Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
1 hour ago, Arika S said:

stop trying to make live action anime, there has NEVER been a good adaptation

It's a easy cash grab for something that already has a existing fanbase, plus they can have media taut how it's nostalgic.聽

There are very few live action adaptations that have actually been good.聽

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

2 hours ago, Arika S said:

What about Rurouni Kenshin movies they were good?

"Whatever happens, happens." -聽Spike Spiegel

13 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

What about Rurouni Kenshin movies they were good?

the movies were "good" but as an adaptation of the source material it wasn't great. for me they are more supportive material to the anime and manga as opposed to a recreation of them, which is probably why it was better than most other live action adaptations

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

8 hours ago, Ashestoashes said:

I couldn't help, but think of Soul Society after reading the title of this thread. Man, I love Bleach.聽

Unfortunately the name of the thread wasn't a reference to that.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

On 9/5/2021 at 5:42 PM, Arika S said:

The Gintama live action movies were hilarious, but comedy is pretty subjective so I don't blame others if they found that one not to their liking.

Arch is better than Ubuntu. Fight me peko.

15 hours ago, JLO64 said:

The Gintama live action movies were hilarious, but comedy is pretty subjective so I don't blame others if they found that one not to their liking.

Western live action adaptations generally are pretty bad.聽

Japanese ones are a bit different. They've had more success than Western ones.

16 hours ago, JLO64 said:

That was actually pretty funny, being a Gundam fan.

3 hours ago, Bitter said:

That was actually pretty funny, being a Gundam fan.

Gundam in theory could work well in live action, but the results were less than memorable the last time they tried that.

Arch is better than Ubuntu. Fight me peko.

1 hour ago, JLO64 said:

Gundam in theory could work well in live action, but the results were less than memorable the last time they tried that.

Gundam doesn't even always work in animation LOL!

On 9/5/2021 at 8:42 PM, Arika S said:

Even monster Hunter live action looks horrible.

Everyone,Creator -聽鍒濋煶銉熴偗 Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo聽 500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5聽2400 - lenovo聽CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD -聽dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD聽

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang聽聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽

9 minutes ago, sub68 said:

Even monster Hunter live action looks horrible.

i refuse to watch it. There is more than enough content from the games they could have made a good movie of....instead they made a fucking isekai

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

i refuse to watch it.

I do too, I watched the trailer and after 10 seconds exited the tab.

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

There is more than enough content from the games they could have made a good movie

Yes, excpt they made it totally off topic

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo聽 500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5聽2400 - lenovo聽CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD -聽dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD聽

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang聽聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽

13 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

Let's not bring up that abomination Monster Hunter movie.

Ok fair

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2021 at 5:42 PM, Arika S said:

I thought Alita was alright

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post.聽

My System: i7-13700KF聽// Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix聽// MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi聽// 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32聽//聽Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE聽//聽Corsair 5000D Airflow聽// Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7聽//聽Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive聽//聽Displays: LG Ultragear聽32GP83B x2//聽Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

I thought Alita was alright

i couldn't watch that movie all the way through. i might have liked it if they didn't trip, fall and tumble alllll the way down into the uncanny valley with the creepy as hell eyes.

Large anime style eyes in realistic recreation is unsettling

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

i couldn't watch that movie all the way through. i might have liked it if they didn't trip, fall and tumble alllll the way down into the uncanny valley with the creepy as hell eyes.

Large anime style eyes in realistic recreation is unsettling

It was about 10 thousand times better than say, Ghost in the Shell or Death Note though.

My System: i7-13700KF聽// Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix聽// MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi聽// 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32聽//聽Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE聽//聽Corsair 5000D Airflow聽// Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7聽//聽Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive聽//聽Displays: LG Ultragear聽32GP83B x2//聽Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

6 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

It was about 10 thousand times better than say, Ghost in the Shell or Death Note though.

death note isn't that great anyways, or at least as a whole for the episodes. the scenes and some of the first moments/episodes are pretty good though.

also my gripe with a lot of anime, sometimes they only try to get one theme done or subject while failing in so many other areas. Which might make the story suffer or any other part to changing drasticly in the later episodes or seasons.

From One Punch Man, first the focus was fun action to second season that had to push such a heavy workload on sewing the story together with how the first season ended. Built to fail, not that there was something positive about each season and what else they can pull out of it.

3 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

death note isn't that great anyways, or at least as a whole for the episodes. the scenes and some of the first moments/episodes are pretty good though.

Death Note had one thing and only one thing good about it:

Willem Defoe聽

I haven't watched too many shows recently, but I started watching How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom

Spoiler

And when Juno started singing Give a Reason, I really lit up. Grew up on the old Slayers.

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

So Chainsaw Man looks interesting from the trailer.

Also from some people that are watching say it's good.

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

chainsaw man, dont know if the title brings what it wants to be. But at least short and somewhat about what it is about?

As the religious aspects to control and god like powers, seems fun and if they can bring it well into the world. But hope the world got some weight to it, as they could easily just kill off characters way too quickly or creating a mess. Or to just make the focus the darker things rather than any character building.

But what I don't get is why people rate Tokyo Revengers so high, like the first 10 episodes or so were not great and kinda awful at times but a few decent scenes. To me there was little attachment to the characters, or not given enough time with them together. Friendships out of nowhere (maybe explained later) and maybe it solves to become a bit better later on... but it just feels like its missing so many details to even care about it.