Bring back member titles! (and two more requests tacked on with the power of editing)

WhitetailAni
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,
4 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

I know I posted this in November, but it’d be nice if we could get at least acknowledgement by staff, even if it is a “no, sorry”.

The guide you posted from IPS does not restore the unique functionality of member titles; It would just be adding a generic text field that would show under member usernames where anybody could write whatever they want.

Due to the functionality being removed by the forum software developers there's no plans on bringing back custom member titles at this time.

According to Invision Community's 4.6 update page, it's possible to bring back custom member titles.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/462409-46-how-to-restore-custom-member-titles/

Invision Community 4.6 brings a brand new achievements system which overhauls the ranks system along with adding the ability to earn points which translates into a higher rank via rules.

As part of the clean-up, we removed the custom member title from the author section of the post as there's a limit to how much information we can show comfortably!

Of course, some communities used custom member titles and wish to continue using them. Fortunately it's easy enough to get them back.

Step 1: Log into the ACP and navigate to Members > Profiles > Profile Fields

Step 2: You will see a group called "Retained", inside is a new custom field called "Member Title". This profile field was used in the upgrade to save the custom member title data. Click on the pencil icon to edit.

ACP-1.jpg

Step 3: Post upgrade, this field is effectively switched off, but it can easily be switched back on. For the "Display format for topics" choose custom and just use: {$content} as the value. This will remove the "Member Title:" prefix. Save the changes.

ACP-2.jpg

You will now see the member title has been restored.

I'm not sure if this will work for us as the forums isn't exactly stock Invision Community but it's worth a shot. I know that at least 4 people wish member titles were back.

EDIT:
If possible, could the Member title text be replaced with the user's current rank, thus disposing of the stupid icons?

It makes much more sense to do this (sans member title)

image.png.dba1e78943903c1336a19aa1edd70954.png

Than this:

image.png.7ea34c0c978190cde61bda7c03d4a2d3.png
To me.

I don't mind the post count being 4K or 3.4K instead of 4008 or 3398 and the answer count there, but could location be added back under the member icon?

elephants

ALL FOR IT!!!

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

19 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

I know that at least 4 people wish member titles were back.

Add me and now it's 5

01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 00110111 00110000 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100011 01101000 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01110011 01101101 01100001 00100000 01110011 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01110100 01110110

Audio Interface I/O LIST v2

i concur, despite the fact that I haven't used it once (or even know how to)

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

Honestly I don't really care if we have member titles or not - just get rid of this stupid ranking system which unnecessarily takes up space on my screen with a needless icon, and I'll be happy.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Wait theyre gone?

Yea bring those back

Edit: theyre not gone, at least not everywhere.

Im still the Saraphim Here

image.png.677d3f559f66b5e2f425da213af2fed5.png

9 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Honestly I don't really care if we have member titles or not - just get rid of this stupid ranking system which unnecessarily takes up space on my screen with a needless icon, and I'll be happy.

and the ranking system is broken anyways, the points to rank up is either nedlesly hidden on desktop or not there, on mobile its unther the 3 line menu in the top right

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

the points to rank up is either nedlesly hidden on desktop or not there, on mobile its unther the 3 line menu in the top right

They apparently commented that out for some reason. I can easily remove comments and see it.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

Just now, RockSolid1106 said:

They apparently commented that out for some reason. I can easily remove comments and see it.

My school has inspect blocked, can you post a screenshot of it?

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

My school has inspect blocked, can you post a screenshot of it?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3a1bcd0528e2137b6d3fb6a17e897439.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.05d968f553f690e0c728272eae3dca9c.png

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

VPN Server Guide

Just now, RockSolid1106 said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hm.... That seems to be implemented corectly, i wonder why its commented out...

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake; You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else; We are all part of the same compost heap; We are the all singing, all dancing, crap of the world"

I edit my posts more often than not

19 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake; You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else; We are all part of the same compost heap; We are the all singing, all dancing, crap of the world"

...but I'm no expert

This made me laugh way too much

elephants

52 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

What the- why!? Why make my life so much easier!? /s Thanks

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

2 hours ago, rickeo said:

I just realized they were gone. 😞

It's funny though, I see them when I click on my profile in the top right and it brings the drop down menu down from before the update.

1030416235_MemberTitle.thumb.png.d7a7cc98384fa381aae0ae894f8a900a.png

On a side note, I still want them to bring back sound notifications, push notifications really suck. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

If you make your browser windows smaller or are on mobile click on the menu and you can see it:

screen.png

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

16 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I(dio)Tcracy at its finest.

This.

Also everyone excluding staff and affiliates is Member, imo it should be the title of whatever "rank" you currently have rather than member.

I'd like text over icons and the exact post count, and solutions shouldn't show up there, but not everything's possible I know.

Fixed

image.png.32733de0a227cd94aaba83ce73824ff2.png

6 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

Fixed

image.png.32733de0a227cd94aaba83ce73824ff2.png

Now you'll just have to write a JS script to do that for all the profiles every time you visit an LTT page..

Also

image.png.dba1e78943903c1336a19aa1edd70954.png

Edited by RockSolid1106

^

VPN Server Guide

On 11/17/2021 at 8:35 PM, FakeKGB said:

could location be added back under the member icon?

That too, they just commented out for some reason. I just added the script to my extension and I can see the location below all the profiles..

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.83fe5c5adb2311df6f99e2d7f18a7427.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6d49fa58b498b19241514f7fa25adbc2.png

^

VPN Server Guide

7 hours ago, Caroline said:

does that work with tampermonkey?

asking for a friend /s

Yeah, it works with tampermonkey it seems. I just installed that and tried it and it seems to have worked.

Code for tampermonkey:

Spoiler
// ==UserScript==
// @name         New Userscript
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @description  try to take over the world!
// @author       You
// @match        https://linustechtips.com
// @icon         https://www.google.com/s2/favicons?domain=linustechtips.com
// @grant        none
// @require      http://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.6.0.min.js
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';

$('aside ul').contents()
                .filter(function(){return this.nodeType === 8;})
                .replaceWith(function(){return this.data;})
})();

I can give the code for all other customizations too.

You could also check out my extension, it does all the stuff mentioned in this thread, except for the member titles(thread derailed quite a bit so yeah lol): https://github.com/RockSolid1106/LTT-Sidebar-customizer/

Spoiler

image.png.4f8a91fccb78819736815f4b575cf3f2.png

^

VPN Server Guide

On 11/18/2021 at 4:20 AM, SignatureSigner said:

ALL FOR IT!!!

Me To

Bring them back or we riot! (not really)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Bring it back has my vote also.

It gave each person some depth beyond just the avatar. (imo'z)