Verified Actual Gamer Program Information [See Best Answer / 2021-10-08 update]

Padblaze
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

*** IMPORTANT *** LATEST INFO ***

Latest drop was made 2021-09-28 17:11 UTC

The drop is over, we have no info about when, what or where the next will be. Follow LinusTechTips on Youtube for any new drops.

EXPECTED TO DROP NEXT:

• Intel Arc GPUs (hinted at Dec 24th WAN Show)

About shipping and handling

• Handling times seem to be 1 week from drop to shipping label created.
  • Shipping times depend on carrier. For outside of NA, the carrier is FedEx and shipping times seem to be regular 5-14 days. For US and Canada, the shipping times might be same, or even longer.
  • Any additional charges, like customs fees and local VAT are paid on entry to country. There has been variation between countries to whom payments are made (FedEx on delivery, FedEx to their office, custom directly), so contact your local FedEx or customs offices for more details on those.

Known drops:

1. Asus 3070, 3080 and 3090, 2021-03-20 17:40 UTC

Spoiler

2. MSI 3080 SeaHawk, 2021-03-30 16:59 UTC

Spoiler

3. AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 2021-04-09 00:59 UTC

Spoiler

4. Asus TUF 6800XT, 2021-04-24 01:57 UTC / During WAN Show

Spoiler

5. Asus TUF 6800XT, 2021-04-26 17:05 UTC

Spoiler

vag2.thumb.PNG.ddd1ef7594273016c360771a196baf6a.PNGvag.PNG.6b7b0a1f9d7fc091e7b30720625e99f8.PNG

6. EVGA RTX 3060 XC Gaming / RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra, 2021-05-06 20:29 UTC

Spoiler

7. MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X OC, 2021-09-28 17:11 UTC

$1589.99

Spoiler

PARTICIPATION ENDED! If you are local to LMG (Lower Mainland region of British Columbia, Canada), you can participate to this https://gleam.io/nntHg/verified-actual-gamer-program-can-you-beat-linus

Announced in WAN Show https://youtu.be/-qj6hkLkdYg?t=2450

The even video (also 6th drop video)

FAQ

How do I enter? Can I enter? Where to signup?

You don't. All information about the drops are posted to Youtube and are hidden in videos. So far all drops have been on LinusTechTips main channel.

UPDATE: One of the drops was made live, during the WAN Show on Fridays. Until now there has been no drops on Friday or weekends.

UPDATE: For limited time, you can participate with local event https://gleam.io/nntHg/verified-actual-gamer-program-can-you-beat-linus

I watched the video, but there were no information. Where do I find this?

The information about the drop is removed from video after the drop is over.

When are videos posted?

At the moment LMG is using their regular timeslot which is 10-11AM PST (17-18 UTC).

UPDATE: LMG has posted in different timeslot to allow those in school or working chance.

How does this work?

So far the known information is following:

• Video is posted on Youtube and Floatplane at the same time.
  • There's segment in video where Linus gives a hint about what link you need to use in order to enter. The hints are words and Linus uses his fingers to state what parts of the link they are. The links start with http://www.lttstore.com/. Link is temporary and will only show note about drop ending afterwards.
    • UPDATE: Previously there was actual cut-scene, latest drop had just voice-over during b-roll.
  • There will be challenge on store page.
    • The first two drops had 15 question quiz about video games. You have 3 lives and 3-4 options to choose from. Fastest to finish will get their chance to buy items.
      • Besides 3 lives, you can skip 2 questions.
      • The latest drop had questions in video format with some answers shown as "A/B/C/D" and some as written normally.
    • UPDATE: Latest drop had small flash game in style of Jump King / Icy Tower.
  • Item of the drop is shown on store page before taking the quiz. You will see the price and other details too.
  • UPDATE: After completing challenge, you are put onto queue with AFK meter to prevent idling. Forgetting to re-charge bar will drop you at the tail end of the line
  • Prices are before VAT, tariffs etc. and shown in USD. Price after tariffs (US only) are shown on page.
  • You are allowed to buy one CPU and one GPU from this event. (Source)

Can you tell me when the next drop is?

No, because we don't know.

I'm at school/sleeping/working/have other reasons and can't watch at current time slot.

Linus has said that they will at some point use different time slot. What it is, we don't know. UPDATE: The time slot for later time was 12PM-1AM UTC.

Why can't they have link or more information somewhere?

Because the whole point is make this as hard as possible for anyone but the absolute most dedicated fans.

Why they don't collect list of people? Why aren't forum members, Floatplane subscribers etc. prioritized?

List wouldn't do anything. There would still need to be draw of sort needed, and the list would consist more of non-gamers the longer it was left open. Prioritizing forum members would discriminate towards other parts of audience.

Having payment as requirement to join or as something making "winning" more likely is classified as lottery under laws. This would require permit, it would exclude several regions which require local permits or don't allow any lottery, and it would put age limit of 19 years in place.

Can I try quiz afterwards?

At the moment, no. But there might be site at some point after event ends.

Posts made by Luke and Linus.

Spoiler

WAN Show segments

Spoiler

WAN Show Jun 4, 2021

26:25 - 27:10 "We currently have no stock, but the program is still on"

1:23:00 - 1:23:30 One board partner with some 3080Ti's coming

WAN Show April 23, 2021

17:43 - 34:43 VAG Drop live on stream

43:15 - 44:50 VAG drop is over, hinted about 270 more cards

1:16:40 - 1:17:44 Some last minute info

WAN Show April 16, 2021

1:36:30 Super-chats

WAN Show April 9, 2021

13:20 - 13:40 The latest drop info
40:50 - 43:55 The local event info
1:15:35 - 1:17:34 Super-chats #1
1:24:25 - 1:24:47 Super-chats #2
1:25:47 - 1:26:07 Super-chats #3

WAN Show August 27, 2021

1:05:40 - Super-chats

WAN Show October 8, 2021

2:06:20 - Super-chats

Here Linus says that Verified Actual Gamer program would be suspended until further notice. Reason given was that retail prices are about same as so-called "scalper prices". Making the program pointless.

WAN Show December 24, 2021

1:09:10 onward

To be updated

Misc:

21 hours ago, Junction Runner said:

Holy shit. He's maybe* going to buy scalper cards and put them on the vag program. 

That's a baller ass move, but also really fuck scalpers, I think I'd rather them sit with the stock until it devalues, as unlikely that is.

from the poll he made on the wan show.. unlikely.

Hopefully it doesnt happen, seeing scalpers pay 800€ for a 3080.. then putting it out for 1500€ in norway.. AND PEOPLE STILL BUY THEM..

*deep sigh*

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

2 hours ago, Hotpiggy said:

From what I've observed, Linus is basically telling us 'if you have a real job and a real family and real life issues, then you can't sit in front of youtube all day long hitting refresh waiting for some random video to pop up with some cryptic message on how to get in on the verified gamer program.  So he's basically lying to us, you don't have to be just a gamer, you also have to have no life and be able to type fast enough to set the world typing record at the right place at the right time.  Hitting the bell doesn nothing unless you have YouTube open 24/7 and watching it, or if you have no life but to constantly check email.  So we may be diehard fans, but not according to linus, his huge ego doesn't give two shits about us.  I never heard of this "first round" ever happening.  Thanks a lot Linus, thanks for getting our hopes up for the possibility to maybe get a card, then wiping your ass with all of our personal data you've collected.  I'll still watch your videos, I enjoy them a lot, and I really enjoy you and your quirky personality, but as for your promises to give us real gamers a chance at getting a card, well F-You.  You're full of shit when it comes to this.  Thank you for all your entertainment, but f-you for your bullshit "real gamers" scam.  Before all this crap went down, I had a 3080 on order with a guaranteed arrival date.  3 days before that was to come to fruition I had to cancel that order so the money could be used to pay part of a deductible for my son's medical bills regarding a liver transplant (an entirely diff. story).  When I was able to get back to ordering my card, this current bullshit went into full force and they were nowhere to be found, I've been trying to get one ever since.  Thankfully, my son still enjoys playing his Nintendo Switch, but since we already sold his video card, a GTX 1080 Ti for the money for the new 3080, that's all he has, the switch.  Then Linus announced this verified gamers thing which from my POV is vapor ware, so thanks a lot Linus, thanks a lot.  I apologize if I am coming across as upset or angry, but truth be told, I am.  At the entire situation, and the false claims of hope don't help at all.  I no longer let my son watch LTT because it just gets him excited and hopeful.

This is exactly what it is.

Yes, why can't we register as a verified gamer beforehand instead of from my understanding, you have to go through this process as you attempt to purchase a card, meanwhile, the faster typers have already bought out all of the cards.  If this program goes 'south' I hope Mr Linus loses his ass as far as subscribers and viewers go.  It's so tiring watching all of these reviewers cry and complain about the shortage while in the background of their videos they have shelves of Unicorns sitting in stock behind them as they "sympathize" with us, awe boo hoo, you guys only have 2-5 of each of these cards yet your so sad we can't buy them...

So we've already missed a drop we never even knew existed?  Fuck you LMG.

🧂🧂🧂

Chill out, man. It’s not like your case is unique. Me and countless others also didn’t get any cards; do you see us complaining? Linus himself assured us that there’ll be more cards coming in. If you can’t dedicate even just a little bit of time (it’s NOT 24/7, nowhere close to that) then just leave it. Find another way to get your luxury necessities. Regardless, others are doing just fine in the same position as you. Whatever you choose to do, good luck.

Just now, Some guy lost over the sun said:

100% this, I get that they want to keep it to a certain amount of people as you said "how this first drop was handled really favors the religious LTT viewers who catch every upload with 10 views." It seriously pissed me off considering that everyone was posting on the ltt twitter how they got midway through the verification to only then be turned away or even 404'd off the site from overload ig, all I just wanted was to be verified n what not then just be put on a designated waiting list. I don't even want my gpu rn, I just want to be updated and not be left out.

So you're not ready to buy but you still want to be on the list? Why? So that they can spend the time to contact you only to have you be like "nope, not actually looking to get a card." That doesn't make any sense. Not to mention the sheer amount of effort that'd take. If you're not buying now, you shouldn't even be trying to participate.

Just now, Some guy lost over the sun said:

Ig that's what I get for not being dedicated enough, despite watching 120 hours a week of their content a week 😕 thanks for the in depth answer tho 😄

I meeeeeean I know you're probably exaggerating, but that's pretty much impossible unless you spent literally every waking minute watching the channel.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I saw the list of questions and I would have got at least 4 of those questions wrong (only seen 13 of them to be fair) and I've been gaming for 30 years. Kudos to those who got enough right the first time around. I have never played KOTOR, Zero Wing or PUBG before.

7 hours ago, AlexP11223 said:

Try reading this thread.

that means less chance for me to get a gpu lol

wait what was the price without taxes or tarrifs of the cheaper rtx 3080?

11 hours ago, Hotpiggy said:

So he's basically lying to us, you don't have to be just a gamer, you also have to have no life and be able to type fast enough to set the world typing record at the right place at the right time.

9 hours ago, Some guy lost over the sun said:

100% this, I get that they want to keep it to a certain amount of people as you said "how this first drop was handled really favors the religious LTT viewers who catch every upload with 10 views.

It's not that much different than complaining to stores that they ran out of <product> at launch because of all the people that had lined up for days to get in the door first.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

8 hours ago, Frodo Baggins said:

I saw the list of questions and I would have got at least 4 of those questions wrong (only seen 13 of them to be fair) and I've been gaming for 30 years. Kudos to those who got enough right the first time around. I have never played KOTOR, Zero Wing or PUBG before.

"All you base are belong to us" was a meme back in early 2000s https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/all-your-base-are-belong-to-us

So the quiz overall wasn't only about the games you played, but the gamer culture as a whole. And it was geared towards people same age as Linus and Luke, like me (Linus is couple of years older, Luke younger).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Does anyone know when they start selling?

2 minutes ago, vinson _li said:

Does anyone know when they start selling?

First drop was made last Tuesday. We have no information when next will be done.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Wait does this program do AMD graphics cards or is it only NVIDIA graphic cards? I have only seen people talk NVIDIA that’s why I’m asking.

10 minutes ago, PrimaryFighter5 said:

Wait does this program do AMD graphics cards or is it only NVIDIA graphic cards? I have only seen people talk NVIDIA that’s why I’m asking.

The first batch was NVidia only, because that's all they were able to be provided with. There's apparently plans for MSI to help out, Could be a mix of both AMD and Nvidia. I've seen people saying that AMD has also offered help as well, though i don't think it's been confirmed how, whether it will be through an AIB, or if they are going to supply first party cards.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

To all these people moaning that THEY didn't get one, think about it this way.

If this programme hadn't happened, would you have one?

No.

So you wouldn't be any worse off, would you.

LMG have NOT somehow deprived you of a GPU. You should be happy that the GPUs are going to people who are actually going to use them for what they were built to do.

It astounds me how unbelievably ungrateful some people are.

12 minutes ago, PrimaryFighter5 said:

Whatever the case may be now, I think they're hoping to branch out into a wider range of products in the future, so there might be AMD cards soon if not now (though obviously don't quote me on that)

(Also, congratulations on finding the existing thread about this on your first post and asking your question politely! Most people seem not to be able to do that these days)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Incredible people feel entitled to a graphic card, who would have known..

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

Hey guys, does any one know when LTT, TQ, SC and TL ususally uploads videos? 

43 minutes ago, Dumb_Ass said:

Hey guys, does any one know when LTT, TQ, SC and TL ususally uploads videos? 

Between 6pm and 7pm CET on LTT

not sure whether this was asked before

but how does warranty work globally?

is it case by case? should I contact local ASUS/MSI/AMD/EVGA dealer?

2 minutes ago, xsater said:

not sure whether this was asked before

but how does warranty work globally?

is it case by case? should I contact local ASUS/MSI/AMD/EVGA dealer?

In the EU its legitimately 2 Years 

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

First drop was made last Tuesday. We have no information when next will be done.

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Thanks for the info 

did linus specify only the main channel for the drops or all the the channels i.e shortcircuit, techquickie, techlinked?

WHERE was the first drop announced?

Of course I did miss it, but I was looking like everywhere and there was no announcement or location to check until the twit stating that the stock is over...

3 minutes ago, valenti said:

Of course I did miss it, but I was looking like everywhere and there was no announcement or location to check until the twit stating that the stock is over...

it was in the video called I WAS RIGHT (And i hate it) but they deleted it so people dont get confused in years away

2 minutes ago, valenti said:

As far as I'm aware, they announce them at some random point in the videos when they're first uploaded, and I assume the link in the description is deleted after stock has run out. I don't know if they leave the announcements in the video or if they have some special agreement with youtube to reupload the video without losing the stats (like some of the music record labels do)

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 hour ago, kubsakkk said:

it was in the video called I WAS RIGHT (And i hate it) but they deleted it so people dont get confused in years away

I did watch that video, never finding out something about the drop.