The new $999 stand? Apple releases $19 polishing cloth

tikker
55 minutes ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

Clearly it does belong here if a moderator commented on it. 

Hm well that ofc nullifies everything else including the guidelines for the Tech News forum.

I guess Apple provided a service yesterday. By

- adding the notch

- offering the cloth

PCMR has sth left to be salty and nag about, rip „funny“ jokes. This thread is proof.

This cloth will be blocked for 90 days if you forgot to wash your hands using sanitizer.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 hour ago, tikker said:

Apply has released it's own polishing cloth compatible with anything from your iPod Shuffle to the latest macbook. Get yours now for only $19.00 or €25

There real question however is can the cloth be repaired? Where is the teardown video?

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

There real question however is can the cloth be repaired? Where is the teardown video?

Ill make one if you buy the cloth. 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

17 minutes ago, BuckGup said:

I agree I just don't get why people are so upset. It's expensive for a microfiber cloth but not unruly like $99 or $49

True. Perhaps my title was too aggressive. It feels too expensive, but it's not like I'm mad angry about it or something. Apparently they used to come with the display and you could contact support for more: https://support.apple.com/nl-nl/guide/mac-pro/apd1cf09caf2/mac They just realised instead of giving them away they could sell them.

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Do you really want to pull that thread? Who know's what you might unravel before they tie up loose ends. I'll see myself out.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

I'm assuming we would have to cross ship and I send the cloth to you first?

yeah probably 

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

If their displays do get damaged by using some random cloth (I don't mean some random microfiber cloth, either) then it makes sense to sell something that people can buy, and know they're using the correct item.

inb4 people start leaving it inside the laptop to avoid the screen getting smeared by the keyboard when closed

but end up with a broken screen due to apple "low tolerence" design engineering and the extra thickness of the apple certified cloth

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Perfect, all I need is your address and credit card details... 

laughing-haha.gif

I dont got a credit card but i do have my parents so gimme a minute...

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

5 minutes ago, tikker said:

Do you really want to pull that thread? Who know's what you might unravel before they tie up loose ends. I'll see myself out.

That deserves a...

giphy.gif

Very well done, I approve 👍

8 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Perfect, all I need is your address and credit card details... 

laughing-haha.gif

Don't forget the Social Security Number and mother's maiden name

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

19 minutes ago, leadeater said:

We have to wait for iFixit. The score has to be atleast a 6 or else Apple can simply fuck off.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

13 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:
1 hour ago, dizmo said:

inb4 people start leaving it inside the laptop to avoid the screen getting smeared by the keyboard when closed

but end up with a broken screen due to apple "low tolerence" design engineering and the extra thickness of the apple certified cloth

a cloth never was and most probably won‘t be a problem.

These are just a surplus of disposable hand wipes kept in every Apple executive suite restrooms. 🙄

Anyone gonna mention how that cloth is gonna look super dirty quickly since its all white?
Well I guess that is a "feature" telling you that you should wash the thing, rather then try cleaning a screen with a dirty rag.

3 minutes ago, DeScruff said:

Anyone gonna mention how that cloth is gonna look super dirty quickly since its all white?
Well I guess that is a "feature" telling you that you should wash the thing, rather then try cleaning a screen with a dirty rag.

It's a collectors item not a cleaning cloth 😉

7 minutes ago, DeScruff said:

Well I guess that is a "feature" telling you that you should wash the thing buy a new one, rather then try cleaning a screen with a dirty rag.

The patented time-for-a-new-one technology.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

48 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

a cloth never was and most probably won‘t be a problem.

a cloth that thick probably can be a problem

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

For 19.99 it better be cleaned with the elixir of immortality and be sewed with unicorn hair!

I seriously want a Johnny Ive like video explaining why this cloth is special.

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

That won't happen because the cloth was made in mind with Apple products and was specially optimized to fully utilize the Mac hardware and software/s

1 minute ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

That won't happen because the cloth was made in mind with Apple products and was specially optimized to fully utilize the Mac hardware and software/s

thank god, then.

For a second i was already earing Cook at press release saying to the user base that they are using it wrong

Apple haters desperately casting around for something to hate in the wake of the industry changing AS MBP launch. Whew, an overpriced microfiber that nobody has to buy that doesn't want to. Finally, they can sleep easy.