been waiting for chrunchyroll to let everyone watch it.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Man, the recent chapters of One Punch Man have been Peak anime bullshit and I'm here for it. Can't wait for it all to be animated. A god damn Serious Sneeze... Are you kidding me lol

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Man, the recent chapters of One Punch Man have been Peak anime bullshit and I'm here for it. Can't wait for it all to be animated. A god damn Serious Sneeze... Are you kidding me lol

if they can capture the feeling of the first anime season. the good combat, but decently fun slice of life interactions, something that felt very different in 2nd season (some good action or scenes though). Both had an issue with "story".

devil is a part timer 2nd season, too different not so great and adding some generic anime themes, could be there is some fight scenes soon?

but lacking some of the charm the first one had, and look/animation.

Abyss started, seems to be positive for its second season.

Overlord s4... they mess with their goals each season and sometimes more times per season, some fun aspects left, but can get more confusing from previous goals. Also a need to build up the characters more, as the series feel more and more empty, but a few bits and pieces to get it going again.

On 8/4/2022 at 12:30 PM, Quackers101 said:

Overlord s4... they mess with their goals each season and sometimes more times per season, some fun aspects left, but can get more confusing from previous goals. Also a need to build up the characters more, as the series feel more and more empty, but a few bits and pieces to get it going again.

As a light novel reader I can understand why some of the content is cut due to time. It's a shame though. Hopefully the movie covering the holy kingdom is good.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Tokyo Ghoul

I thought this would be interesting. 

I only now realize how controversial this anime is. What do you think about it?

Personally it was one of my favorites if not the favorite when I first watched it. When I attempted to rewatch it I couldnt continue after the 4th episode. I would say the first season is still barely watchable. The constant "reboots" can certainly be annoying in the following seasons however what I had liked about this was the message. Yeah now I realize it is not original at all but it was for me at the time. Idk how you feel about it but I think messages can be quite interesting.

Edited by LogicalDrm
For merge

2 hours ago, Wictorian said:

Tokyo Ghoul

I thought this would be interesting. 

I only now realize how controversial this anime is. What do you think about it?

Personally it was one of my favorites if not the favorite when I first watched it. When I attempted to rewatch it I couldnt continue after the 4th episode. I would say the first season is still barely watchable. The constant "reboots" can certainly be annoying in the following seasons however what I had liked about this was the message. Yeah now I realize it is not original at all but it was for me at the time. Idk how you feel about it but I think messages can be quite interesting.

Merged to megathread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Do people that get genuinely annoyed by anime enjoy Naruto? 

Like the anime isms like.... You know what I mean. 

Do non anime people like Naruto? 

Does Naruto have a lot of anime tropes or does it actually stand out on its own by not using anime isms like at all. Like avatar the last air bender has maybe 10 anime ism moments throughout the whole show. 

I saw this boxer called Israel and he's my favorite athlete because of this video I saw on YouTube and he thinks he's Naruto or something.

Well, he's the only athlete of notoriety to me because of that video

33 minutes ago, fpo said:

Does Naruto have a lot of anime tropes or does it actually stand out on its own by not using anime isms like at all.

I think it stands out. 
also it is extremely popular (why else does it have like 1000 episodes)

I personally haven’t watch it and I should ask my friends about it. (Actually one movie but It’s not enough to describe the show) 

33 minutes ago, fpo said:

Like avatar the last air bender has maybe 10 anime ism moments throughout the whole show. 

Because avatar isn’t (technically) a anime.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 hour ago, fpo said:

Do people that get genuinely annoyed by anime enjoy Naruto? 

Like the anime isms like.... You know what I mean. 

Do non anime people like Naruto? 

Does Naruto have a lot of anime tropes or does it actually stand out on its own by not using anime isms like at all. Like avatar the last air bender has maybe 10 anime ism moments throughout the whole show.

Both children show. Bad thing about naruto, it repeats a lot but has some good animated action (some memes). Some chapters can be ignored though or is less enjoyed. It has a decent enough world building for the time it was created, some added by the "side missions" or movies.

Avatar is just a better build world and use of it. Even though I find some episodes to drag a lot more, but it keeps up in everything else?

As with naruto, dragon ball, one piece, being similar and too much to catch up in episodes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 5:05 PM, Kotonoha said:

wats your favorite pokemon move

1661536481000546.gif

Splash.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 9/2/2022 at 9:56 AM, badday19 said:

I recognize the MC but can't recall from where. Gave it a solid search to no avail. My apologies for failing you.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 hours ago, JLCitadel said:

I recognize the MC but can't recall from where. Gave it a solid search to no avail. My apologies for failing you.

thank you for trying

• 4 weeks later...

I really liked the orange Fanta part in EoE. Such an endearing funny anime film. If you like Slice of Life you will enjoy it with the rest of the anime

• 4 weeks later...

WTF I JUST SAW EDGERUNNERS AND ITS SO ANNOYING

Spoiler

rebecca was totally the best girl and cared about the guy from the beginning and after she lost her brother literally nobody gave a shit about her and the guy continues chasing lucy even tho lucy did absolutely nothing for him besides picking him up from the street and acting cute/crazy in the first episode. after that she was distant all the way ???? and they literally just have sex for the lols cause their work is depressing and thats what he threw all their lives away for? lucy litterally cared more about her own private goals but because she is hot and found him at a vulnerable moment he became her pet dog? i wish i could say it is stupid but that is literally just how the real world works. so sad

• 2 weeks later...

Just started watching FLCL. Episode 1 is a true riding on shooting star experience. The creators smoked more pot than azumanga animators. And if you've ever seen the Osaka's dream sequence you know what I mean

• 4 months later...

some shows to come, and maybe some other ones.

attack on titan the last last last episode? (season 4 part 3 last episode)

OPM 3?

More Dr. stone

Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2

a new fate movie or show.

Mushoku Tensei: jobless reincarnation

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Swordsmith Village Arc

to some shows that takes many months or a year to get over to the english or non-american side, if at all.

Edited by Quackers101

3 hours ago, rrats said:

Is this thread still alive?

Ish

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang