Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Im new to the forums but I had this burning idea. What if you do a video testing what directly yeilds the best results when gaming. For example if I have let say the worst setup in the world a cheap Chinese mouse and keyboard, some high latency monitor, a system with a weak gpu. The question is which item if upgraded will statically yeild someone the best in game user preformence. In example am I going to frag more often if upgrade my mouse over the monitor or is it better I upgrade the monitor first or the gpu first. You can expand on this idea as well. 

11 minutes ago, HellBeast0218 said:

Im new to the forums but I had this burning idea. What if you do a video testing what directly yeilds the best results when gaming. For example if I have let say the worst setup in the world a cheap Chinese mouse and keyboard, some high latency monitor, a system with a weak gpu. The question is which item if upgraded will statically yeild someone the best in game user preformence. In example am I going to frag more often if upgrade my mouse over the monitor or is it better I upgrade the monitor first or the gpu first. You can expand on this idea as well. 

Your thread was merged with the video suggestion thread.

Please be careful where you create a new thread.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

What if Taran and iJustine raced again except with DaVinci Resolve? Could be a funny video. I've noticed a lot of people switching to Resolve lately. Also, I'm just assuming neither of them have tried it yet..

4 minutes ago, Bootskii said:

Could be a funny video. I've noticed a lot of people switching to Resolve lately. Or what if you made him race iJustine again? I'm just assuming neither of them have tried it yet..

Your post was merged with the official LTT video discussion thread.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Could you create a video that's a deep dive into gaming and professional hardware compared to regular non branded items?

I am tired of having to explain to people that just because it is advertised for gaming doesn't mean it can't do other stuff and that in most cases the gaming hardware is going to hold up better than cheaper items.

It would be nice to have a video to just link to that shows examples of this. Like of course gaming chairs are bogus so would be nice to have a roundup video of all the things. Where the cost goes, if the quality can be better, why gaming related features would be beneficial and not something to run away from etc. Sort of like how the Opera GX CPU/RAM limiter would be useful nice to haves in Chrome/Firefox, (BTW Firefox has had the pop out video feature for a while).

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

Can Brandon do a comparison between how he uses Lightroom vs trying out Capture One?

On 2/28/2020 at 12:39 AM, Bestsmoq said:

Tech Ingredients just released a video where they claim they made better thermal compound then Arctic Silver. 

they are showing whole process and ingredients but also selling this stuff. 

Maybe some tests? 

Better yet, do a collab with them.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:41 AM, Djuntas said:

Was asked to post here; Please feature B & O products. I never see any online influencers (sorry, but its the best term besides youtuber :P) feature these products. B & O has a long history, but today in 2020 its not doing well at all. It might end up being sold soon enough. They we're design and sound pioneers making high-end speakers and also TV's, but slowly the high-end business has started to fail.

Look into the headphones like h7i or h9i or p2 bluetooth speaker and similar. They have done many consumer friendly products last few years, which dosen't cost the living soul out of you :P

You once did this video for Meridian also, so maybe you could take a look at another premium brand?

It's mostly the same for the majority of brands.

Cabinet made, cabinet finished, drivers chucked in, some electrical work, testing, package, done. Speaker building has become pretty routine.

But I think Magico would be pretty cool, some of their speakers like the M6 have their enclosures made in a very similar way to an F35 jet, with a monocoque carbon fibre enclosure, beautiful speakers.

Image result for magico M6

Plus I was considering them as my next pair of speakers, So I'm a bit biased lol.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 hour ago, Derkoli said:

-Snip-

Those are some nice speakers. The best I have is a 30$ used Bose soundbar.

1 minute ago, FakeCIA said:

Those are some nice speakers. The best I have is a 30$ used Bose soundbar.

They better be for the price lol. £200,000 in the UK, but some of the best speakers you can buy.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 hour ago, Derkoli said:

They better be for the price lol. £200,000 in the UK, but some of the best speakers you can buy.

Damn. I would ask for an audio sample, but I'm not sure whether it would be any good posted here.

1 minute ago, FakeCIA said:

Damn. I would ask for an audio sample, but I'm not sure whether it would be any good posted here.

Well, I currently have a pair of PMC FACT Fenestria's, still 45k pounds a pair, but yeah it wouldn't sound all too great.

I could post an audio sample if you'd like in the morning :)

It’s been almost a year and it’s time to get the cleanest setup v2.0 with a more powerful laptop (Razer Blade 17” RTX 2080) and a better monitor (Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ) and a better quality of wood with hidden wireless charger and a same level mousepad which is cut using the cnc router and it needs to be more gamer focused and nothing needs to be exposed except the monitor and peripherals (mouse, keyboard, speakers)

048F7C2C-836F-4CFF-BE51-CD6804A3925B.jpeg

As most of us know that water is the best coolant but no we are wrong there is a liquid known as heavy water or d2o, it is the best coolant possible, world wide it is used to cool nuclear reactors, so linus can be the first person to cool a pc using nuclear coolant, the PC is going to be a custom water loop with normal things just the coolant is going to be replaced, as far as I have heard India is the greatest producer of heavy water. So Please linus look into it :)

D17409BB-A37A-4DDC-BC6B-CEAF35558186.jpeg

...why? Have some neutrons that need blocking? Just want a more expensive system? Having issues with your coolant boiling?

Heavy water has almost the exact same specific heat as regular water, so what would make heavy water a better coolant?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

34 minutes ago, Tanmay H. Singh said:

Your threads have been merged to official video suggestion thread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

After watching some of the Tech Hoarder video... I realize that you could make a video where you force them to make order in their stuff. This could also serve to promote the responsible recycling of old electronics in official drop off points.

Two 3-year-olds build a compact pc in an NZXT H1 case. I have a 3 year and I’ve seen a couple of videos where your daughter helps builds a pc. Small hands for a small build. 

I think Alex should revisit the Sleeper PC Series using a PS3 Shell and that awesome workshop you got now. Some of the videos you could attempt are:

• Fastest PS3 of All Time (Similar to their Fastest Xbox of All Time video - Gaming Focused. Fit as much gaming horsepower as you can into the shell and play PC games, PC ports or RetroArch emulation like on the recent switch video).
  • PS3 Sleeper Series PC (Similar to their The ULTIMATE Compact Sleeper PC Build - PC Desktop Focused. Focus on productivity, video editing, browsing, media center, game streaming, everyday PC use with priority on acoustics and temperatures).
  • Running Linux (or Yellow Dog Linux) on a PS3 (After the above two, you can install modern Linux or the Original Yellow Dog Linux distro from the mid 2000s on either build from the above two as a Linus did it thing. This is in reference to how Sony advertised the OtherOS Feature on PS3 systems before taking it away through software (Tesla wasn't the first) and losing a class action lawsuit for it in the US for it. This video could be Educative about how things played out, warning on how manufacturers like Apple and Testa sometimes take away features on devices you paid for through software/updates and a little bit of Console Gaming History with the silver lining ending that in the end, Linus got Linux to run on the "PS3" like originally intended.

You could make 2-3 videos with this, get a cool system to add to the lounge and have fun (I expect some usual frustration getting it to work) while modding it. The interior of the original is quite roomy since the motherboard in it is larger than an ATX motherboard and this model had a giant cooler inside making the case deep. There is plenty of vents so it should have decent cooling without modifications as long as you aren't running 90nm era CPUs/GPUs with a 66% efficient PSU and one giant fan. The launch model has 4 USB ports in the front so you can have up to 4 USB ports without risking cutting into the front and limited edition chrome trim with the logo in silver. It can be vertical or horizontal. If you get a feed-type DVD drive, you can feed the disks right through the front and eject with software or pressure sensitive buttons if you make your own but modern PCs don't need DVD drives anyways. You can re-purpose the C13 plug in the back as a power pass-through to a PSU inside the case. There is a flap where the card reader is located, you can hide buttons or I/O ports in this area without having it affect the exterior look of the system. Perfect sleeper feature.

You can try to source a shell from ebay from the 2-3 sellers that stock them for $20-25 us including shipping (probably $35 us because Canada). They have pictures of one system (the best looking one) and are selling like 90 shells so you risk getting low grade shells with scratches, missing screws, less features (from newer shells) at random. I am disassembling my PS3 to put it on a PC case for my own PS3 mod project so I don't need the shell I've zealously taken care of for 13 years. It has no scratches or defects, CECHA01 serial sticker in the back and a January 2007 manufacture date. They sold out on Fall launch and I was able to finally get one in February for my birthday after visiting several stores. I can include the C13 plug unit, card reader, shell and all screws that hold it together. I can even throw in the original/working ZSSR5391A PSU that came with it so you can study it and make a Techquickie or ShortCircuit video about how bad it was. I am willing to send the shell, hardware I don't need and pay ground UPS shipping to Canada (Unfortunately about $35 for ~8 lbs volume weight from the East Coast to British Columbia) if you are willing to make one or more videos with it because like you and the community, I love tech. Merch as a thanks would be too rich for getting this case to you although it would be nice to own something LTT. I would just like a thanks, call out in the video and if possible to have Alex fabricate and etch a little custom badge to glue or bolt screw over the Phanteks logo on my mod's Enthoo Pro Full case.

PS3 Shell Pictures:

Spoiler

image.png.fdddc3994936c13404b8d8b0c6f7ed7f.png

image.png.58b94913dbb85bc124bd950907b9b68f.png

image.png.9e46ac8e0bed6fb153e19a46059fb4f2.png

image.png.11e61c32a2ee939d612fbf9015ea6ede.png

image.png.3b71c669e130762b25eeb22b9db8c781.png

image.png.130913d1f4d6815e5142df16dfe5d146.png

image.png.b8844d8ad1d51f31eef3faf207112aaa.png

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Logo:

Spoiler

Fgdev.png

There is an App Called Netboom it's a cloud windows 10 looks like LTSC Edition to play Games Like League of Legends or GTA. I have a Moto E4 not the greatest phone can watch videos and play some games. Know I downloaded this and I played League of Legends like there was some glitches but it was Smooth experience. You guys should try a video about cloud gaming on a smart phone. Set a Cloud Virtual Machine Install Windows 10 LTSC us LoginMeIn Android Edition or us a remote console for android and Install GTA or League I did not try GTA but I don't know if it would of worked. SOMEONE Send this to LINUS it would make a great video. 

Sorry I just can't believe how much technology is advancing playing League on a Smart phone in my hands was the greatest experience. 

I can't wait when League Rift Comes out on Android it's in Beta or it coming soon... Can't wait no longer... Going to explode lol... 

Thanks Guys

Hey,  This question I posted might make an interesting video?  Surely there are a few ways to achive this result?

Brandon vs Peter McKinnon in a full Photoshoot Workflow Battle: Camera, lights, post processing. Or against Taran for video editing.