Youtube Cancels Rewind... For Good!

Stueck0514

https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/7/22714550/youtube-rewind-canceled-controversy-creators-annual-recap

Posting a link from The Verge because I feel it is more appropriate 馃槃

Anyways, do you think since Youtube canceled Rewind, should Linus do a rewind of LTT? Something like greatest bits, outtakes no one has seen, maybe a sneak peek at a big project for next year at the end?

images (4).jpeg

Surprised they didn't do it sooner.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k聽 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

16 minutes ago, Stueck0514 said:

聽Something like greatest bits, outtakes no one has seen, maybe a sneak peek at a big project for next year at the end?

cough聽Floatplane cough

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk.聽

Other projects I am working on聽

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

Is it bad I've never known about Youtube Rewind?聽馃槄

With that said, after reading that article it appears I didn't miss anything and wouldn't have watched anyway.聽

LeonidasSpecs:聽Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black聽| MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz聽 4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

MaximusSpecs:聽Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

36 minutes ago, Stueck0514 said:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/7/22714550/youtube-rewind-canceled-controversy-creators-annual-recap

Posting a link from The Verge because I feel it is more appropriate 馃槃

Anyways, do you think since Youtube canceled Rewind, should Linus do a rewind of LTT? Something like greatest bits, outtakes no one has seen, maybe a sneak peek at a big project for next year at the end?

Can you edit your post to make the link clickable for others?

On topic: Meh - the Rewind thing is an interesting idea - to celebrate all the amazing and popular content from the past year. But, how many people like, care, or even watch these compilations?

For Sale:聽Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red聽- HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

39 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

On topic: Meh - the Rewind thing is an interesting idea - to celebrate all the amazing and popular content from the past year. But, how many people like, care, or even watch these compilations?

There was a time when YouTube Rewind was popular, as it showcased the most well-known creators, included the most popular music, made references to the biggest pop culture moments of the year both generally and on the platform.

Then, YouTube decided to make Rewind based on the creators it wanted to highlight, and to promote segments of YouTube that most viewers have never heard of. Most likely, they wanted to make it advertiser friendly in the sense of showing advertisers what they wanted to see in the platform.

The result is that it left the community alienated and frustrated that the things that most defined YouTube that year weren't represented. Of course, YouTube wouldn't want to make a video referencing the Ad-pocolypse and the like, so it's understandable why it happened, but it comes off as tone-deaf.

It's kinda sad that something people used to look forward to was tainted and ruined by the people running the very platform it used to glorify.

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Not sure what you mean, but I can click on the link? Or just copy/paste?

7 hours ago, Spotty said:

images (4).jpeg

Surprised they didn't do it sooner.

Good news! The Dacia Sandero is now back on sale!

This was my exact reaction to Facebook being down.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 minute ago, JZStudios said:

Good news! The Dacia Mondeo is now back on sale!

This was my exact reaction to Facebook being down.

Sandero

Sorry, I am in a strange fact checking mood, I am not offended by you being incorrect I do the same, I just want to let you know so you can avoid the hate comments from Top Gear fans that think Jeremy is greater than Jesus. I like Top Gear, it's my favorite show, but I'm not mad lol. You made a simple mistake.

1 minute ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

Sandero

Sorry, I am in a strange fact checking mood, I am not offended by you being incorrect I do the same, I just want to let you know so you can avoid the hate comments from Top Gear fans that think Jeremy is greater than Jesus. I like Top Gear, it's my favorite show, but I'm not mad lol. You made a simple mistake.

I couldn't be assed to google it. I know the Mondeo is a Ford but it was close enough. I honestly don't even know what Dacia is otherwise.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 minute ago, JZStudios said:

I couldn't be assed to google it. I know the Mondeo is a Ford but it was close enough. I honestly don't even know what Dacia is otherwise.

The only time I have ever got made about this stuff is when someone said, "Dodge Mustang". I just about had an aneurysm. Plus that's kinda the point of the Dacia Sandero gag in Top Gear, and where that image comes from. No-one cares about Dacia, or the Sandero.聽

13 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

The only time I have ever got made about this stuff is when someone said, "Dodge Mustang". I just about had an aneurysm.

Lol.

10-08-21_12-37_07PM.thumb.png.7e55a0f641ec1d55e5330877094d8819.png

#Muricaparrotgang

2 hours ago, Stueck0514 said:

Not sure what you mean, but I can click on the link? Or just copy/paste?

What I mean is that the URL you posted isn't a hyperlink, it's just plaintext. Yes I can (and did) copy and paste. But for the sake of other users, it would be beneficial to edit the post, select the text of the URL, and use the Link button of the editor (small chainlink icon) to convert the text into a Hyperlink.

No worries if you don't, just a suggestion is all.

For Sale:聽Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red聽- HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

My brain kinda went to "subscribtion based video controls" reading the title...

Well, i guess,聽yay for now?

The direction tells you... the direction.聽

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition)聽

MSI Afterburner聽

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper聽

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity聽

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop聽

Superposition聽

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 10/8/2021 at 4:33 PM, dalekphalm said:

What I mean is that the URL you posted isn't a hyperlink, it's just plaintext. Yes I can (and did) copy and paste. But for the sake of other users, it would be beneficial to edit the post, select the text of the URL, and use the Link button of the editor (small chainlink icon) to convert the text into a Hyperlink.

No worries if you don't, just a suggestion is all.

No problem, should work now.