Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter
29 minutes ago, Sauron said:

How do you quantify "how much math" is in "tech"? Is it 10 math? Maybe even... 11 math? 🤔

42, obviously.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Make a review on the browser: Vivaldi 

it has lots of customizability and features, you can even use the mobile version of instagram on the browser and u can make posts and msg's there

On 3/21/2019 at 5:16 AM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

I am a fan form China,and I like your video very much. The first time that I saw your video,I just like ,or for some point,I live it

Triple Loop Liquide Cooling worth it ? Been think to try it my self as soon I have the Money for it. The idea is to work 3 Radiators 240mm for Back 360mm bottom and a 420 in front. Self I was looking to test it with the Alphacool AIO since there easy to connect to each other. And might add add watertank on the bttm one.  

In the second case with add tank,  One loop could cool water in Tank the other 2 CPU/GPU in my case just CPU.

Figure a way around 570 whiny fan, present solutions doable by everyone. Price of fanless 570 Aorus xtreme is $700, price of motherboards with fan are in $100–$300 range

A Techquickie on the Transmeta Crusoe CPUs from 2000? Fabricated in CANADA by IBM. 😜 

Hello, 

Would that be possible to have a review or comparison with comparable laptop of the MSI prestige 15 ?

It would be good to have the team's idea on that product ! 

I wanted to ask if you guys can to do a review on the new ASUS Zephyrus M15 laptop, preferably the one equipped with a RTX 2070 Max-Q. This laptop looks pretty good on paper, but there are very few reviews online about it so it's hard to tell how good/bad it really is. Thanks!

Here's a video idea do 6 gamers 1 cpu plus a nas but this time use 

Cpu: Amd Epyc 64 core processor

Gpu: 2080ti's

Motherboard: Gigabyte MZ32 ar0

Psu: 2× 1600w

Cooling: Custom liquid cooling 

Case: Thermaltake wp200

Ram: 2 tb ram 

And if you use this video idea can you give my channel a shoutout itshttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBhCBreVOklPizRr2CTSbRA. As it would help me get my first pc.

Ps. Remember to liquid cool the ram

Can you review the elutronics max 17, the sharp aquos zero 2 its a 240hz phone and the vivo iqoo neo 3 its a 144hz phone.

Hi.

Challenge: build a coolingsystem that has such a ultra massive throuput, that the heatsink gets heat up by the flow.

When a meteor penetrates the atmosphere it gets so hot that the material melts by friction. The idea is exactly the same. Take an radiator (wathercolling would be nice but we'll see if they is one to resist the strongest forces of the air, heatsink is also ok) and blow so much air through it, that it stops cooling and gets heat up again by pure airflow. If this is technical not possible pleas make an video about the idea, discuss it and tell the problem. #mathIsSoCool

Maybe you can find someone help for the solution and build an awesome experiment (rising the temperature of the heating about let's say 3 degree should improve in a airflow\temperature Chart to improve that there is a break point where airflow starts reheating).

On 3/20/2019 at 10:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Hey, I saw a random ad on Instagram talking about this
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dWGKSR4 and this https://a.aliexpress.com/_BfiCDeWE

i thought they were both really interesting.

Hey everyone!

I was looking for pros and cons with getting a cheap laptop and just using it to remote in to my home server (or home desktop for most people) when I'm on the go but it doesn't seem to be much information about this out there. 

Would love to see a video of how you would do it for the best user experience and if there really is a point to do this - longer battery life, probably better performance and maybe some other things that I haven't considered?

Keep up the good work! 😁

You won't get a "better user experience" unless you have a really good internet connection at home. RDP works fine, but is slow and laggy compared to being on the machine itself.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

On 6/18/2020 at 1:54 PM, Poet129 said:

I found a way to use any cloud as a normal SMB share and would like to share that with you. All I ask is that you make a video on how to actually do it.

Step 1
Decide what cloud to use. I know you guys have unlimited google cloud storage but it has the 750GB upload limit which you would hit in around 750 seconds of continuous streaming. However Microsoft Sharepoint costs about the same and doesn't have this issue.

Step 2
Start a linux machine or vm. Make sure to give it a decent amount of storage, because its max write size will be set to just under your storage amount given.

Step 3
Install Rclone with the following command "curl https://rclone.org/install.sh | sudo bash"

Step 4
Run Rclone Config and set up the cloud choice you choose earlier.

Step 5
Run Rclone Mount "Name":/ ~/"Folder" --daemon --allow-other --vfs-cache-mode writes --vfs-cache-max-size "Little under Size of Disk"G

Step 6
Install samba
sudo apt install samba -y

Step 7
Configure samba to share /home/USER/FOLDER

Step 8
Go to a windows client and experience the cloud at its full potential.

This config but with BurstCoin Mining lol.

Can you artificially increase queue depth on an SSD for more performance by creating more than one partition on it and raid zero them

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

Can we get an update video on the state of the Oculus Quest for PCvr? i.e. over 5g wifi and various cables for link. You have done one on it already, so maybe just on short circuit

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

Please do a comparison of the best current printers using continuous ink supply systems. Also, please put a focus on the illegality of some of the printer companies to use electronic/software/firmware measures to block third party ink suppliers, and any measures to work around them, and perhaps any ways we can stand against this kind of monopolistic behavior.
Thanks in advance, keep up the fantastic work!

I've got an idea for a unique build that I'm not sure if anyone has actually tried. I recently stumbled on this tutorial to overclock a 47xxmq laptop processor through a microcode hack and the benchmarks I've seen are equal to if not better than 47xx desktop processors. Which got me thinking this processor might actually make a decent gaming rig cpu if only it wasn't constrained by being in a laptop and using a laptop socket. Enter this guy, an industrial itx motherboard produced by ASRock for exactly the same socket as the 47xxmq series complete with a 16x pciexpress for the GPU. Slap 16gb laptop ddr3 in there, an ssd, and a desktop cooler and you've potentially got one of the fastest possible ddr3 systems. I've seen multiple people's benchmarks while still in their laptop but I haven't seen anyone actually try the desktop conversion yet.

New to the forum, looking at building a rig for myself.

How about a "Which Graphics Card to get mid 2020 version". I think the last one was done just before xmas. Be nice to see what's changed since then?

1 minute ago, LukeG88 said:

New to the forum, looking at building a rig for myself.

How about a "Which Graphics Card to get mid 2020 version". I think the last one was done just before xmas. Be nice to see what's changed since then?

They wont be able to that for a while because new gpus are right around the corner so the video will be outdated pretty quickly

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Just now, zeusthemoose said:

They wont be able to that for a while because new gpus are right around the corner so the video will be outdated pretty quickly

fair enough then! ha

8 minutes ago, LukeG88 said:

How about a "Which Graphics Card to get mid 2020 version"

Answer is probably "None"... Worst time to get one right now. 

F@H

GPD Win 2