Hey is this kind of joke made by Linus still appropriate in 2021?

Seol.chi

https://youtu.be/mvk5tVMZQ_U?t=3990

Here is the joke in question. As an Asian male who has grown up in both mostly white, mostly black, and asian communities, I feel like I've heard all the jokes. I get it, it is a joke. What I'm asking is whether or not Linus is the type of person to make comments about just any race for fun, or if he should be allowed to make this kind of joke to hundreds of thousands of people. This kind of thing is really damaging to any asian kids growing up, I could easily imagine many of them want to go into tech, reinforcing the stereotype and bringing them down about any part of their body could be harmful. I'm not so much personally hurt (again I've heard it all), but I wonder what this is saying about him and whether he wants to rethink his approach here.

I think reducing your perception of someone's opinions about a thing to a single joke he's made about them is worse than any joke he could have made.  

The simple fact is that Linus has strong relationships with people from myriad backgrounds (the joke was about his WIFE, FFS).  This proves beyond a reasonable doubt his character.  

But the core of it, to me, is that we're currently in a culture that tells people to stay in their lane, culturally.  I won't speak to the merits of that, but I will say this: the best friends in the world are the ones with whom you're comfortable letting down your guard and being yourself.  The fact that he can do that with his friends -- and, more importantly -- his audience, shows how much he thinks of us.  

Please don't give him reason to lower that opinion.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

It's a joke.  If it bothers you, sorry.  But jokes aren't meant to be nice. They don't see boundaries. If your offended by that, never watch a Mel Brooks movie then.  People need to learn the difference between a joke and actual racism/bigotry.  

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

2 hours ago, Seol.chi said:

Here is the joke in question. As an Asian male who has grown up in both mostly white, mostly black, and asian communities, I feel like I've heard all the jokes. I get it, it is a joke. What I'm asking is whether or not Linus is the type of person to make comments about just any race for fun, or if he should be allowed to make this kind of joke to hundreds of thousands of people. This kind of thing is really damaging to any asian kids growing up, I could easily imagine many of them want to go into tech, reinforcing the stereotype and bringing them down about any part of their body could be harmful. I'm not so much personally hurt (again I've heard it all), but I wonder what this is saying about him and whether he wants to rethink his approach here.

Haven't you noticed?

Global warming is melting all the snowflakes.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

He said his Schlong fits his wife well cause she's asian and he's not well endowed. 

Linus simply admitted he has a small penis. 

What's the big deal?? roflmao.

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

That's called an excuse.  Bigoted jokes are still bigoted.  Just because they make you laugh doesn't mean they are going to be towards the group the joke is targeting.  In fact, they can get you targeted, blacklisted, or even in legal trouble.  It also says a lot about the character of the person making the joke and excuse. 

"Bigoted (re: subjective) jokes are still bigoted (re: subjective)." Stop projecting.

"My friend is black" is not an excuse, for example, to make jokes about the race.

What? You don't need an excuse to make a joke. If comedians could only joke about their own race, culture, and circumstances, comedy would have had a hard time existing all these years. Sure, many have a better perspective by which to find material in their own life experiences, but many comedians can develop and execute material across the spectrum.

Observation and comedic discourse about life should not be stunted by your limited view of humanity. Stop confining things to sex, race, and creed, as that's the slippery slope to segregation. 

11 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Sure, they can be bigots all they want.  It's just a prank bro!  Let's all put on some black face and dance around for a good ol' laugh!  How dare we judge them!  Let's stereotype for a laugh too!  Nothing wrong with belittling people over their race, gender, etc as long as the comedian and/or their fans are having a good time.  Everyone else who suffered is just sensitive.

Now I think you're just trolling me. I know sarcastic people like this quote really exist in the world but I don't have the time or inclination at the moment to help.

I'm usually not that sensitive to racist jokes and whatnot but I think the problem here was that it went on for quite a while and it was just not funny. 

Also, I think all the people going "it's just a joke bro. Linus doesn't care. He has an Asian wife so it's fine". Remember when he was informed about him using some racist term (can't remember what it was, gypped maybe) and promptly apologized and even told Luke to not use that word anymore?

Before you jump in to defend Linus and say he doesn't care, maybe we should give him some time to maybe adress it himself? 

I feel like this forum is full of Linus Stans who will defend him no matter what, and that's a really bad attitude to have. I'm not even necessarily saying he was wrong for making the joke, but I feel like maybe the people defending him wouldn't have defended it if it was someone else who said the same things. 

On 10/10/2021 at 7:07 AM, Seol.chi said:

or if he should be allowed to make this kind of joke to hundreds of thousands of people.

I personally don't think anything of it, I'm Asian, but of course I don't represent everyone else

If everyone can't say anything that offended anyone, then we'd evolve to not have mouth

Edit: I actually laughed at it, is a pretty good joke imo

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just my thoughts but I don't see the big deal. It was a joke, they had a laugh. It wasn't racist and if people can't make jokes about topics then it leads to bigger problems like not being able to talk about things or get past them which leads to more issues.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

13 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Just my thoughts but I don't see the big deal. It was a joke, they had a laugh. It wasn't racist and if people can't make jokes about topics then it leads to bigger problems like not being able to talk about things or get past them which leads to more issues.

PSHHHHH you will offend the snowflakes.

Jokes and comedy are a thing, to be so easily 'hurt' by them signifies a deeper problem, likely a coddled upbringing. These people are normally refereed to as snowflakes.

Here's the thing. if a person starts down the snowflake route, its only going to get worse. 'Normal' people wont like being around them more and more as they get more perpetually offended by the smallest of things. As more and more people distance themselves from them and tell them they're to sensitive, or a 'snowflake' ..they'll get more angry, more hurt. And so the it continues until they possibly end up one of those deranged people screaming at nothing and acting like children often used in memes online.

Basically, suck it up, dont be a snowflake.

Coincidentally, if ur offended by , or feel offended on behalf of som1 or group of others, by this very statement ...ur kinda proving the point 😛

#nopoliticsintended

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 10/9/2021 at 4:07 PM, Seol.chi said:

How does not having the biggest shlong affect your will to get into Tech? I'm curious. Like if it was a joke on how every single computer science YouTuber is Indian (it's as common gag amongst CS students), then I can see the connection. But the size of your shlong and what your significant other can take? That seems like completely unrelated topics that should not affect one another. I guess if you and someone else in CS is fighting for a girl and loosing out affects your will to continue in the program... but at that point that's more a lack of self respect. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

As the great comedian Steven Hughes put it:

"Great!  BE offended.  Nothing happens when you are "offended".  You don't suddenly wake up the next morning with leprosy because you got "offended".

Comedy is often funny because it highlights the kernels of truth in stereotypes.  When that crosses the line into bigotry--the joke teller is the one who will eventually be ostracized and bigotry will naturally wane (collectively) over time.  The issue is that--currently--there are simply too many people trying to virtual signal to each other (i.e. hybrid drivers in South Park sniffing farts)--and that has created an atmosphere where humor isn't possible.

And if there's one thing that survivors of autocratic, totalitarian, fascist or communist regimes will tell you...it's that when humor goes (becomes unpermissable, inadvisable, etc) there's no hope left for that society.

On 10/10/2021 at 5:55 AM, valdyrgramr said:

Nope, just an anthropology major who doesn't find this kind of bigoted humor amusing.

That's an opinion. Yours, actually. Which you are entitled to. Just as anyone else who disagrees with your opinion is entitled to theirs :old-eyeroll:

Now, English isn't my native language, but as far as I can tell, the subject of Linus' joke was: Linus. Not Asian males, neither in general nor specifically targeted.

And frankly, there are much, much more worse things happening in this world ATM 😠

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Does a joke offend you? Then stop watching said person that makes the jokes. FFS have you ever watched Dave Chappelle or George Carlin or Isaac Butterfield? Those guys are super funny and they say some crazy off the wall stuff because ITS FUNNY!!! Not because they are racist assholes, you people are the worst kind of people.

20 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

My opinion holds more weight as it's using facts.

Ah yes, another opinion.

21 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The other side is basing their opinion on emotion and fan biases.

And another one. You're entirely entitled to your viewpoint but I, and many others, disagree with it. Deal with it, fact of life. I'm sure you'll disagree, but I, and many others, don't really care much about your opinions after that first sentence from you I quoted. Never mind the second...

Sorry dude, you're clearly either trolling or being that snowflake explained earlier. Your choice.

Let me get this to you straight: if you are so offended by Linus' jokes, why are you watching his channel anyway? Did you notice the "Linus" in LinusTechTips? Not "valdyrgramrTechTips"? You're free to watch it, as you are equally free to not watch it :old-eyeroll: Your choice.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Read a couple of the first words, my response:

Yes

Dont care what the joke was, it was a joke.  Thicker skin folks.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

On 10/9/2021 at 7:07 PM, Seol.chi said:

1. I feel like I've heard all the jokes. I get it, it is a joke.

2. if he should be allowed to make this kind of joke to hundreds of thousands of people.

3. This kind of thing is really damaging to any asian kids growing up, I could easily imagine many of them want to go into tech

I'm at work and can't review the actual wording here, but I'm going to reply in assumption that the description of the joke given by several others is accurate. 

1. You have basically answered your own question already. It's a joke. Most humor comes from at least a grain of truth. Racism doesn't come from truth. It might exploit the truth in a stereotype and twist that into a false negative assumption about the race, but there's a stark difference. The difference is simply intent of harm and devaluing. Racism seeks to assume a difference makes a race less valuable or even less human. This race is BENEATH us, doesn't DESERVE this, is ONLY GOOD FOR this.

A joke only highlights a kernel of truth and blows it out of proportion so it's funny. A verbal caricature if you will.

Taking the black man and fried chicken stereotype. A joke might be a fried chicken air freshener for a car. It's not harming the person, belittling them, or placing them beneath anyone else. Now if they tell you they find it offensive and you do it again a week later, that's a matter of respect for a friend. Now laying out some wings on the ground in a line to a boat going to Africa, that would be racism, plain and simple. Harmful, demeaning, belittling, whatever other bad words you can think of. Intent is also a large part of it. Lets say the same racist scenario, but it's a joke animated on family guy or robot chicken. Well then it's making fun of overt racism, so it's a joke about racism, not racism in of itself. Could it be argued that the joke is in poor taste, sure. That's a subjective criticism. But that's as far as it goes.

2. Should be allowed? Anyone should be allowed to make whatever joke they want, even racist. Free speech matters. But on the flip side of that, if someone IS racist, the population also has the permission to stop listening them, to ostracize them due to their hateful speech and beliefs. A company has the right to make a crappy product, and the consumers have the right to laugh at it. Free market of products same as free market of speech. 

3. I'm gonna second @BlueChinchillaEatingDorito here. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how this joke would damage Asian kids getting into tech. 

First the butt of the joke wasn't Asians, but Linus himself. Second, if you wanna argue the part of his wife being small so he fits, that's subjectively a good thing as tight is generally regarded as better in those terms... just saying. 

On 10/12/2021 at 8:42 AM, Moonzy said:

then we'd evolve to not have mouth

What a beautiful world that might be XD /s but almost not...

On 10/9/2021 at 11:55 PM, valdyrgramr said:

It's highly known that the Western world is highly ignorant when it comes to the rest of the world. 

Based on? There's a running STEREOTYPE that Americans are dumber if that's what you're referring to, but you're a professional (student) supposedly, so show me the factual evidence that the western world is more ignorant. After you do that, if you could please define what you mean by ignorant. Do you mean low test scores, bad mathematics, low empathy, no common sense, bad at logic, poor at business? Then after you define what ignorance you mean and define the statistical numbers we will be measuring based off of, could you please define what you mean by the Western World? Are you lumping in all of latin america and south america as being some predefined version of ignorant? Does this include canada? Or are you just referring to the stereotype of dumb america? This is very important to define as you're essentially telling me that an entire ethnicity or groups of ethnicities are ignorant by nature. That would be a highly racist comment, and I can't imagine such a studied student of culture would ever want to accidentally make such an obviously harmful and belittling judgement of entire ethnic groups with no facts to back it up and no defining of the terms being used to belittle said groups with.

1) My opinion holds more weight as it's using facts.  The other side is basing their opinion on emotion and fan biases.

Haven't seen you present a single fact yet. I've only seen you argue your OPINION, same as everyone else here

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

lol. 

I'm laughing pretty hard @ "His wife is tight, that's a good thing" roflmao. 

oh man *wipes tears away*

Linus just meant Asians have smaller proportions because they are generally a smaller build. He probably didn't mean to offend any one. It wasn't the best wording, but he was just trying to make a quick point.

Any normal person can see that, understand it and have a chuckle while he bashes on himself about his little dick. 

I love reading threads like this. There really isn't more between the lines here. 

Curious how stupid this needs to go though. Please do carry on! Keep it tight! XD

"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot, but those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. Those people will always be with us waiting for the right climate in which to flourish, spreading fear in the name of righteousness. Vigilance, that is the price we must continually pay”

Jokes are jokes . humor is humor . .Leave it at that.

#nopoliticsintended

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

1. Can you explain to me how the US makes up the entire Western World?  They are part of the Western World, but it seems you're ignorant of that term.  https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/list-of-western-countries.html

2. By definition you are showing a form of ignorance, as it means lack of knowledge or information.   You can spin it however you want, but you too are simply proving my point. 

3. It's a bad thing when you're using it to be intolerant towards others for bigoted reasons.  Telling people to deal with it, shrugging it off as a joke, calling people snowflakes, and so on also proves that one enjoys belittling others for bigoted reasons.  Most prefer the term "uninformed", but ignorant is still technically correct.  From there it comes down to phrasing.  Bigoted jokes are only funny if you are indeed a bigot. 

4. People who have faced genocide, oppression, and so on.  What is so damn funny about it?  Do you even know why you're laughing?  Conformity?

5. I literally talked about why it's not funny, and stated facts about why. That is the evidence.

6. If you want proof of the ignorance of the Western World, and not the stereotype you're talking about, one example is in the book titled The Asian Policy. 

7. You guys have done nothing to disprove any of it.   All you've done is say "Nu uh, that's your opinion, snowflake, get thicker skin!" and have done nothing to actually disprove that it's bigotry.

8. -snip-

1. Can you explain to me where I said the US made up the entire western world? I simply asked YOU what YOU were defining. While there is a general idea of some, many people have their own definitions of it, So I asked you to clarify

2. By that definition you seem to be ignorant of the meaning of my post as you apparently didn't read it thoroughly. And tossing a google definition as your only source proves my point. Many people define ignorance in many ways. I for example separate lack of intelligence and ignorance by saying lack of intelligence is the lack of a certain knowledge while ignorance defines having access and opportunity to have that knowledge but choosing not to care or listen, IGNORing the knowledge. But more to your post, you claimed that it is highly known -without sources of any kind- that a large geographical area of the world is by nature more ignorant. I was asking you what they are ignorant of. Are they ignorant of math or literature or science. You can't just be ignorant in general. Going by the definition you yanked off a less than a second google search, what is the information or knowledge you are highly aware of a large geographical area being ignorant to? These things need to be defined and then backed up with all this fact you claim you're using but have yet to provide. Oh you provided a lovely link, lets see what valuable info we have... 

Hmm.. an article undermining the idea of Asia as a whole and how to define it geographically and culturally. A bunch of opinion, some more opinion...

And I'm guessing this is the single source of info you're banking your well known knowledge on:

For example, it is quite common for people in the West, including fairly well educated people to lump together Indian and Chinese civilizations as representative of some sort of “eastern” mode of civilization.

one sentence about even WELL EDUCATED PEOPLE considering india to be part of the east with china. So literally nothing to do with your argument about the west being ignorant. Furthermore it says this is even thought of by well educated, or not ignorant, people. hmm....I'm beginning to think you have literally no sources for the broad statement of ethnic intelligence you consider to be widely known fact. 

3. If that joke falls within your opinion on what is bigoted, sure, but that's opinion again. Not an ounce of fact from your professional knowledge

4. Sure while were ignoring facts, let's go ahead and lump a dick joke with genocide and cultural oppression. I'm sure all the holocaust victims get extremely angry when a canadian jokes about his own small dick. That has to be the most vile kind of bigotry possible. 

5. You speaking your opinion is evidence of your opinion? Well gosh I've been doing debates all wrong trying to use facts and reason XD

6. Dude... Did you just call a scholarly journal a BOOK? Those are very different things. And that's a journal about foreign policy in Asia. Provide one statistic showing western ignorance, I'm begging you. Please prove me wrong that you just tried to mention a journal about asian foreign policy, call it a book, and still not reference a single quote or fact having anything to do with western ignorance!

7. That's because it's not a provable. Western countries are not all one type of person that is by nature more ignorant, that would be a RACIST, BELITTLING STATEMENT with no fact. I'm not making a rash claim that insults half the globe. You are, so you bear the burden of proof. Especially after claiming it's a well known fact. We haven't proved it because there's no way to prove an ethnic group smarter by nature or dumber by nature because there's no studies on that because no scientist wants to do an overtly racist study

8. I haven't used snowflake once, so I'll assume that last paragraph was meant for another person you forgot to quote

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Cant even joke about anything these days before someone takes offence for something peculiar that was referring to his wife? Oh man the internet probably isnt a safe place for you then.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD