Watch Dogs PC "ultra" specifications revealed

Snickerzz

LOL you would fold the crap out of them wouldn't you? :D

no actually I quit folding a while back because i needed some money so I did litecoin. But @Whaler_99 still honors me with the award despite me even telling him I was quitting. I do really appreciate him :)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

no actually I quit folding a while back because i needed some money so I did litecoin. But @Whaler_99 still honors me with the award despite me even telling him I was quitting. I do really appreciate him :)

Yeah @Whaler_99 Is a pretty cool guy and its really cool of him that he still lets you keep the badge :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Im betting that the GTX 780 is due to them using TXAA which does a huge performance hit.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

The PC was the primary platform for Watch Dogs so it's actually not a port.

But the fact that it is available on consoles means that it had to be developed with them in mind.

I'm just taking this with a grain of salt, the pre-rendered stuff looks good, the actual gameplay footage I've seen looks "meh".

Haha, figured most people would doubt it.

"What? They've finally managed to make use of an i7 for gaming? Don't believe it. i5 is fine."

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

It's probably horribly optimized. Game doesn't look that great from the footage I've seen. The i7/8350 kind of makes sense since you have control over the city and all that but 780?

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Specs seem perfectly fine to me, the absolute minimum gpu I would have thought to run this at ultra 1080p and constant 60fps would have been a 770. So not much higher than what I expected.

Haha, figured most people would doubt it.

"What? They've finally managed to make use of an i7 for gaming? Don't believe it. i5 is fine."

But why i7? Most people buy good GPU's not CPU's and usually when a game needs a good CPU it is because of bad optimisation and considering that what we have seen so far from this game hasn't been too impressive people doubt if an i7 is justified.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I call bs unless they release it very unoptimized or they're playing with some crazy AA on 1080p + resolution

Yes. It's ultra

But why i7? Most people buy good GPU's not CPU's and usually when a game needs a good CPU it is because of bad optimisation and considering that what we have seen so far from this game hasn't been too impressive people doubt if an i7 is justified.

Because literally every npc is an AI that you have to calculate for.

It's next gen, get rid of any preconceived notions you might have

Probably for settings that don't matter.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

if this is true then this gamemight be unoptimized 

most if not all new games rely a lot less on the CPU

you will get the same fps on bf4 if u had a modern dual or quad core etc on ultra

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

At what resolution, and for what FPS? If a game requires a 4770K it's very unoptimized I think... And why a -K part why not just 4770? What are they aiming at Ultra as an enthusiast-only option?

I'll believe it when I see it. I call BS

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Damnnnn a 4770k? I really need to upgrade :C but atleast game devs are actually taking the full advantage of the the horse power pcs have :)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-pc-ultra-specifications-revealed/1100-6418973/

People always demo on hexa's at stock instead of OC I5's/I7's. They always have a high GTX card in there as well (Nvidia marketing). I am thinking the I7 being recommended is AMD marketing.

In the end the only way a I5 would bottleneck a 560Ti (that they "recommend") on a single player RPG (lol yeah right), is if this is the worst optimized game of all time and Ubisoft has one upped themselves and does this crap on purpose because they feel people pirate their games instead of people not wanting to use uplay rootkit, and or being ticked off about their optimization (this is the same company who told PC gamers to buy a new video card if the game ran bad and said PC optimization isn't important lol). 

I don't put poor optimization past Ubisoft, but as soon as you see "8 core" in the recommended? You should be thinking BS.

1.Consoles use 6 of 8 pseudo cores on a 1.6-1.7ghz mobile CPU that is much slower clock for clock than a desktop one. A tech article on Infamous Second Son said how it only uses 6 "cores".

2. Everyone knows the I7 is not an 8 core. AMD is still selling their "integer cores" as cores but people who look at the chips know that is BS. If you are sharing two cores on one section that isn't a core. You have to share resources and one core can be "waiting"  while the other "core" uses them. This is why the I5 is faster in games. AMD console chip is same deal. 2 "cores" on 4 sections of the die. So basically this game is using 6 "threads" at 1.6-1.7ghz, but we need an I7? LOL.

I will believe it when I see it. If the I5 can't play this game well? Then Ubisoft is to blame and it will come to light. Every single next gen game has run slightly better to quite a bit better on the I5 pre mantle, and mantle just closed the gap. ESO runs better on an I3 then a 8350 and that is a MMO...and not a single player RPG.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

In the end the only way a I5 would bottleneck a 560Ti (that they "recommend") on a single player RPG (lol yeah right), is if this is the worst optimized game of all time (...)

1.Consoles use 6 of 8 pseudo cores on a 1.6-1.7ghz mobile CPU that is much slower clock for clock than a desktop one.

Except that there are no similar games like watch dogs out there. WD has fairly advanced AI for all the NPC's to a degree that has never been seen on an openworld sandbox game. AI is completely CPU bound.

Furthermore the game has a wind simulation system tied into its physics engine. That is completely bound to the CPU as well, manipulating trees, shrubbery, debris, clothes, cans on the ground etc.

All of this takes up a lot more CPU power than we are used to, and it does it parallel in multiple threads.

Casually concluding it's poor optimization is simply not very constructive. When a game introduces these things we have not seen in an open world sandbox game before, all being CPU bound, obviously it is going to take a lot more power to run it.

Also what do you mean pseudo cores? They are jaguar cores, which are no more pseudo than Intel's.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

yay i can finally put my 2600K and gtx 780 to work

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Damnnnn a 4770k? I really need to upgrade :C but atleast game devs are actually taking the full advantage of the the horse power pcs have :)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-pc-ultra-specifications-revealed/1100-6418973/

I think this requirements are for people who are gaming in 4K and want 120 FPS..

Specs: [CPU: Intel i5-4570(Clock to 3.6Ghz)] [GPU: Dual-X R9 270x 2GB] [RAM: x1 HyperX Blu 8GB 1600] [OS: Win8.1]

Even from the PC trailer the graphics didn't look overwhelming to be honest, i'm calling bullshit on these specs

thats just ambitious

Character artist in the Games industry.

why do i think it's gonna be like CoD Ghosts 6GB Ram requirement bs

anyway we'll wait and see

CPU: i5-4690 | CoolerCRYORIG H7 |GPU: PowerColor TurboDuo R9 280X OC RAM: G.skill RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9Motherboard: ASUS B85M-E | SSD: ADATA XPG SX900 128GB |HDD: Western Digital Caviar BLUE 1TBCase: Cooler Master K281PSU: SeaSonic ECO 600W | Monitor: Samsung S24D390HL 24 Inch PLS

1353885462cuHrA27uwm_5_7_l.jpg

So from that I glean that in CoDBlops2 4X TXAA performs the same as 8X MSAA but will look "better" as TXAA is based on quality output at the expense of performance.  Those numbers are damn impressive from 680 at that resolution though.  I doubt my 670 could reach anywhere near that.

Do the 7XX series cards handle TXAA better?