Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter
On 7/15/2020 at 3:55 PM, WereCatf said:

Just this list here contains over 600 OSes and it doesn't include even nearly all of them. Notable omissions are all Windows-versions prior to '95, for example.

Don't take it "literally" 

I'm talking about the "popular" ones, and I've chosen Windows 10 for all Windows versions, Ubuntu for all Linux, MacOS Catalina for Apple Mac, iOS & Android & WearOS

At least I did something for fun and as a proof of concept that we can do it!

And come on, it's a 13" convertible laptop 🤷🏻‍♂️😅

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I build custom Linux systems on different hardware architectures for living 😉

Laptop: HP Envy x360 convertible 13-ay0xxx / Ryzen 7 4700U / 16G 3200MHZ RAM

Desktop: ASRock B450M Pro4 / Ryzen 7 1700X / Arctic Freezer 33 eSports ONE / Corsair Vengeance LPX Kit 16GB, DDR4-2666MHz / Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD - 500GB / Thermaltake TR2 S - 450W / Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-05 Case

So um i made the most expensive but fastest server on https://www.novatech.com and i was wondering can you build it Please. £69215.46 is 118,006.82 Canadian Dollars btw

ltt server question 2.png

ltt server question.png

Spstampy

MSI actually went and made their own AIO Cooler review plz?

Any chance we can get the discontinuation of Xbox one x and s all-digital edition as a topic on wan show this week? I think it would be very interesting to hear what Linus and Luke think this means in terms of series x release date and price.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

hi can you make something like cheap raspberry pi nas? or home automation with raspberry pi? 

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

On 3/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Raspberry pi ram module

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Raspberry-Pi/94AC6637?qs=2WXlatMagcGVzbsT0gacDw%3D%3D&gclid=CjwKCAjwmMX4BRAAEiwA-zM4JibGiKFTv3LUFoLQ_ixiiJu8tQiFk7zmL22LIHdIUR7M5kGnG0OKKxoCBN0QAvD_BwE

Given the current climate and that you're a GDC user. I would love to see a full review of Google Meet Hardware. The Logitech Tap VS Asus 2020 version.

I cannot find anything that covers features, how smooth the touch-pads feel. Test the different approach camera tracking and quality. The quality of audio + audio with background noise. Like people eating lunch.. ect ect ect...

https://ctl.net/products/logitech-tap-google-meet-video-conferencing-medium-room-bundle  

5 minutes ago, Hjoker4 said:

Raspberry pi ram module

It's not a ram module, it's... a raspberry pi.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Watercool one of those Black Bagic Ursa's. No balls

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

Not long ago, Linus reviewed the $99 Pinebook. Since then, Pine64, the company that produces Pinebook, has released a ton of interesting open and community based products based on Linux, like:

-$199 Pinebook Pro

-$199 PinePhone: Linux based smartphone

-$99 Pinetab: Linux based tablet

-$24.99 Pinetime: A not yet ready smartwatch for developers

- Single board computers, like Rock64, PineH64

It would be interesting to see a video reviewing the whole portfolio of products that they offer and the concepts and philosophy ideas behind the company.

Please do a review of the pancakebot.... It's a 3D printer that uses pancake batter directly on a griddle and is horrible from what I understand. It was a successful Kickstarter project.

f28da8fb935e9013df0156210722d46a_original.png

28 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

Watercool one of those Black Bagic Ursa's. No balls

They bought 5 of them, I bet atleast 1 will be watercooled.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

23 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

They bought 5 of them

*6* they used Brandons personal account to buy one (only 5 are allowed per person)

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

My video idea is kinda a remake of another LTT video but I think it could be done with different technology.

6 video editors, 1 PC. Last time this video was done, the main technology used was virtualization and individual resources dedicated to individual VMs.

Since this video, LTT has shon a product off called “parsec” which allowed remote computer to use low latency RDP.

This video idea would be to combine the two ideas and create 6 editions 1 pc without virtualization. This should be able to be done by having the host machine run Windows server 2019 and license it with “RDS CAL” (Remote Desktop services Client Access Licenses). This licensing allows the windows server to act as an individual computer for each user that makes an RDP session to it. This is the main technology behind the host of “Thin client computers”

This combination of software and armed with the knowledge that creative cloud *should* be able to run on server 19 since it is after 1809 (adobes oldest OS version allowed) should make the idea work!

The only other thing I think would be hard to figure out would be the resource sharing for users to be given their own GPU for a program instance.

Anyways, this was my TED Talk and I hope y’all liked it. 

I think that the viewers would enjoy such a multi part build log/videos where Linus and the team use their expertise to put together an epic sim that takes the game (MSFS2020) just a little closer to real life :)

4 minutes ago, AceTake said:

I think that the viewers would enjoy such a multi part build log/videos where Linus and the team use their expertise to put together an epic sim that takes the game (MSFS2020) just a little closer to real life :)

Merged in with the suggestions thread. Best chance for LTT to view your suggestion here. Welcome to the forum and a Flight Sim setup would be pretty cool.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Scrapyard Wars: best 6Dof PCVR setup for under 2000$.

On 7/17/2020 at 1:16 AM, Spstampy said:

So um i made the most expensive but fastest server on https://www.novatech.com and i was wondering can you build it Please. £69215.46 is 118,006.82 Canadian Dollars btw

most expensive /=/ to best.

Please do an updated version of this video with the newest ryzen processors, 3700x,3800xt,3900x/xt,3950x.

Im really interested in doing a 2 gamer 1 pc build in my computer club. 

24 members but too few pcs. 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

3 hours ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Please do an updated version of this video with the newest ryzen processors, 3700x,3800xt,3900x/xt,3950x.

Im really interested in doing a 2 gamer 1 pc build in my computer club. 

24 members but too few pcs. 

Better yet use VMware ESXi as a free alternative.

From re-viewing the video

and listening at 1:39:17 the troubles and solutions Linus faced to help his somewhat tech-laic grandparents I got this GREAT VIDEO IDEA that I don't think anyone explored yet (searched YouTube and found none like it)

Get Edzel Yago to play grandma and Taran Van Hemert to play grandpa, and considering Linus experience and experience from fans on this thread, LMG writers could iterate in a series of videos or just in one, how ONE could help out grandparents and other family members to get ISP service working and seting up a solution to keep in touch with relatives.

COVID-19 Pandemic is not going away soon, and thus, one / or several video tutorials could be a "life saver" for a lot of LTT fans less knowledge on the advantages to get 2nd hand hardware and online crutial services needed to setup the whole shebang.

My inspiation comes mainly from this video, but also most of the Scrapyard Wars series and the solution for Yvonne's parents home at Singapore.

Take care, and take care of somebody else.
George Carlin: Jammin' in New York 1992

</>

a video where they only have access to the monitor/kb/mouse and the desktop tower is hidden and they have to guess the specs without looking at task manager/my computer ect.....

can have old computers run new os's or new computers run old os's ect.....

12 hours ago, josencarnacao said:

From re-viewing the video

and listening at 1:39:17 the troubles and solutions Linus faced to help his somewhat tech-laic grandparents I got this GREAT VIDEO IDEA that I don't think anyone explored yet (searched YouTube and found none like it

Merged to suggestion thread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What about something like "challenge: using Linux as a daily driver for 2 weeks!" Would be curious to see how hard - or not! - would it be for someone tech-literate but Linux-novice just to jump into it and use the system on a daily basis for office work / gaming / streaming / maybe some graphics or video related work (the latter would be quite hard, of course, though not impossible).