Verified Actual Gamer Program Information [See Best Answer / 2021-10-08 update]

Padblaze
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

*** IMPORTANT *** LATEST INFO ***

Latest drop was made 2021-09-28 17:11 UTC

The drop is over, we have no info about when, what or where the next will be. Follow LinusTechTips on Youtube for any new drops.

EXPECTED TO DROP NEXT:

• Intel Arc GPUs (hinted at Dec 24th WAN Show)

About shipping and handling

• Handling times seem to be 1 week from drop to shipping label created.
  • Shipping times depend on carrier. For outside of NA, the carrier is FedEx and shipping times seem to be regular 5-14 days. For US and Canada, the shipping times might be same, or even longer.
  • Any additional charges, like customs fees and local VAT are paid on entry to country. There has been variation between countries to whom payments are made (FedEx on delivery, FedEx to their office, custom directly), so contact your local FedEx or customs offices for more details on those.

Known drops:

1. Asus 3070, 3080 and 3090, 2021-03-20 17:40 UTC

Spoiler

2. MSI 3080 SeaHawk, 2021-03-30 16:59 UTC

Spoiler

3. AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 2021-04-09 00:59 UTC

Spoiler

4. Asus TUF 6800XT, 2021-04-24 01:57 UTC / During WAN Show

Spoiler

5. Asus TUF 6800XT, 2021-04-26 17:05 UTC

Spoiler

vag2.thumb.PNG.ddd1ef7594273016c360771a196baf6a.PNGvag.PNG.6b7b0a1f9d7fc091e7b30720625e99f8.PNG

6. EVGA RTX 3060 XC Gaming / RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra, 2021-05-06 20:29 UTC

Spoiler

7. MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X OC, 2021-09-28 17:11 UTC

$1589.99

Spoiler

PARTICIPATION ENDED! If you are local to LMG (Lower Mainland region of British Columbia, Canada), you can participate to this https://gleam.io/nntHg/verified-actual-gamer-program-can-you-beat-linus

Announced in WAN Show https://youtu.be/-qj6hkLkdYg?t=2450

The even video (also 6th drop video)

FAQ

How do I enter? Can I enter? Where to signup?

You don't. All information about the drops are posted to Youtube and are hidden in videos. So far all drops have been on LinusTechTips main channel.

UPDATE: One of the drops was made live, during the WAN Show on Fridays. Until now there has been no drops on Friday or weekends.

UPDATE: For limited time, you can participate with local event https://gleam.io/nntHg/verified-actual-gamer-program-can-you-beat-linus

I watched the video, but there were no information. Where do I find this?

The information about the drop is removed from video after the drop is over.

When are videos posted?

At the moment LMG is using their regular timeslot which is 10-11AM PST (17-18 UTC).

UPDATE: LMG has posted in different timeslot to allow those in school or working chance.

How does this work?

So far the known information is following:

• Video is posted on Youtube and Floatplane at the same time.
  • There's segment in video where Linus gives a hint about what link you need to use in order to enter. The hints are words and Linus uses his fingers to state what parts of the link they are. The links start with http://www.lttstore.com/. Link is temporary and will only show note about drop ending afterwards.
    • UPDATE: Previously there was actual cut-scene, latest drop had just voice-over during b-roll.
  • There will be challenge on store page.
    • The first two drops had 15 question quiz about video games. You have 3 lives and 3-4 options to choose from. Fastest to finish will get their chance to buy items.
      • Besides 3 lives, you can skip 2 questions.
      • The latest drop had questions in video format with some answers shown as "A/B/C/D" and some as written normally.
    • UPDATE: Latest drop had small flash game in style of Jump King / Icy Tower.
  • Item of the drop is shown on store page before taking the quiz. You will see the price and other details too.
  • UPDATE: After completing challenge, you are put onto queue with AFK meter to prevent idling. Forgetting to re-charge bar will drop you at the tail end of the line
  • Prices are before VAT, tariffs etc. and shown in USD. Price after tariffs (US only) are shown on page.
  • You are allowed to buy one CPU and one GPU from this event. (Source)

Can you tell me when the next drop is?

No, because we don't know.

I'm at school/sleeping/working/have other reasons and can't watch at current time slot.

Linus has said that they will at some point use different time slot. What it is, we don't know. UPDATE: The time slot for later time was 12PM-1AM UTC.

Why can't they have link or more information somewhere?

Because the whole point is make this as hard as possible for anyone but the absolute most dedicated fans.

Why they don't collect list of people? Why aren't forum members, Floatplane subscribers etc. prioritized?

List wouldn't do anything. There would still need to be draw of sort needed, and the list would consist more of non-gamers the longer it was left open. Prioritizing forum members would discriminate towards other parts of audience.

Having payment as requirement to join or as something making "winning" more likely is classified as lottery under laws. This would require permit, it would exclude several regions which require local permits or don't allow any lottery, and it would put age limit of 19 years in place.

Can I try quiz afterwards?

At the moment, no. But there might be site at some point after event ends.

Posts made by Luke and Linus.

Spoiler

WAN Show segments

Spoiler

WAN Show Jun 4, 2021

26:25 - 27:10 "We currently have no stock, but the program is still on"

1:23:00 - 1:23:30 One board partner with some 3080Ti's coming

WAN Show April 23, 2021

17:43 - 34:43 VAG Drop live on stream

43:15 - 44:50 VAG drop is over, hinted about 270 more cards

1:16:40 - 1:17:44 Some last minute info

WAN Show April 16, 2021

1:36:30 Super-chats

WAN Show April 9, 2021

13:20 - 13:40 The latest drop info
40:50 - 43:55 The local event info
1:15:35 - 1:17:34 Super-chats #1
1:24:25 - 1:24:47 Super-chats #2
1:25:47 - 1:26:07 Super-chats #3

WAN Show August 27, 2021

1:05:40 - Super-chats

WAN Show October 8, 2021

2:06:20 - Super-chats

Here Linus says that Verified Actual Gamer program would be suspended until further notice. Reason given was that retail prices are about same as so-called "scalper prices". Making the program pointless.

WAN Show December 24, 2021

1:09:10 onward

To be updated

Misc:

5 minutes ago, thesacredmoocow said:

Domestic at least, looks like purolator canada.

ah shoot, I hope to get one for the next drop, would like to completely avoid my country's postal service (based on the quote I got before losing it to time i think its not), anyone has this info?

godspeed with your new gpu

On 3/7/2021 at 5:48 PM, Bitter said:

So that'll definitely be it! Time to learn how to make bots lol.

Please dont, even if its only a joke.

Somehow bots scouring the used marketplace in norway, its getting to a point where miners re-sell for 50% or more for profit.

Starting to see how a 2080s that was put up for some 500€ got sold in less than 50 seconds, sad fate.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

I found news in the subtitles of the "I WAS RIGHT!!!! (and I hate it)" video at the 10:32 mark on the video. I have taken the time to type out everything that was said below.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST LUCK!! Read below for more information: I promise this is not a joke.

I don't know why it's here as Linus has said that they have had complications with it on the WAN Show, but that took place on Friday, March 19 and this video was published on Tuesday, March 23 so things must've been sorted out over the weekend. Once again, best of luck to you all!

What is said: "We interrupt this video to bring you an exciting announcement. I was pondering this situation where gamers are forced to pay outrageous scalper prices for the latest hardware. And I was thinking to myself, what if there was a way to make 100% sure that the buyer was A, a real person, not a bot and B, a verified actual gamer? Well, now there is. Introducing the Gamer Gauntlet, or GG for short. All you have to do is pass through it before everyone else. And for two and a half glorious minutes, you will have reserved a spot to buy one of the hottest products out there at MSRP, or at least MSRP plus that, or import duties or taxes or whatever else. There's nothing we can do about trade wars or other such things. Of course, the real trick here was for us to get our hands on hardware at MSRP so that we could turn around and sell it at MSRP. That is where ASUS came in. They were absolutely jazzed about the idea and somehow scrapped together about a hundred RTX 30 Series cards for us to support the initiative, all of them with key ASUS technologies, like their Axial-tech fan design with a counter-rotating middle fan, their max contact heat sink, which is specially polished for maximum heat transfer, and their LA power to premium power delivery system. But enough talk, where do you go? If you're a verified actual gamer, listen carefully, because this knowledge is only for you. Go to LTT Store.com forward slash the numerical digits of the card you wish to buy. So that's 30703080 or 3090 followed by the two digits of the Konami code. All right, you guys got that? Stock is extremely limited. There's nothing we can do about that. All we can do is make sure that every card that touched our warehouse will go to a verified, actual gamer. While you guys are on there, we've actually got a promo running on the store on orders over $30, you can get $10 off a water bottle. So if you do miss out on a graphics card this time, at least you can take advantage of that. And as whether this program will continue, yes, it will. Both MSI and AMD have already committed stock for the Verified Actual Gamer program. And we are hoping that more will follow. So guys, make sure you stay tuned. Oh yeah. Back to the video. So yeah, you might be lucky to get a GPU at MSRP this time, next year. That is unless maybe big crypto crash leads to big sell-off. Of course, there is another burning question in all of this. I mean didn't basically the entire tourism industry get laid off? Aren't we in the middle of a huge recession? Why is there this unprecedented demand for $800 graphics cards? Well, here's the thing. Normally during a recession, the heaviest hit sectors are goods producing industries"

I hope you're having a great day, and are doing well!

Please tag me (@Happiness_is_Key ) or quote me in your post so I can see it.

F@H: Happy_Person62

Did you write all of this without knowing that the cards sold out in like 20 minutes?

I personally thought the whole point of this was to get people to run around yelling about what a gigantic vag they are.  So there were actually cards.  Cool.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, Tillamook233 said:

I found out today where the Verified Actual Gamers program was. It was in the video from two days ago. Turn the subtitles on. 

12 minutes ago, Happiness_is_Key said:

I found news in the subtitles of the "I WAS RIGHT!!!! (and I hate it)" video at the 10:32 mark on the video. I have taken the time to type out everything that was said below.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST LUCK!! Read below for more information: I promise this is not a joke.

A day late and dollar short for you guys. Also @Happiness_is_Key, merged to megathread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Did you write all of this without knowing that the cards sold out in like 20 minutes?

Yeah, I just figured out that people already knew..... I did read the YouTube comments, but didn't see anything that was liked a whole lot, so I thought people didn't know. That's me though, late to the party. Haha. I'll let myself out....

7 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

A day late and dollar short for you guys. Also @Happiness_is_Key, merged to megathread.

Yeah.... thank you. I took a break from YouTube for two days, and this is what happens. It was weird, I had this sudden urge to turn the subtitles on for this video which I don't do all that often.

I wasn't even trying to get card, just trying to let people know about it. Oops

I hope you're having a great day, and are doing well!

Please tag me (@Happiness_is_Key ) or quote me in your post so I can see it.

F@H: Happy_Person62

4 hours ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Please dont, even if its only a joke.

Somehow bots scouring the used marketplace in norway, its getting to a point where miners re-sell for 50% or more for profit.

Starting to see how a 2080s that was put up for some 500€ got sold in less than 50 seconds, sad fate.

Need to write bots to list things for the bots to buy.

4 hours ago, thesacredmoocow said:

Here they make oil filters, there they ship packages?

5 hours ago, thesacredmoocow said:

May I know your tracking number, address, and when you are least likely to be home.  

Seriously treat anything about this like it is a need to know secret.  GPU's are worth more than their weight in gold. 

13 hours ago, Arika S said:

no one knows. they haven't even said when the next one is in any capacity.

I'm wondering if they plan on any sort of announcement with a week window for the next one, or if it's just going to be completely out of nowhere. That would definitely weed out people who aren't dedicated, but it would also turn watching LTT videos into a second job.

Just now, Junction Runner said:

I'm wondering if they plan on any sort of announcement with a week window for the next one, or if it's just going to be completely out of nowhere. That would definitely weed out people who aren't dedicated, but it would also turn watching LTT videos into a second job.

I have no doubts they will say what is happening when they have received the cards.

but at this stage there is no point speculating in how it will be announced since releasing information too far ahead of time kind of negates the point of doing it the way they are.

the timeline will go, if they follow the same as the previous one;

1. announcement of the program
  2. we have received the cards
  3. mentioning it on WAN show
  4. saying the day the video is planned to be released with the purchase information
  5. video releases
  6. chaos

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

May I know your tracking number, address, and when you are least likely to be home.  

Seriously treat anything about this like it is a need to know secret.  GPU's are worth more than their weight in gold. 

I asked with no ill intent, but I concur one should be wary of the information shared on the web, regardless I doubt knowing the carrier is any kind of top secret information.

16 minutes ago, nznaza said:

I asked with no ill intent, but I concur one should be wary of the information shared on the web, regardless I doubt knowing the carrier is any kind of top secret information.

yeahh, don't worry I've been making sure that I haven't shared the order number, tracking number, or anything like that. Pretty much every GPU in canada is gonna be shipped with purolator, ups, fedex, canadapost, or intelcom or something so knowing the carrier isn't gonna help much I don't think.

9 hours ago, Junction Runner said:

Considering that they need to do simultaneous release with FP, and that there might be new products that need that option to be accessed too, I'm gonna assume they will be doing one drop per week as long as they have stuff to sell. It would also give their logistics/store team and FP teams more time to keep things flowing.

I also doubt they will use the "prime time" slots for this since those are Saturday and Sunday slots. With Fridays being WAN, the next drop would then come on Monday when everyone is back on work and can better monitor things while they happen.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/24/2021 at 6:40 PM, LinusTech said:

Linus

DO NOT BUY FROM SCALPERS!

P.S. Scalping is illegal in Canada, so technically u will support illegal activity.

New account here sorry if I mess up in some way but I think it would be cool if you guys made this a big event like the rig reboot where you and the contender pick a game and vs each other and for play and then have a mystery round or somthing 

I am a gamer with no gpu and I want to get 30 series but am not clear how and when the Verified actual gamer program gpu drops happen. I would like to know plz tell me.

Screenshot 2021-03-13 8.24.26 PM.png

Just now, lewdicrous said:

Logistics would be a massive issue, even if it was held online.

He already said on Wan that it was somthing he wanted to do this is just a mod of the rules he proposed 

The first program has ended.

No regular forum member knows when the next one will happen.

Follow them on social media and youtube to be notified about it.

2 minutes ago, ClintyisMinty said:

He already said on Wan that it was somthing he wanted to do this is just a mod of the rules he proposed 

Haven't watched it, is this meant to replace what they did in the first program, or as another 'vetting' process?

Just now, lewdicrous said:

Haven't watched it, is this meant to replace what they did in the first program, or as another 'vetting' process?

I think it was just a content thing 

5 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

The first program has ended.

No regular forum member knows when the next one will happen.

Follow them on social media and youtube to be notified about it.

ok

Aww, I was somewhat hoping this would be a 1C1S type program that we can get in a queue.  I can defiantly prove I'm a gamer via the computer and my steam profile and YouTube channels I'm part of. Would love to have a chance to get a card if that ever happens again.