Verified Actual Gamer Program Information [See Best Answer / 2021-10-08 update]

Padblaze
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

*** IMPORTANT *** LATEST INFO ***

Latest drop was made 2021-09-28 17:11 UTC

The drop is over, we have no info about when, what or where the next will be. Follow LinusTechTips on Youtube for any new drops.

EXPECTED TO DROP NEXT:

• Intel Arc GPUs (hinted at Dec 24th WAN Show)

About shipping and handling

• Handling times seem to be 1 week from drop to shipping label created.
  • Shipping times depend on carrier. For outside of NA, the carrier is FedEx and shipping times seem to be regular 5-14 days. For US and Canada, the shipping times might be same, or even longer.
  • Any additional charges, like customs fees and local VAT are paid on entry to country. There has been variation between countries to whom payments are made (FedEx on delivery, FedEx to their office, custom directly), so contact your local FedEx or customs offices for more details on those.

Known drops:

1. Asus 3070, 3080 and 3090, 2021-03-20 17:40 UTC

Spoiler

2. MSI 3080 SeaHawk, 2021-03-30 16:59 UTC

Spoiler

3. AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 2021-04-09 00:59 UTC

Spoiler

4. Asus TUF 6800XT, 2021-04-24 01:57 UTC / During WAN Show

Spoiler

5. Asus TUF 6800XT, 2021-04-26 17:05 UTC

Spoiler

vag2.thumb.PNG.ddd1ef7594273016c360771a196baf6a.PNGvag.PNG.6b7b0a1f9d7fc091e7b30720625e99f8.PNG

6. EVGA RTX 3060 XC Gaming / RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra, 2021-05-06 20:29 UTC

Spoiler

7. MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X OC, 2021-09-28 17:11 UTC

$1589.99

Spoiler

PARTICIPATION ENDED! If you are local to LMG (Lower Mainland region of British Columbia, Canada), you can participate to this https://gleam.io/nntHg/verified-actual-gamer-program-can-you-beat-linus

Announced in WAN Show https://youtu.be/-qj6hkLkdYg?t=2450

The even video (also 6th drop video)

FAQ

How do I enter? Can I enter? Where to signup?

You don't. All information about the drops are posted to Youtube and are hidden in videos. So far all drops have been on LinusTechTips main channel.

UPDATE: One of the drops was made live, during the WAN Show on Fridays. Until now there has been no drops on Friday or weekends.

UPDATE: For limited time, you can participate with local event https://gleam.io/nntHg/verified-actual-gamer-program-can-you-beat-linus

I watched the video, but there were no information. Where do I find this?

The information about the drop is removed from video after the drop is over.

When are videos posted?

At the moment LMG is using their regular timeslot which is 10-11AM PST (17-18 UTC).

UPDATE: LMG has posted in different timeslot to allow those in school or working chance.

How does this work?

So far the known information is following:

• Video is posted on Youtube and Floatplane at the same time.
  • There's segment in video where Linus gives a hint about what link you need to use in order to enter. The hints are words and Linus uses his fingers to state what parts of the link they are. The links start with http://www.lttstore.com/. Link is temporary and will only show note about drop ending afterwards.
    • UPDATE: Previously there was actual cut-scene, latest drop had just voice-over during b-roll.
  • There will be challenge on store page.
    • The first two drops had 15 question quiz about video games. You have 3 lives and 3-4 options to choose from. Fastest to finish will get their chance to buy items.
      • Besides 3 lives, you can skip 2 questions.
      • The latest drop had questions in video format with some answers shown as "A/B/C/D" and some as written normally.
    • UPDATE: Latest drop had small flash game in style of Jump King / Icy Tower.
  • Item of the drop is shown on store page before taking the quiz. You will see the price and other details too.
  • UPDATE: After completing challenge, you are put onto queue with AFK meter to prevent idling. Forgetting to re-charge bar will drop you at the tail end of the line
  • Prices are before VAT, tariffs etc. and shown in USD. Price after tariffs (US only) are shown on page.
  • You are allowed to buy one CPU and one GPU from this event. (Source)

Can you tell me when the next drop is?

No, because we don't know.

I'm at school/sleeping/working/have other reasons and can't watch at current time slot.

Linus has said that they will at some point use different time slot. What it is, we don't know. UPDATE: The time slot for later time was 12PM-1AM UTC.

Why can't they have link or more information somewhere?

Because the whole point is make this as hard as possible for anyone but the absolute most dedicated fans.

Why they don't collect list of people? Why aren't forum members, Floatplane subscribers etc. prioritized?

List wouldn't do anything. There would still need to be draw of sort needed, and the list would consist more of non-gamers the longer it was left open. Prioritizing forum members would discriminate towards other parts of audience.

Having payment as requirement to join or as something making "winning" more likely is classified as lottery under laws. This would require permit, it would exclude several regions which require local permits or don't allow any lottery, and it would put age limit of 19 years in place.

Can I try quiz afterwards?

At the moment, no. But there might be site at some point after event ends.

Posts made by Luke and Linus.

Spoiler

WAN Show segments

Spoiler

WAN Show Jun 4, 2021

26:25 - 27:10 "We currently have no stock, but the program is still on"

1:23:00 - 1:23:30 One board partner with some 3080Ti's coming

WAN Show April 23, 2021

17:43 - 34:43 VAG Drop live on stream

43:15 - 44:50 VAG drop is over, hinted about 270 more cards

1:16:40 - 1:17:44 Some last minute info

WAN Show April 16, 2021

1:36:30 Super-chats

WAN Show April 9, 2021

13:20 - 13:40 The latest drop info
40:50 - 43:55 The local event info
1:15:35 - 1:17:34 Super-chats #1
1:24:25 - 1:24:47 Super-chats #2
1:25:47 - 1:26:07 Super-chats #3

WAN Show August 27, 2021

1:05:40 - Super-chats

WAN Show October 8, 2021

2:06:20 - Super-chats

Here Linus says that Verified Actual Gamer program would be suspended until further notice. Reason given was that retail prices are about same as so-called "scalper prices". Making the program pointless.

WAN Show December 24, 2021

1:09:10 onward

To be updated

Misc:

3 hours ago, AlexP11223 said:

And I think such tournament would result in some difficulties with laws too, that's why ROG Rig Reboot is mainly US & CA only.

I also am not a huge fan of the gaming tournament idea, unless I could actually manage time off work to go to Burnaby and participate. It basically means that only people local to LTT would get cards in that drop, so I have a feeling it would stir up a crapload of complaints even if it does sound like a fun mini event and video.

Unfortunately if it was a first come first serve thing situation combined with that, it would possibly mean I'd be taking time off work and a 16 hour drive one way for no reason which would really suck.

Again, owning 980ti,1070ti,1080ti,2070,2080ti,3070,3080,3090 cards. The 3070,3080 vs 1080ti or even 980ti ur fine @ 1080p 

People all butthurt on wanting these cards. Most to just FLEX. It's an over hyped product. Unless you plan on running HDMI 2.1 @ 4k  over 100hz you dont need a 3080 or 3090

even a 3070 is over kill. When all this dies down get a used 2080 for 1440p if that's the area you game on. If you still play @ 1080p u DO NOT NEED A 30 series card. 

Windows 10 Latest Build
RAID 0 Samsung SSD 970 2tb EVO's (4Tb Store)
RTX 3090
9900k DELIDDED with custom copper Rockitcool @ 5ghz 
H150i RGB PRO XT
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory 1.35v XMP Profile
Phanteks PH-P1200PS 80+ Platinum - Built-in Power Splitter 1200W Fully Modular

Z390 DESIGNARE (rev. 1.0)
Top Mon #2 ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q | NVIDIA G-Sync 100hz

Bottom Mon #1 Alienware Overclocked Refresh Rate #AW3418DW G-Sync 120hz

Server: 2019 DataCenter Edition, 42TB Store RAID 6 | WD Gold Enterprise Class 7200 RPM,SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache

12 minutes ago, thedarkdad3 said:

Again, owning 980ti,1070ti,1080ti,2070,2080ti,3070,3080,3090 cards. The 3070,3080 vs 1080ti or even 980ti ur fine @ 1080p 

People all butthurt on wanting these cards. Most to just FLEX. It's an over hyped product. Unless you plan on running HDMI 2.1 @ 4k  over 100hz you dont need a 3080 or 3090

even a 3070 is over kill. When all this dies down get a used 2080 for 1440p if that's the area you game on. If you still play @ 1080p u DO NOT NEED A 30 series card. 

The problem is you can't even get those cards for a decent price right now. I've had to drop back to gaming on one monitor and drop the settings and mine are all 1080p. I'm stuck on a RX 7950 right now. I know gaming isn't the worlds most important thing, but seeing as I've hurt my back there's not much else for me to do and complain about. XD Hopefully the prices will drop soon and we can all get the cards we want.

2 minutes ago, Truk14 said:

The problem is you can't even get those cards for a decent price right now. I've had to drop back to gaming on one monitor and drop the settings and mine are all 1080p. I'm stuck on a RX 7950 right now. I know gaming isn't the worlds most important thing, but seeing as I've hurt my back there's not much else for me to do and complain about. XD Hopefully the prices will drop soon and we can all get the cards we want.

Right and I get that. I am also happy you get "its not the end of the world" what i am saying is. This will pass. We were all here before what 1-2 years ago?? When the shortage happened due to mining. Except this time i think the mining and new gpus hit at same time. Thus creating a larger problem. + the chip factor issues and trade issues with USA and other countries its put a strain on USA GPU | CPU and overall parts buying.

I am saying this will alllllllllllll PASS. you just have to put that money aside in a savings grow some interest on it and when the time comes buy one at MSRP. 

Windows 10 Latest Build
RTX 3090
H150i RGB PRO XT
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory 1.35v XMP Profile

Server: 2019 DataCenter Edition, 42TB Store RAID 6 | WD Gold Enterprise Class 7200 RPM,SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache

37 minutes ago, MrHaydenJr said:

Let's just hold a live minesweeper tournament on discord for the next card.... 

iT'S OVER HYPED CARD. Not worth it.

Windows 10 Latest Build
RTX 3090
H150i RGB PRO XT

Hey Guys! Im quite late to this VAG stuff and Ive been Desperate for a GPU especially a 3070 and rx6800xt one of those two i just want one, all i want is to move on from Nintendo Switch to going back to a Full on PC gamer again 

7 minutes ago, Leadz said:

Hey Guys! Im quite late to this VAG stuff and Ive been Desperate for a GPU especially a 3070 and rx6800xt one of those two i just want one, all i want is to move on from Nintendo Switch to going back to a Full on PC gamer again 

RTX 3070's show up on amazon several times a day if you watch a stock update bot. For an rx6800xt amd.com has them every few days.

8 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

There are people who still haven't figured out that the first drop has ended.

It's good that they removed it, imo. Helps reduce the amount of people who would complain about it not working, without realising that it has already ended.

Edit: to those complaining about fairness, the first drop had, what, 100 cards? For a channel of their size, it's always gonna be "first come, first serve". Having everyone start at the same page seems fair to me. 

This is same as with all giveaways. Those who complain usually want to turn scale to their advantage someway. Usually without realizing how unfair that would be, or that they rarely would still be any more favorable than before. Like the argument of using forums as measurement. Those who have suggested it have been very inactive.

I remember when the one giveaway for forums was held. Back then, Linus and Luke made sure the winner wasn't just member, but they were an active member. Also not someone with activity starting since announcement, but something going on.

7 hours ago, AlexP11223 said:

And I think such tournament would result in some difficulties with laws too, that's why ROG Rig Reboot is mainly US & CA only.

Not really. RRR is excluding some regions and countries which require local permits to any competition with prices of monetary value over X amount. The main reason why it has been US/Canada centered is because it has logistics related issues. Including shipping, VAT and import duties. It has had international participation in two years, one of them with exclusive slot for non-American participants.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/27/2021 at 6:35 PM, AlexP11223 said:

Try reading this thread.

Since my post above I have learned a bit more info, as a result of the last WAN show. Regarding 'this thread', the majority of the 25 pages appears to be mostly unproductive opinion & other irrelevant comments. 

Ryzen 9 5900X | ALFII 280 | X570 MEG ACE | 32GB Patriot 3733-CL16-20-20-38 | Msi Tri-X 4080 | S-Blaster Z | Sabrent Rocket4 plus-g, Crucial P1, WD Green | Fractal ION 850W 80+ Gold | Define R6 | LG 34GN850 | L-tech K120 & Razer D-adder Mini |

2 hours ago, b1k3rdude said:

Since my post above I have learned a bit more info, as a result of the last WAN show. Regarding 'this thread', the majority of the 25 pages appears to be mostly unproductive opinion & other irrelevant comments. 

I can make unofficial FAQ and link to some known resources such as WAN timestamps and Linus' post. But overall, LMG has decided not to release any written info. So only actual resource is the WAN Shows.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

I can make unofficial FAQ and link to some known resources such as WAN timestamps and Linus' post. But overall, LMG has decided not to release any written info. So only actual resource is the WAN Shows.

You could put a popup on the forum main page, neon lights the works.

Within ten minutes their would be a thread "yeah but when is the next drop".

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

2 minutes ago, Tieox said:

You could put a popup on the forum main page, neon lights the works.

Within ten minutes their would be a thread "yeah but when is the next drop".

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, Lafy said:

RTX 3070's show up on amazon several times a day if you watch a stock update bot. For an rx6800xt amd.com has them every few days.

But some of the times theyre not the msrp price or the right price. And Thank you for the AMD part ill keep that in mind

So like, I get the need to hide the URL but this one was a pain in the ass Linus

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Missed it again.  Got through the quiz and ZERO available.  I like what you're doing Linus, but it still just feels as bad as when the bots raid the stores on notification.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 5 3600(Stock Clock)

Cooler: EVGA CLC 280 

Motherboard: ASUS X570 TUF Gaming Plus WiFi

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC3

RAM: 32GB(2x16GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600

SSD: WD Blue 3D NAND M.2 250 GB

HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB  

Case:  Fractal Design Meshify C

PSU:  Seasonic Focus 650W 80+ Gold

"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!!!" --Elwood Blues

1 minute ago, MaxFubar said:

Missed it again.  Got through the quiz and ZERO available.  I like what you're doing Linus, but it still just feels as bad as when the bots raid the stores on notification.

Not bots btw - But I def understand the feels bad 😞 only 80 avail this time.

Also technically there is still a queue at this time as some people that passed the quiz did not order... Hopefully you didn't close the page 😛

It was tough to get the link, the quiz seemed way easier this time. It was more about modern gaming. Keeping my fingers crossed since all inventory is reserved but it says items may become available

To be honest this is real fun, at least for me. The rush of adrenaline to figure out the url and then to pass the quiz fast it's exciting.

1 minute ago, Slick said:

Not bots btw - But I def understand the feels bad 😞 only 80 avail this time.

Also technically there is still a queue at this time as some people that passed the quiz did not order... Hopefully you didn't close the page 😛

I certainly didn't close the page yet. Will you let us know when they sell out so we don't sit in the queue forever?

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

The most difficult part was the link. 14 minutes after it was uploaded there is a queue.

2nd Week, 2nd spinning wheel 😞 sigh

Applaud tho for using pictures this time, better 🙂

2 minutes ago, Pitrus said:

It was tough to get the link, the quiz seemed way easier this time. It was more about modern gaming. Keeping my fingers crossed since all inventory is reserved but it says items may become available

I found it a bit harder this time, but took a few lucky shots and passed it. I wasted way more time trying to decrypt the URL (and I had a typo in there :D)

2 minutes ago, hoemma said:

I found it a bit harder this time, but took a few lucky shots and passed it. I wasted way more time trying to decrypt the URL (and I had a typo in there :D)

I think the worst part of the url was the first point, the second and third were fairly easy imo